Author Topic: [RGL3] Main Thread  (Read 133467 times)

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 3)
« Reply #300 on: August 04, 2016, 05:43:40 pm »
At all, if Double regging Is good or not, you wouldnt be able to realise your plan. We have 14 Regiments with each Let's take the minimum 15 participating Members. Makes 210 Members, Where you Would have to Check. If you Want to do that, much fun with that. Attending at 2 RGL-Regiments: Definitely no, being at a RGL-Reg and another: clearly yes. The Morale aspect Is up to the Players or leaders at all, not to any League.
Have there Been Problems with that at any NWL? As far As I Know not.
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 04, 2016, 06:08:10 pm »
Okaj Munjit disallowe double regging of any kind apparently even inviting is double regging ... now prove it. While you can prove double regging for 2 regiments in RGL you can't prove rest.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
  • Steam name: [63e] Munj
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Cpt_Munj
« Reply #302 on: August 04, 2016, 07:55:16 pm »
Okaj Munjit disallowe double regging of any kind apparently even inviting is double regging ... now prove it. While you can prove double regging for 2 regiments in RGL you can't prove rest.

Not entirely sure what you mean by this. It isn't really coherent English...

At all, if Double regging Is good or not, you wouldnt be able to realise your plan. We have 14 Regiments with each Let's take the minimum 15 participating Members. Makes 210 Members, Where you Would have to Check. If you Want to do that, much fun with that. Attending at 2 RGL-Regiments: Definitely no, being at a RGL-Reg and another: clearly yes. The Morale aspect Is up to the Players or leaders at all, not to any League.
Have there Been Problems with that at any NWL? As far As I Know not.

My plan is the opposite of what you're suggesting (or at least what I think you're suggesting, again it isn't very coherent). I specifically said that it isn't practical or possible to have a proper record of every members' attendance and to do so would be a pointless idea anyway, all I'm saying is that double regging shouldn't be permitted for the reasons which I've stated previously.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 04, 2016, 08:36:53 pm »

It's pretty simple you can't prove double regging unless it's for two regiments in RGL.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 04, 2016, 11:48:49 pm »

It's pretty simple you can't prove double regging unless it's for two regiments in RGL.

As was stated earlier in this discussion, to suggest that a regiment leader would be unaware that one of their members is double regging is unrealistic and if a regiment leader isn't responsible enough to ensure that all of their members competing in the RGL are clean of any sort of double regging (assuming that this rule were to be implemented) then frankly they should be penalised for it.

Besides, I think this topic is exhausted now, let's leave the decision up to the organisers.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 05, 2016, 12:31:05 am »
Who against Who: 63e vs Spartans
Date: 14/8/16 (Sunday)
Time: 7PM
Referee (If chosen): Don't mind

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #306 on: August 05, 2016, 02:12:48 am »
Who against who: 72nd vs 44th
Date: 11/07/16
Time: 7pm
Ref: DarkTemplar

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 05, 2016, 11:24:22 am »
suggest that a regiment leader would be unaware that one of their members is double regging is unrealistic
It's realistic can be done pretty easily.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season
« Reply #308 on: August 05, 2016, 11:40:12 am »
suggest that a regiment leader would be unaware that one of their members is double regging is unrealistic

Not really, you'd have to be fairly incompetent not to find out (regiments which currently don't allow double regging manage to enforce the rule fine so I don't see why other regiments can't). Besides if the rule was implemented double reggers or people considering it would be more likely not to bother going ahead with it, due to the fact that they would be excluded from playing in the RGL. Anyways srsly I'm done with this topic, points have been exhausted. If you want to continue it speak to me on steam.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:42:17 am by Munj »

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 05, 2016, 12:02:20 pm »

Not really, you'd have to be fairly incompetent not to find out (regiments which currently don't allow double regging manage to enforce the rule fine so I don't see why other regiments can't). Besides if the rule was implemented double reggers or people considering it would be more likely not to bother going ahead with it, due to the fact that they would be excluded from playing in the RGL. Anyways srsly I'm done with this topic, points have been exhausted. If you want to continue it speak to me on steam.
You join one regiment that doesn't allows double regging and join another and ask leader to help you be unrevealed so you use different nick name, don't join steamgroup and you are offline on steam when you play. So I guess it's not that easy for regiment leaders. Well what would be point of discussing it in private since non of us have any power to make changes to RGL rules, let's present arguments here so RGL organizers can make a decision. This here is useful arguing while in private would be 100% useless, unless of course you just want to prove a point, so I'm guessing you since you suggested to speak on steam.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 05, 2016, 12:10:18 pm »

You join one regiment that doesn't allows double regging and join another and ask leader to help you be unrevealed so you use different nick name, don't join steamgroup and you are offline on steam when you play. So I guess it's not that easy for regiment leaders. Well what would be point of discussing it in private since non of us have any power to make changes to RGL rules, let's present arguments here so RGL organizers can make a decision. This here is useful arguing while in private would be 100% useless, unless of course you just want to prove a point, so I'm guessing you since you suggested to speak on steam.

