Author Topic: The Star Wars Thread  (Read 108530 times)

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Star Wars Thread
« Reply #735 on: December 20, 2019, 06:30:59 pm »
Spoiler
im just happy I got to hear Ashley eckstein (ahsoka) and Jennifer hale (aayla) :)
also it was never explained how Palpatine survived and nice job completely negating anakins sacrifice, very cool!
AND FUCKING RIP SNAP WEXLEY LITERALLY THE ONLY GOOD CHARACTER TO COME FROM THIS SHITSHOW OF A NEW TRILOGY
he was the main character of the books and they just killed him off like no big deal not salty at all I swear!!
4/10 only for ahsoka and aayla, two redeeming parts. I did like Luke’s force ghost scene though
[close]
Spoiler
Really wanted to see Hayden Christenson's force ghost come back but alas, Disney would never make a good decision. Voice lines aren't enough
[close]
Spoiler
if they had Anakin come to Kylo instead of han that would have been E P I C
[close]

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #736 on: December 20, 2019, 07:22:22 pm »
Spoiler
im just happy I got to hear Ashley eckstein (ahsoka) and Jennifer hale (aayla) :)
also it was never explained how Palpatine survived and nice job completely negating anakins sacrifice, very cool!
AND FUCKING RIP SNAP WEXLEY LITERALLY THE ONLY GOOD CHARACTER TO COME FROM THIS SHITSHOW OF A NEW TRILOGY
he was the main character of the books and they just killed him off like no big deal not salty at all I swear!!
4/10 only for ahsoka and aayla, two redeeming parts. I did like Luke’s force ghost scene though
[close]
Spoiler
Really wanted to see Hayden Christenson's force ghost come back but alas, Disney would never make a good decision. Voice lines aren't enough
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
wait han is a force ghost? how the fuck is that even possible he's not even force sensitive
[close]

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #737 on: December 20, 2019, 07:47:05 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
wait han is a force ghost? how the fuck is that even possible he's not even force sensitive
[close]
Spoiler
I wouldn't want to think too much into it. They have had difficulties defining the properties of the Force since the EU began. The best example here would be how Kylo managed to bring Rey back rather easily. Which is odd considering how every Sith Lord prior to him had attempted to achieve immortality/resurrection and failed (or came at a heavy price).

Not Plagueis, not Palpatine, not Nihilus, not Vitiate, not Sion, not Naga fucking Sadow, but Ben Solo. Ridiculous if you ask me. 
[close]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 07:48:37 pm by Sgt.Winters »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #738 on: December 20, 2019, 08:11:39 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Spoilers!
Spoiler
Han was not a force ghost. He was more of a memory that was shown in a more physical and literal sense. But he certainly was not a force ghost and they made that clear. He had no blue aura/glow around him and Kylo literally said he was just a memory. Also yes I agree that the biggest missed opportunity is not actually seeing Hayden Christenson return as a force ghost. Hearing him was great but we really needed to see him as a Ghost at the end. And I also think it would have been better to see him talking to Kylo instead of Han but I still enjoyed seeing Han in that moment none the less and it made sense overall. But that was one of the missed opportunities for sure. He should of at least been next to Luke and Leia at the very end. Or showed up to help Rey in her big moment. But really just hearing his voice a few times was enough to please me, like at least they did that. But even with the missed opportunity, I really enjoyed it all a lot. Even if it wasn't perfect.

And referring to Kylo being able to revive Rey, I think it is a little crazy. But Palpatine does say that the bond and power between Kylo and Rey is something extremely rare and powerful that almost no other Jedi and Sith have ever had. Atleast in a LONG time. (Can't remember his exact words.)
[close]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 09:17:03 pm by Marceaux »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #739 on: December 20, 2019, 08:52:18 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Spoilers!
Spoiler
Han was not a force ghost. He was more of a memory that was shown in a more physical and literal sense. But her certainly was not a force ghost and they made that clear. He had no blue aura/glow around him and Kylo literally said he was just a memory. Also yes I agree that the biggest missed opportunity is not actually seeing Hayden Christenson return as a force ghost. Hearing him was great but we really needed to see him as a Ghost at the end. And I also think it would have been better to see him talking to Kylo instead of Han but I still enjoyed seeing Han in that moment none the less and it made sense overall. But that was one of the missed opportunities for sure. He should of at least been next to Luke and Leia at the very end. Or showed up to help Rey in her big moment. But really just hearing his voice a few times was enough to please me, like at least they did that. But even with the missed opportunity, I really enjoyed it all a lot. Even if it wasn't perfect.

