Author Topic: [RGL3] Main Thread  (Read 134034 times)

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 3)
« Reply #285 on: August 03, 2016, 08:58:53 am »
We have a couple here as SoH i.e Reserve who are SoH for competitive e.g Hypno, but mostly this is only  a handful of people, rest of SoH being people who can't play very often or just only play comp with us and don't have another reg. If it's an issue it would only affect a very small minority in our case so whatever suits.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
  • Steam name: [63e] Munj
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Cpt_Munj
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #286 on: August 03, 2016, 12:49:57 pm »
I think it's about time that one of the organisers officially addressed this, rather than us carry on debating it on this thread, at the end of the day, it's their decision so they should rule on way or another as quickly as possible, before to many matches are played where this is relevant.

Offline Moussolini

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 03, 2016, 03:10:10 pm »
Who against Who: 66Pp vs 63e
Date: 10-08-16
Time: 7gmt
Referee (If chosen): Don't mind
got that
Who against Who: 66Pp vs 63e
Date: 10-08-16
Time: 7gmt
Referee (If chosen): Don't mind

I can probs do it if it's alright with dem kiddos.
i do it lol

You can both do it if you want. One of you can type 'r?' and the other one can say 'go' ;)

Kek didn't see fritten post that, he can ref it then.

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doublebread´s husband basically.
« Reply #288 on: August 03, 2016, 07:57:55 pm »
NP you are both welcome

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #289 on: August 03, 2016, 10:45:00 pm »
begs its just made simple, if you actively attend another regiment that is also a LINE regiment and you play events in it then you cant play RGL. How hard is it to grasp that if you are in RGL you are an ACTIVE member of that regiment and you attend more than just their competitive matches, this is meant to be a league to show the regiments melee skill not the players who only show for comps or are in the regiment just to play comps. I mean if 2 regiments agree to both use 'Reserves, Double reggers, Players who only come for comp' then thats not an issue as you are both still even grounds BUT if 1 leader disagrees then its simple, dont use them. Every regiment here has enough players to bring that are active members to their reg, even if you only bring 15 thats still 15 of YOUR regiments guys who play in all your events and thats the players the competition is meant to be testing, not billy from the netherlands who 'doesnt like regular events but will come if its RGL'.

Basically if you need to use part timers just to win an RGL match then boys your squad is weak #LegDay

Offline Wolfster

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 44th best th
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 03, 2016, 10:48:08 pm »
We have a couple here as SoH i.e Reserve who are SoH for competitive e.g Hypno, but mostly this is only  a handful of people, rest of SoH being people who can't play very often or just only play comp with us and don't have another reg. If it's an issue it would only affect a very small minority in our case so whatever suits.
Lol Hypno is in the 59th <3

Offline Chieef

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Corporate Lawyer in the City of London.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 03, 2016, 10:52:17 pm »
Lol Hypno is in the 59th <3

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Board Moderator
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #292 on: August 03, 2016, 11:06:49 pm »
Spoiler
begs its just made simple, if you actively attend another regiment that is also a LINE regiment and you play events in it then you cant play RGL. How hard is it to grasp that if you are in RGL you are an ACTIVE member of that regiment and you attend more than just their competitive matches, this is meant to be a league to show the regiments melee skill not the players who only show for comps or are in the regiment just to play comps. I mean if 2 regiments agree to both use 'Reserves, Double reggers, Players who only come for comp' then thats not an issue as you are both still even grounds BUT if 1 leader disagrees then its simple, dont use them. Every regiment here has enough players to bring that are active members to their reg, even if you only bring 15 thats still 15 of YOUR regiments guys who play in all your events and thats the players the competition is meant to be testing, not billy from the netherlands who 'doesnt like regular events but will come if its RGL'.

Basically if you need to use part timers just to win an RGL match then boys your squad is weak #LegDay
[close]

but I barely show up for non-comp events in 77y hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, am I banned now
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 03, 2016, 11:07:04 pm »

Exactly especially when Billy is OP af.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 04, 2016, 07:46:53 am »

Dont use Reserves and double reggers in the same sentence its two completely different phenomenons. If ppl decide they only want to participate at competetive events for their reg then they should obviously be allowed to do so.

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #295 on: August 04, 2016, 11:12:34 am »
Quote from: Carolusrex
Dont use Reserves and double reggers in the same sentence its two completely different phenomenons.
I don't think they are 'phenomenons' lol. I never claimed they were the same thing anyway, I claimed that it's the same principle. If we can't run on basic principles then why do we bother

Offline GovernerPancake

• Second Lieutenant
  • Pancakes <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 04, 2016, 11:23:54 am »
This comes back to the point I said earlier. I don't get why people can't be in a competitive and a non-competitive regiment? They do completely different events and they have a different atmosphere. People complain about regiments that have good players from non-competitive regiments and use them just because that regiment allows that sort of double regging and others don't.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 04, 2016, 11:46:40 am »
Quote from: Carolusrex
Dont use Reserves and double reggers in the same sentence its two completely different phenomenons.
I don't think they are 'phenomenons' lol. I never claimed they were the same thing anyway, I claimed that it's the same principle. If we can't run on basic principles then why do we bother

Reserves, in most reputable regiments, is a rank that is assigned to members who started off being active in that regiment but due to real life events (E.g. A shift reshuffle at work) are unable to attend as frequently. Therefore we cannot penalise a reserve in a regiment who decides that the one or two events which they are able to physically make in a week are competitive ones because ultimately they don't have the liberty of being able to attend regularly.