With all due respect, take the 63e as an example. The EU side has an average of 40-50 active members (I.e. The average attendance we get per event). Yet in all the time that I have been in the reg we have never let a double regger get past us, simply because we are vigilant and have an organised system. Also with regards to your suggestion, someone can do what you're suggesting but it's more effort for them than us and ultimately rules or laws in anything will be broken but the amount of effort one has to go through when a rule makes something illegal, compared to the effort one puts in if the action is legal, acts as a deterrent from double regging as it is.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 12:59:18 pm by Munj »

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 05, 2016, 12:23:44 pm »

With all due respect, take the 63e as an example. The EU side has an average of 40-50 active members (I.e. The average attendance we get per event). Yet in all the time that I have been in the reg we have never let a double regger get past us, simply because we are vigilant and have an organised system. Also with regards to you suggestion, someone can do what you're suggesting but it's more effort for them than us and ultimately rules or laws in anything will be broken but the amount of effort one has to go through when a rule makes something illegal, compared to the effort one puts in if the action is legal, acts as a deterrent from double regging as it is.
You know only when you catch a double regger not when he gets away with it. So how would you or anyone else know how good are 63e and even all the regiments in league that disallow double regging at enforcing that rule. Since you claim you know how well they do at it tell me which regiments disallow double regging in this league? And even if you know 63e and those regiments you are talking about are really good at it not all regiments are so succesful, some might know they have double reggers and won't care. And what does effort of double regger to stay unrevealed has anything to do with what we are talking about. I'm saying this rule can't be executed properly so it shouldn't be there at all.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 05, 2016, 12:42:42 pm »

With all due respect, take the 63e as an example. The EU side has an average of 40-50 active members (I.e. The average attendance we get per event). Yet in all the time that I have been in the reg we have never let a double regger get past us, simply because we are vigilant and have an organised system. Also with regards to you suggestion, someone can do what you're suggesting but it's more effort for them than us and ultimately rules or laws in anything will be broken but the amount of effort one has to go through when a rule makes something illegal, compared to the effort one puts in if the action is legal, acts as a deterrent from double regging as it is.
You know only when you catch a double regger not when he gets away with it. So how would you or anyone else know how good are 63e and even all the regiments in league that disallow double regging at enforcing that rule. Since you claim you know how well they do at it tell me which regiments disallow double regging in this league? And even if you know 63e and those regiments you are talking about are really good at it not all regiments are so succesful, some might know they have double reggers and won't care. And what does effort of double regger to stay unrevealed has anything to do with what we are talking about. I'm saying this rule can't be executed properly so it shouldn't be there at all.

Your whole argument therefore manifests on the concept that if a rule/law can't be enforced fully then it shouldn't be implemented at all. By that logic all rules/laws shouldn't even be an entity. For example, countries introduce harsh laws against narcotics trafficking, distribution and use, in order to try and prohibit the prevailence of narcotics in society. Criminals always find a way to 'stay unrevealed' and continue distributing and trafficking narcotics, at the end of the day, the government of that country can't find out about and imprison every single criminal involved, it would be virtually impossible. Does this mean we should remove all narcotic prohibition laws simply because a few people are able to get away with it? In the same way, should we not implement a rule, that would prohibit unfair practice (I.e. Double regging) simply because a minority of individuals may still be able to go unnoticed? Your logic is flawed.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 12:58:36 pm by Munj »

Offline Wolfster

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 44th best th
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #313 on: August 05, 2016, 03:10:50 pm »
Ah si my friends... Out of 8 months, there has only been one person sneaky enough to double reg whilst with the 44th. His name being Acid... Other than that, we have not had a double regger nor do we allow double regging... If you need double reggers for your attendance; then recruit like all the other normal regiments <3 ly all bye bye

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 05, 2016, 03:37:02 pm »
Spoiler

Your whole argument therefore manifests on the concept that if a rule/law can't be enforced fully then it shouldn't be implemented at all. By that logic all rules/laws shouldn't even be an entity. For example, countries introduce harsh laws against narcotics trafficking, distribution and use, in order to try and prohibit the prevailence of narcotics in society. Criminals always find a way to 'stay unrevealed' and continue distributing and trafficking narcotics, at the end of the day, the government of that country can't find out about and imprison every single criminal involved, it would be virtually impossible. Does this mean we should remove all narcotic prohibition laws simply because a few people are able to get away with it? In the same way, should we not implement a rule, that would prohibit unfair practice (I.e. Double regging) simply because a minority of individuals may still be able to go unnoticed? Your logic is flawed.
[close]
Because narcotics is comparable to double regging right? You compare playing game with different groups of people to crime that causes death and collapse of families. It's a game, we don't earn money for playing this game so we play it for fun. And there is nothing wrong with double regging if both regiments are aware of it and allow it unless they are both in RGL.