Author Topic: BB Code Help  (Read 22189 times)

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
BB Code Help
« on: February 06, 2013, 01:09:02 am »
BB Code Help

Hello everyone, I'm going to start a small thread to post free to use items to help you express ideas using BBCode in the FSE forums. In particular starting a regiment and presenting yourself in a nice way. These are items I can make by request / things I've already made. Section 1 will be the first post and it will describe almost everything you can learn from BBCode. The 2nd post consists of examples of how you can use these. Before you continue, please make sure that you have read the following threads: Forum Policy and FAQ. If you wish to register your Napoleonic Wars regiment on the forums please read and post HERE. I highly encourage and implore new members to carefully read stickied threads and to enjoy the FSE forums.

BB Code Basics

This forum uses and supports BBCode, which is a more code based HTML. For any questions I cannot answer please go Here. Below I will post an example of text and the code that is required to use it. Simply copy and paste it and mess with it to experiment with it. Always remember to use the preview button!

Default Size
18pt Size
Code
Default Size
[size=18pt]18pt Size[/size]

Italicized Text, useful for citing information.
Code
[i]Italicized Text, useful for citing information.[/i]

Underlined Text
Code
[u]Underlined Text[/u]

Strikethrough Text - Useful for revoking posts since they CANNOT be deleted.
Code
[s]Strikethrough[/s]

Preformatted text

Centered Text
Left Aligned Text
Right Aligned Text
Code
[pre]Preformatted text[/pre]
[center]Centered Text[/center]
[left]Left Aligned Text[/left]
[right]Right Aligned Text[/right]

Glow Text
Code
[glow=red,2,300]Glow Text[/glow]

Shadowed Text
Code
[shadow=red,left]Shadowed Text[/shadow]

SuperscriptSuperscript
SubscriptSubsript
Code
Superscript[sup]Superscript[/sup]
Subscript[sub]Subsript[/sub]

Teletype
Code
[tt]Teletype[/tt]

Tables   arrange   text
intoagrid
Code
Tables are defined with [table][/table]. They consist of rows defined with [tr][/tr], which contain cells ([td][/td]). Example:
[table][tr]
[td]Tables   [/td][td]arrange   [/td][td]text[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td]into[/td][td]a[/td][td]grid[/td]
[/tr][/table]

Code
[quote]Quote[/quote]

Quote from: User
Blah

Code
[quote=User]Blah[/quote]

Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]

Code
[spoiler]Spoiler[/spoiler]

Spoiler Name
[close]

Code
[spoiler=Spoiler Name][/spoiler]

A Pretty Title Font and Size

[/spoiler]
Code: Font types
[size=18pt][font=perpetua]A Pretty Title Font and Size[/font][/size]

Forum built divider
A build in header used to split up or flow parts of your posts.
Spoiler

[close]
Code
[hr]

List
  • Item1
  • And so on

Code
List
[list]
[li]Item1[/li]
[li]And so on[/li]
[/list]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:22:27 am by Refleax »

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Forum Help Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 01:09:31 am »
BB Code Resources & Examples

French Ranking Table
These ranks were made by Xeroth, I just put them in a table. You DO NOT have to use my specific names, in fact it's very easy to change around when you get the basics of BBCode.
Spoiler
Officiers

