Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 78047 times)

Skaen

Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #795 on: October 28, 2022, 02:02:24 pm »
You'll definitely get the best setup possible with that budget. Good to really good gaming pc builds are around 1-3k I'd say. When I built my own PC 2 years ago I had help of my colleagues who all are IT guys (PC worth around 1,5k). Since im still an intern i cant really give you a lot of help, but I could send you 1-2 things I feel like are really good that I use plus the costs arent too high so you dont have to invest everything you have
To be fair, I don't mind spending a lot on it because this money would have gone to my previous hobby anyway. My current PC was 5500 EUR. I am aiming to get the i9 13900K or the Ryzen 9 7950X CPU. And for the GPU I was aiming for the 3090 Ti or the 40 series. But since these cables are being burnt I am not sure to choose which.

I am quoting my previous post again since the beginning of a new page has opened so it makes it easier to look at it.

I decided to quit a hobby I had for a long time. Sold a lot of stuff that gave me a lot of money back that I want to invest in a next-gen gaming PC.

I've been asking several people which CPU and GPU I should get but since I have to change my motherboard and RAM and everything I think it's better that I build a completely new gaming desktop. I am not tech savvy and believe me I have been searching for stuff but I feel completely lost as I have no knowledge of all this. I just want the fastest and strongest CPU, the best GPU on the market right now (even though it will probably be overkill I am looking at the 40 series of nvidia, although I have seen videos of the cables being burnt), and some ultra fast SSD storage, preferably around 4 TB. I would also like 64 GB of RAM because I use video editing programs, Photoshop and I game a lot. Also a good motherboard to fit all these things. About the cooling, on my current PC I have custom built EKWB Quantum Hardline Liquid Cooling. If it is possible, I would like it back in my next setup again. Also some extra information, I game in 1080p resolution, but I want to max out any FPS I can get to get the smoothest experience. I want a card that also handles 4K very well since I'm planning to go 4K soon. Can anyone help me to find a next-gen build to cover all this?

My budget will be around €7000,00
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 02:12:56 pm by Skaenn »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #796 on: October 28, 2022, 07:07:16 pm »
Its a design fault with the cable for the 4090, you can replace it yourself until NVidia acknowledge the problem.

If you have the option to choose between the 13900k or the 7950X the choice is obviously the 13900k. Performs better in almost all gaming workloads and a lot of productivity ones as well. Until they release the version of the 7950X with the memory sync stuff its basically pointless for gaming.

As long as your EKWB waterblock covers the socket of the 13900k (Socket 1700, 9900k and my EKWB is for socket 1151 so assuming yours is too) then you will be able to transfer everything over. You will need a new GPU waterblock and new liquid though.

Use this: https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/ - Select your GPU, you MUST choose the correct one so do not buy one of these waterblocks until you actually buy a card. Because they won't always fit. Actually installing a waterblock on a GPU is easy though, just take off some screws, put some pads ontop of certain VRM etc. on the GPU's board and then screw down.

P.S: No fuckin idea what you plan to spend 7k euros on, I just put all parts together in a shopping cart on scan.co.uk (UK only) and it only cost 5k with an over £2000 4090 :D. If you were planning to buy brand new watercooling fittings etc. then yeah it would probably take you closer to 6k. Although I'm gonna be honest, watercooling is beyond pointless for a gamer.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 07:14:00 pm by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Skaen

« Reply #797 on: October 28, 2022, 07:36:17 pm »
Yeah, I do think a 3090 Ti will be more than enough for what I'll be doing. I'll also go with the 13900K then. I have been thinking of building an entirely new system. Because my parent's old system is getting worn out so to speak and then I'll give my current PC to them since they said they would give me something for it.

A few parts that I want to include are:

- Intel Core i9-13900K 3 GHz 24-Core Processor
- Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO ATX LGA1700 Motherboard (if this is a good option)
- RTX 3090 Ti (don't know which brand is good for example, Asus, Evga etc... since they are a bit different from what I've seen)

I'm also looking for some fast 64 GB RAM and ultra-fast SSD storage, but I really don't know what I'll need to be looking at. There is so much information out there, I just get totally lost and confused.

And yes, if I don't have to spend 7000 that's obviously better. I always thought water cooling was needed because of how hot the 13900K can get. Would a be quiet! Dark Rock Pro be efficient for cooling everything? Also, is it needed to have a bigger power supply? I currently have an 850-watt one, but I read somewhere for these more modern components that you need to be sitting at some 1000 watts or even a bit more. I don't know if it's true, I just read it at some places.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 07:38:22 pm by Skaenn »

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 28, 2022, 07:40:54 pm »
I would upgrade to 1000w or 1200w.

For storage, choose a motherboard that supports PCIe 4.0 and a likewise SSD like this: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/f3cRsY/samsung-980-pro-2-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-mz-v8p2t0bam

Assuming the Maximus Z790 supports it, would be surprised if it didnt.

For memory I put this down for mine: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/XDXJ7P/corsair-dominator-platinum-rgb-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr5-6200-cl36-memory-cmt32gx5m2x6200c36

Skaen

« Reply #799 on: October 28, 2022, 07:45:37 pm »
Yeah, I just took some motherboard that I think would be good. I really have no idea if it's a good motherboard. If you can give me some advice on some really high end, next gen motherboards which are compatible to the i9 13900K and 3090 Ti that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Would the storage that you suggested be like my current ones or even faster?
These are my current ones atm:

RAM: G.Skill 64GB DDR4-3600 4x16GB DDR4
SSD: Corsair Force MP600 2TB
SSD: Sandisk Ultra 3D SSD 2.5"

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 28, 2022, 08:05:37 pm »
Faster by a lot.

Motherboard is fine. I have one. It supports PCIe 5.0 but there's no SSD's out for that yet. So just use the one you have until it releases.

Skaen

« Reply #801 on: October 29, 2022, 08:50:19 pm »
Alrighty, thanks a lot for all the help. :)

Just one last question, should I go with Windows 10, or is Windows 11 out of the beta stage and worth it?

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 29, 2022, 09:14:15 pm »
If you even need to ask that question then the answer is obvious, Win 10.

There's no benefits to Win11.

Skaen

« Reply #803 on: October 29, 2022, 10:49:48 pm »
Yeah, I just saw some articles that Windows 11 improves gaming etc, but Windows 10 works fine for me.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #804 on: October 30, 2022, 05:54:39 pm »
Yeah, I just saw some articles that Windows 11 improves gaming etc, but Windows 10 works fine for me.

I don't think it would be even noticable with the PC you're going to get :D
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Skaen

« Reply #805 on: October 30, 2022, 06:20:30 pm »
Hah yes, there is some truth in that.  ;D

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #806 on: October 30, 2022, 08:08:21 pm »
Is windows 11 better for gaming? Been holding back on updating.

Skaen

« Reply #807 on: October 30, 2022, 08:36:51 pm »
Is windows 11 better for gaming? Been holding back on updating.
I read some articles that say its better for it. I found this article about now. But I'm not a techy or a software expert by any means...

https://www.ubackup.com/articles/windows-11-vs-windows-10-gaming-jkzbj.html

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 31, 2022, 12:06:39 am »
That page is absolute bullshit. Only thing that is right is Auto-HDR which yes is cool but in Win10 you just press a button. Not exactly game breaking.

Skaen

« Reply #809 on: October 31, 2022, 12:13:27 am »
Do you think Windows 11 will ever get good or is it better to wait for windows 12 if it comes out and if its any better? Because if it's the case about only the HDR feature, I'ma just stick with 10.