Author Topic: [GL] Grant’s Legion [Recruiting EU/NA Regiments and players]  (Read 12873 times)

Offline 21st_Alexander

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [EB] Excelsior Brigade EU / NA Recruiting
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2021, 07:03:54 am »
I thought Stryker is against brigades

lol there was a whole post about it from what I can recall

Just gotta get the right man and the man is him

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2021, 09:31:00 am »

Unfortunately with the current groups coming over from WoR and people going to form brigades unless individual regiments get big enough they are going to lose their voices compared to the corps, divisions, and brigades. I’ve seen some of the WoR drama from outside and a lot of it is bs, sometimes more cancer than Nw and that’s an achievement

Offline Zanderthegreat

• Sergeant Major
  • FOR THE KING!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zande
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2021, 03:32:31 pm »
Hess for Big Gen when?
You have to form a que if you want that job.

Offline Saris

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2021, 10:38:17 pm »

Unfortunately with the current groups coming over from WoR and people going to form brigades unless individual regiments get big enough they are going to lose their voices compared to the corps, divisions, and brigades. I’ve seen some of the WoR drama from outside and a lot of it is bs, sometimes more cancer than Nw and that’s an achievement

I wanted to form the Texas brigade in WoR but other people took the other regiments before I had a chance to consolidate them so yeah.

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
  • 5th Georgia Best Georgia
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
  • Nick: Francis
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2021, 09:01:58 am »

From the experience I have from the Dixieland Army, and the Confederate States Army, independent regiments are important. I totally get what you mean by being drowned out. But it's not an issues unless there is just one "community" calling the shots. Which was the DA and the CSA. Soon enough these communities will be trying to sway independent regiments to attend their events for numbers xd

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2021, 09:14:27 am »

From the experience I have from the Dixieland Army, and the Confederate States Army, independent regiments are important. I totally get what you mean by being drowned out. But it's not an issues unless there is just one "community" calling the shots. Which was the DA and the CSA. Soon enough these communities will be trying to sway independent regiments to attend their events for numbers xd
From what I’ve been told WoR is already factionalized between the Confederate and Union sides of the community which I find pretty amusing but that’s off topic. The “One community calling the shots” was just one issue we aimed at preventing. Our main goal is to combat the racist toxic bush pirate bs from NW while at the same time trying to prevent the factionalization (this should be a word but isn’t smh) I hear so many stories about from WoR. Odds are (in my opinion) this game will become just like the factionalized WoR community then gradually deteriorate into NW, and this brigade in one unifying voice says no we are not standing for this bullshit.

Offline Zanderthegreat

• Sergeant Major
  • FOR THE KING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2021, 01:21:52 pm »

From what I’ve been told WoR is already factionalized between the Confederate and Union sides of the community which I find pretty amusing but that’s off topic. The “One community calling the shots” was just one issue we aimed at preventing. Our main goal is to combat the racist toxic bush pirate bs from NW while at the same time trying to prevent the factionalization (this should be a word but isn’t smh) I hear so many stories about from WoR. Odds are (in my opinion) this game will become just like the factionalized WoR community then gradually deteriorate into NW, and this brigade in one unifying voice says no we are not standing for this bullshit.
^

Offline Vesta

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2021, 01:14:51 am »
Can't do worse then the IX

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2021, 01:21:48 am »
I mean, there is no pure reason to create a community. At the end of the day, it's just people wanting power over others. Doesn't get much simpler than that.

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
  • Commanding Officer of the 14th Buckinghamshire
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14th_Cpt_John_Campbell
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2021, 01:47:14 am »
Listen here bitch

Offline Hess

• Captain
  • 83rdPA, 4eme, 8e, 2ndNYSM
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hess
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2021, 02:15:08 am »

Offline Zanderthegreat

• Sergeant Major
  • FOR THE KING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2021, 02:16:46 am »
I mean, there is no pure reason to create a community. At the end of the day, it's just people wanting power over others. Doesn't get much simpler than that.
It depends on how its run. I would agree a lot of communities are like that but some stand apart and that's what we are trying to do.

Offline pk_27

• Private
  • ehem... re.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2021, 02:21:20 am »
may the force be with you  8)

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
  • Commanding Officer of the 14th Buckinghamshire
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14th_Cpt_John_Campbell
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2021, 03:44:55 am »
Listen here bitch

Time to abandon ship
We really didn't do bad, me and Jazz just got outlead and  out melee'd in the league so it's a gg regardless. And it doesn't help that all the regiments besides Jazz's died lol.

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2021, 07:12:20 am »
It depends on how its run. I would agree a lot of communities are like that but some stand apart and that's what we are trying to do.

Yes, there are always different reasons. But at the end of the day, the motive is always the same. And that's to have the advantage and power over others. The difference is who is in charge.