And referring to Kylo being able to revive Rey, I think it is a little crazy. But Palpatine does say that the bond and power between Kylo and Rey is something extremely rare and powerful that almost no other Jedi and Sith have ever had. Atleast in a LONG time. (Can't remember his exact words.)
[close]
thanks for putting the extra spoiler thing there otherwise I would have actually read it
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 20, 2019, 09:14:52 pm »
Yeah, I figured someone probably would since no one on FSE actually uses the spoiler feature to hide actual spoilers lol.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #741 on: December 20, 2019, 09:50:57 pm »
My biggest problem with this movie is that they took absolutely no risks whatsoever.

Spoiler
Chewy dead killed by Rey making her contemplate her powers and if she really is destined to be evil? Nah he was on a different ship. C3PO losing his memory and having all the build up to that moment? Nah 20 minutes later he gets it all restored. Woah the emperors lightning takes down the entire rebel fleet? Nah he stops and every ship recovers and destroys a fleet of thousands of star destroyers. Ben Solo thrown down a shaft like his grandpa did to the emperor? Nah he’s back to revive Rey. Rey dies in the ultimate sacrifice and ends the Palpatine line (potentially)? Nah the last Skywalker comes and gives his life so she could live. A power Anakin turned evil to learn and Ben does it outta nowhere.

This movie would have been way better if Rey ended up dying and Ben Solo being the last Skywalker. He could have gone into exile to Tatooine or repayed his debt to society by training the next generation of Jedi, but no of course they don’t have the balls to do that. The ending was so rushed. Didn’t get to enjoy any moment. Palpatine died like a fucking bitch and there was no epic fight. Anakin should have been a part of defeating Palpatine not just his words of encouragement. Wasted opportunities left and right for this movie. 
[close]
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 20, 2019, 10:17:03 pm »
Like I said before if the critics don't like it the audience probably will. Pretty much every movie a critic has ever said is bad I usually end up liking, with some exceptions. And that stands true with Rise Of Skywalker. And seems most people feel the same.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 10:19:52 pm by Marceaux »

Offline fruitocino

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18e SgtMaj
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 21, 2019, 02:48:32 am »
Spoiler
This was definitely my favourite movie out of the 3. But as you guys said already, a lot of missed opportunities. I feel like the ending of the trilogy with this movie could have been SO much better if the build up through TFA and TLJ would have been done differently, or be there at all! While i felt that TFA was bland in character development before, now even more so since they chose the "Rey becomes a Skywalker" ending. TLJ of course took most of the story down a radically different path which then leads to them (among other things) bringing back palpatine and his secret society back there... Really makes you wonder how the trilogy would have turned out if they had a single director with the overall story in mind to direct all 3 movies.
I did like the yellow lightsaber at the end though. 
[close]

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 21, 2019, 02:58:56 am »
Spoiler
This was definitely my favourite movie out of the 3. But as you guys said already, a lot of missed opportunities. I feel like the ending of the trilogy with this movie could have been SO much better if the build up through TFA and TLJ would have been done differently, or be there at all! While i felt that TFA was bland in character development before, now even more so since they chose the "Rey becomes a Skywalker" ending. TLJ of course took most of the story down a radically different path which then leads to them (among other things) bringing back palpatine and his secret society back there... Really makes you wonder how the trilogy would have turned out if they had a single director with the overall story in mind to direct all 3 movies.
I did like the yellow lightsaber at the end though. 
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah the yellow saber was sick and it looked to be a double-bladed saber like Darth Mauls. Really wish we could have seen her fight with it. And you can tell it would be a more natural choice of weapon for her since she was used to using a staff already. And i agree with you it was the best of the 3 and really good imo. I just wish they didn't miss some key opportunities. Which seems to be a mutual agreement between most people. It really shows how bad TLJ fucked everything up. If JJ had just directed all 3 it would certainly have been even better. And we would have 3 good films instead of 1/2.
[close]