Capitaine - Cpt

Lieutenant - Lt

Sous-Lieutenant - SLt

Adjudant - Adj
Sous-officiers

Sergent-Major - SgtMjr

Sergent - Sgt

Caporal-Fourier - CplFo

Caporal - Cpl
Militaires du rang

Soldat en Premiere - SoP

Soldat de Deuxième - SoD

Soldat - Sdt

Cadet - Cad

[close]
Code
[center]
[table]
[tr]
[td]
[b]Officiers[/b]
[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/AtomicB01/93e/Capitaine_zps3ef196de.png[/img]
Capitaine - Cpt
[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/AtomicB01/93e/Lieutenant_zps445314d5.png[/img]
Lieutenant - Lt
[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/AtomicB01/93e/Sous-Lieutenant_zps7c41fee7.png[/img]
Sous-Lieutenant - SLt
[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/AtomicB01/93e/Adjudant_zps47a90af2.png[/img]
Adjudant - Adj
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]
[b]Sous-officiers[/b]
[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/AtomicB01/93e/SergentMajor_zps742cb723.png[/img]
Sergent-Major - SgtMjr
[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/AtomicB01/93e/Sergent-Sgt_zpsbd354695.png[/img]
Sergent - Sgt
[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/AtomicB01/93e/CaporalFourier_zps5ee9fc51.png[/img]
Caporal-Fourier - CplFo
[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/AtomicB01/93e/Caporal_zpsb2adee05.png[/img]
Caporal - Cpl
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]
[b]Militaires du rang[/b]
[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/AtomicB01/93e/SoldatPremiere_zpsa550f202.png[/img]
Soldat en Premiere - SoP
[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/AtomicB01/93e/SoldatDeuxiegraveme_zps478255cb.png[/img]
Soldat de Deuxième - SoD
[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/AtomicB01/93e/Soldat_zpsa8019ca6.png[/img]
Soldat - Sdt
[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/AtomicB01/93e/Recruit_zpse51a7e74.png[/img]
Cadet - Cad

[/td][/tr][/table]

Space compacting - useful for historical sections!
Used to compact space, be careful what you plug into it. The resolution is dependant on how much is put in width wise.

Code
[table]
[tr]
[td]Text here[/td]
[td]image URL here[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Image URL here[/td]
[td]Text here[/td]
And so fourth.
[/table]

Old 93e Copy Pasta

Historical Overview

The 93e Régiment d'Infanterie was involved in more battles than any other regiment in the French army. During the Napoleonic Wars the regiment fought in 76 battles and earned 3 Battle Honors. The regiment was involved in combat ranging from Italy and Spain to Russia and Germany. The regiment took part in some of the greatest battles of Napoleon's era such as Essling, Wagram, Borodino, Dresden and Waterloo. So intensely involved was the regiment that it even fought as marines during the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805. After its historic efforts at Essling, the regiment was praised by Napoleon, exclaiming, "You see that there is nothing impossible with such men". From this, the regiment got its motto "To such men, nothing is impossible!". From 1797 to 1800, the regiment was a major contributer to the war in Italy against Austria. It fought bravely during the campaign and took part in all of the major battles. After this it was stationed at Rochefort, guarding the harbor island of Aix. From 1804 to 1806, the 93e became the garrison of marines for the boats that it had guarded. During this time it fought at the famous Battle of Trafalgar, not many other regiments can say they had such an honor.

In 1806, the regiment became part of the Grande Armee, fighting against the Swedes before fighting on two fronts in 1808. The 4th battalios of the 93e Ligne fought in Spain while the 3rd fought in Austria before joining with the rest on the Danube River. Once reunited the regiment took part in the three battles which earned the regiment its battle honors and its motto. (Eckmühl, Essling and Wagram). In 1809 the regiment heroically participated in these historic battles, standing out in Essling when it charged forward into the advancing Austrians, decimating 6 battalions of infantry and skirmishers before fighting off Austrian Uhlans to regroup with the rest of the army. At Essling the challenge presented to the 93e Ligne was deemed impossible, yet with bravery and courage it charged forward, "To such men, nothing is impossible".

Napoleon's march on Russia saw the 93e Ligne yet again off to war. All battalions were reformed and marched forward with the rest of the army. The fighting was hard yet the regiment managed to fight through Borodino before reaching Moscow. Coming under heavy fire from Russian cannons at Borodino, the regiment advanced against the Russian infantry, taking a couple standards and losing a fair amount men before being forced to withdraw by the Russian cossacks. After Moscow the regiment retreated with the rest of the army yet survived enough to still be effective in the following campaigns in Germany. The regiment decisively participated in the battles of Dresden, Leipzig and Hanau in 1813 before continuing to fight valiantly in France until Napoleon's abdication.

During the "Hundred Days" the regiment was re-organised and marched into Belgium. There the 93e Ligne fought at Quatre Bras putting up a steady defence before having to fall back. The next day, the regiment was then heavily involved in a lot of fighting at Waterloo. After the defeat, the regiment retreated back to Laon and took up positions, ready to defend the capital. There it stayed until Napoleon's final abdication, marking an end to the regiments history during the Napoleonic Wars. Afterwards the regiment remained and took part in many Wars fighting in both World Wars. Today it still exist, carrying on the regiments illustrious history.
 This was all written by Greenbeard, I cannot replicate such detail to history without going in to depth such as he did.