This comes back to the point I said earlier. I don't get why people can't be in a competitive and a non-competitive regiment? They do completely different events and they have a different atmosphere. People complain about regiments that have good players from non-competitive regiments and use them just because that regiment allows that sort of double regging and others don't.

Double regging on the other hand is inexcusable. In this case double reggers are evidently active enough in the game to keep up with activity in more than one regiment however they have chosen to only go to competitive events in one regiment and spend the rest of their time in other more casual regiments. So unlike the reserves they have the choice to be an active part of the competitive regiments' community and have turned it down for another regiment. This essentially makes them long-term, somewhat loyal invites, who you can call on and will be happy to come to competitive matches.

That is the difference in the fundamental nature of a double regger and a reserve and is the reason why they shouldn't be compared.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 11:56:51 am by Munj »

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 04, 2016, 04:15:18 pm »
I don't understand what is difference between someone who attend only RGL in his only regiment and someone who attends only RGL for one regiment and attends events in more relaxed and fun regiment. Why do I have to listen to some sweatytryhard inbred Price voice entire week so just that I can attend RGL?

Double regging on the other hand is inexcusable. In this case double reggers are evidently active enough in the game to keep up with activity in more than one regiment however they have chosen to only go to competitive events in one regiment and spend the rest of their time in other more casual regiments. So unlike the reserves they have the choice to be an active part of the competitive regiments' community and have turned it down for another regiment.
Let's take Kore for example he could attend all 77y events but he only attends RGL. So that's kinda falls fam both have choice.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:20:07 pm by McPero »

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 04, 2016, 04:47:59 pm »
I don't understand what is difference between someone who attend only RGL in his only regiment and someone who attends only RGL for one regiment and attends events in more relaxed and fun regiment. Why do I have to listen to some sweatytryhard inbred Price voice entire week so just that I can attend RGL?

I cba to rewrite what I've already written in a more simplistic way which you'll be able to grasp (no offence is meant here, I'm just saying I laid the differences out quite clearly).

Double regging on the other hand is inexcusable. In this case double reggers are evidently active enough in the game to keep up with activity in more than one regiment however they have chosen to only go to competitive events in one regiment and spend the rest of their time in other more casual regiments. So unlike the reserves they have the choice to be an active part of the competitive regiments' community and have turned it down for another regiment.
Let's take Kore for example he could attend all 77y events but he only attends RGL. So that's kinda falls fam both have choice.

In terms of your example, obviously nobody solidly can say that they know the current status of activity of every player who participates in the RGL. However that sort of information should be with the regiment leader of the respective players of their regiment.  In the example you have given, if Kore only shows up to competitive events for the 77y but doesn't play NW for any other regiments during the rest of the week then he is still committing solely to the regiment he is part of and as long as Gaz is happy with that commitment then no one has the right to challenge it. On the other hand, if Kore only attends 77y competitive events and then goes of and invites or joins other regiments for the rest of the week then he is, by definition, double regging. In the initial scenario, Kore is only playing for the 77y, however he limits his play to a minimal event schedule each week (perhaps he is bored of the game or other reasons etc...), this shows that he regards the 77y as his only regiment and solely represents them, which is the same as someone who can only run on a minimal event schedule due to work, for example. In the second scenario however, Kore would have made the decision to favour one regiment over another (I.e. The one which he attends the casual events) and essentially is using the 77y as a way of still being able to 'dip in' to the competitive scene. Therefore he is isn't representing the 77y or their skill as he isn't really part of the regiment.

And yes you could argue that people who can only attend a minimal number of events a week due to work or other real life reasons, aren't representing their regiment either, but at the end of the day we have to be fair. There is a difference between someone physically not being able to attend many events (so they only attend the most important ones, i.e. competitive events) and someone who blatantly has the time to full participate in more than the competitive aspects of a regiment but chooses to find other regiments to play with (what does that say about their commitment, loyalty and the extent to which they represent their regiment?). Also from a purely practical point of view, it is much easier to address the matter by simply prohibiting players who double reg from participating in the league, rather than assessing every single players' activity in their respective regiments, in order to find which players aren't 'commiting' or 'fully representing' or being a part of that regiment.

Btw I'm just trying to show you with the example you've given, I'm not in any way accusing Kore of doing any of these things ofc.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 05:03:30 pm by Munj »