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
« Reply #745 on: December 21, 2019, 04:11:29 am »
Spoiler
+ Music Score
+ Lando (Although his appearance on that random planet is just a convenient plot device).
+ Ian McDiarmid portrayal of Palps
+ CGI/Effects
+ Cameos
+ Adam Driver
+ Rose reduced to a background character

- Painfully obvious Disney had no plan for this trilogy.
- I disliked the last jedi, this is not how they should of address the problems with that film.
- Opening crawl reads like it was written by a 13 year old kid
- Palps forced in movie without any explanation.
- Pacing issues in the first half.
- Exposition, Exposition,  Exposition,  Exposition,  Exposition,  Exposition,  Exposition,  Exposition,  Exposition,  Exposition,  Exposition.
- Leia's death was dumb. Leia should have been CGI/deep faked instead of reusing old scenes.
- C3PO's data wipe subplot.
- Knights of Ren do nothing, just like Cpt Phasma was created to sell toys.
- Daisy Riddley can't act and/or has bad dialogue.
- Finn: "REEYYYYYYY" "REEYYYYYYY" "REEYYYYYYY"
- Zori and the horse riding chick while I liked the characters, couldn't care less about them. Introducing new characters in the last and finale film, whats the point?
- "I'M THE SPY" scene was cringe. (Spy was too obvious from the get go)
- Forced shot of the two women kissing to appease Disney stakeholders and SJW.
- Lightsaber fighting was meh.
- Rey's parentage..... I preferred them when they were "Junkers"
- Rey killing palps basically retcons the original and prequel films.
- Each of the sequel movies have used Planet Killing weapons as plot devices. 
- Massive plot holes, more questions created then answered.]

I could write more.. but yeah those are the main ones.

[close]

« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 04:19:27 am by Gurkha »

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
« Reply #746 on: December 21, 2019, 05:03:57 am »
now that ive had more time to dwell on it here are my full thoughts
overall 4/10 movie
would watch once (just cuz its star wars) but not again
Spoiler
+aayla and ahsoka voices (kms if that means ahsoka is dead)
+chewbaccas reaction to leia's death actually made me really sad
+daisy ridleys reaction to chewbaccas "death" was really good
+less rose
+apparently theres a legion named after revan. if only we could get vitiate canon again ):
+adam driver was a gamer
+C3P0 was very enjoyable and i liked him throughout
+D0 was neat
+liked luke's force ghost scene
+music excellent as always

-the pacing of the entire movie was garbage
-didnt care for the new characters, nor did i care if they lived, didnt feel any emotion towards them
-the only scenes were i felt into the movie were ones with established characters from the old trilogy (ex luke, leia, chewbacca)
-hux saying "im the spy" was retarded
-making anakins sacrifice and the prophecy basically irrelevant "oh anakin just inconvenienced the sith, he didnt destroy them"
-finn never told rey nor poe what he wanted to say the entire movie
-knights of ren, i was excited to see them fight and then they just got memed
-almost entirely ignoring snap wexley's death even tho he was the main character in 3 books
-no force ghost anakin
-rey/kylo revive. it wouldve been hilarious if they just kept dying and reviving each other over and over. that legit would have made a 10/10 movie ending.
-never explained how palpatine survived
-who tf had intercourse with palpatine
-how were all those ships created? is it like a new star forge or something?
-rey calling herself "rey skywalker"

i hope they make more books or something to explain this becuase its really confusing
[close]

VETTE ANTHOLOGY FILM WHEN

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #747 on: December 21, 2019, 05:53:57 am »
God the more I think about it and read about it the less I like the movie.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #748 on: December 21, 2019, 10:33:28 pm »
Spoiler
just saw it. I would say it was better than the other 2 but it’s not like that’s saying a lot

I actually liked rey in this one and I’m pretty sure it’s just because I think daisy Ridley is attractive. Dislike pretty much all the other characters still

Chewys “death” was really dumb.

I would rate it like a 6/10
[close]
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 10:36:52 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wódka jest fajna
« Reply #749 on: December 22, 2019, 04:05:15 pm »
shit trilogy, it’s sad