Grenadier Company

We represent the 1st battalion grenadier company. In 1805 approx. 1/3 were veterans of at least 6 years' service. The army of 1812 was almost as good as the famous Grand Army of 1805-1806. In 1812 however there were less veterans in the ranks. According to de Segur the old-timers could easily be recognized "by their martial air. Nothing could shake them. They had no other memories, no other future, except warfare. They never spoke of anything else. Their officers were either worthy of them or became it. For to exert one's rank over such men one had to be able to show them one's wounds and cite oneself as an example." They stimulated the new recruits with their warlike tales, so that the conscripts brightened up. By so often exaggerating their own feats of arms, the veterans obliged themselves to authenticate by their conduct what they've led others to believe of them. Making them truly men that were worthy to be reckoned with.

Quote from: French Regulations of Internal Economy and of Infantry [Section IX, Article 1
issued in 1791]Grenadiers are supposed to set an example of good conduct and of subordination. They are always to be selected from the soldiers of the most distinguished and approved merit. Every year, on the 9th September, a list of privates to complete the grenadier company is to be formed. Each of the several captains in a battalion will select the 3 most eligible men from his fusilier company to become grenadiers. These selected men must have been serving for at least for 2 years and be at least 173.5 cm tall (French 5'4"). These selected men were assemled, talked about, and examined by the captain, officers, NCOs and two senior troopers of the grenadier company. The captain of grenadier company listens to the reports and remarks made, note down such as appear to him founded and then decides whom of the selected men put on the list to propose to the commander of demi-brigade. The commander of the demi-brigade judging from the reports which have been given to him by the captain will accept only those of the earlier selected by the captain men who "deem worthy of a decided preference."
[close]

Quote from: MaHuD

Everything listed is FREE of charge. This means that you won't need to pay anything in order to use it.

Graphic packs to make your regimental thread/website and it's users look fancy:

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:26:31 am by Refleax »

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Forum Help Thread
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 01:14:54 am »
BB Code Tutorials & Guides

A small tutorial.

Table Making

From Itosian

A useful website that can reduce the confusion of making organized tables.
http://www.teamopolis.com/tools/bbcode-table-generator.aspx

From Xeroth

1. Find the table insertion icon near the top of bar in a comment, this is of course after you actually start a new post or reply to a post.

Example(Click here)
[close]

2. This will insert the code for a table, like this.
Code
[table]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

3. As you can see that looks like a different language, it's actually really easy. The following code is the beginning of a new row, place it wherever you want a new row to begin.
Code
[td]

You can place whatever you want to end that row and start a new one, but to finish it, you must place the following code.
Code
[/td]
This will fully finish that row

Example
[close]

4. As for the following command
Code
[tr] and [/tr]
Each of the tr and /tr will add a new row below the first one. This is not sideways like the td and /td but instead below the first row.

Example
[close]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:24:45 am by Refleax »

Offline Viking

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Forum Help Thread
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 01:16:13 am »
Very nice Menelaos! Extremely useful!

Offline Gragnok

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEB_Col_Gragnok
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 01:55:51 am »
This should be stickied to help new people imho
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Offline Cohort

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 02:55:36 am »
This is very helpful, thanks a lot Menelaos.

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 04:04:19 am »
Hopefully they will add this to the 'Help' tab on top like on TaleWorlds, very nicely done.

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 04:22:03 am »
Feel free to add my in-depth table making tutorial.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2266.0
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?

Offline ThatSillyLucas

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ThatSillyLucas
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 02:58:41 pm »
Soldat de deuxième classe , soldat de première classe please...

And I'm talking about normal infantry ! Not the guards !

http://lesapn.forumactif.fr/t2504-les-grades-dans-larmee-de-napoleon

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 06:49:45 pm »
If you read you would have noticed the "It's changeable" part. I never claimed to be the most accurate, only provide layout.

Offline Rackio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rackio
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 05:05:18 pm »
deserves a bump to get you back to the top for this helpful guide
I'll always be sympathetic to your plight, Rackio. Probably not enough to act, but enough to care.

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 01:46:22 pm »
deserves a bump to get you back to the top for this helpful guide

indeed

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
Re: BB Code Help Thread
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 08:39:49 pm »
Useful guide, stickied.
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Megaberna

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Megaberna
Re: BB Code Help Thread
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 09:05:53 pm »
Nice work Menelaos! ;)

Offline Rikugun Taishō Ito

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Itosian
Re: BB Code Help
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 05:06:25 am »
There is a site, I've used for tables and find it much easier than making one.
http://www.teamopolis.com/tools/bbcode-table-generator.aspx
yooza bitch