The Lounge > Forum & Website

Forum Security Breach

(1/5) > >>

Olafson:
Hello everyone!
We hope you are having a nice weekend or start to your week.  As part of our efforts to provide awareness to the FSE community, we wanted to apprise you of a recent event we experienced earlier this week.

We recently became aware that a former colleague’s account was compromised, and that his account was used to gain a number of individual’s personal email addresses and IP information (due to the moderator-like privileges the account possessed).  The intent seems to range from potential to troll and in some cases, DDoS IP addresses.  We have not seen any other intent than those mentioned.  As soon as we were apprised of the situation, we removed permissions from his account and changed his password so this doesn’t happen again.

This incident also gave us a chance to patch and update the forum to its latest version, repaired the broken Member list, and many other smaller bugs related to the modules.  Everything should now be working at least at the level it was prior to the bugs occurring, if not better.  We appreciate any feedback you have on it by going to the appropriate area in the forums to share your feedback.

Lastly, it is also a good time to purely remind you to ensure your account information is up to date – if there are common passwords you use, to please update them, and ensure you have a security question set up that you know the answer to.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and participation on the forum.  We appreciate those that quickly brought this to our attention, and to the team for taking swift action.
If there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the FSE moderation team directly via PM or via Steam.

Thank you,
Flying Squirrel Entertainment and the Moderator Staff.

Skaen:
The Riverwood Trader FSE Forum is back to the way it used to be!

Blue2volf:
Changed password just in case.

danangleland:
Thanks for letting us know Olafson. I was so happy when I saw the email notification from FSE; "Ooh, an update!", I thought  :(

bobertini:
Is there a policy in place now that when someone retires their moderation rights are removed?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version