Author Topic: The Fighting Pit - 3v3 Tournament | 1st. MC_WICKED | 2nd. Trinity | 3rd. NGE  (Read 16711 times)

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Fighting Pit - 3v3 Tournament [32/32]
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2020, 01:17:20 am »
the hidden brackets thing was surpisingly wholesome tbh, i like being surprised
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2020, 01:33:57 am »

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 02, 2020, 02:12:41 am »
The first nice comment I've seen dayboul make in the last 2 years, well done tardet and fwuffy.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #183 on: May 02, 2020, 02:40:02 am »
The first nice comment I've seen dayboul make in the last 2 years, well done tardet and fwuffy.
Things like that are part of the reasons I still care for this game to be honest.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
its the first time i had a good reason to make one
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
thanks for the kind words tardet  :-*

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
+
GOOD admining
quick
no match fixing because hidden brackets until knockouts (though i dont trust some admins with not sharing the challonge link)
little toxicity

Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
@Melsyo

Only the two hots had access to the brackets. We purposely kept it hidden from the refs to avoid them potentially dropping it to their friends. I know some refs got a bit pissed at us cause we didn't let them know much in advance but I can assure you that nobody outside of Fwuffy and myself had access to it. The idea was to have the two of us on a different server, 4 groups on each server, one ref per group (so that a match from each group could happen at all time) and Fwuffy/I announcing each match in admin chat while asking a ref to take them in private admin chat.

As I mentioned it in my wrap-up post, sticking to our idea despite the difficulties made it a micro-management hell as Fwuffy and I both had to ref our own arena, call other matches on top of our own, make sure a ref was present for all of them, keep track of all scores at all time but we were prepared for that and that's precisely why we didn't play. In order to avoid match-fixing/throwing, we could only come up with that solution of hiding the brackets for all and for it to work, the two of us had to be fully dedicated to the tournament management. All of this got sort of thrown out of the window when three out of our six referees went missing due to the 2v2 LB being excessively delayed yet we still tried to work this out and looking back at it, I am happy with how we handled it. 5 years ago, I hosted a large international duel tournament and was unable to come up with a proper solution when the map was bugged, leading to the event cancellation.

The fact I was alongside Fwuffy yesterday but also personally matured as a host made it possible to carry on with the tournament but I insist that people who wish to replicate such a system acknowledge the level of dedication it takes. I don't say that to stroke my ego, I just want to be fully transparent on what our experience as hosts was like.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
@Melsyo

Only the two hots had access to the brackets. We purposely kept it hidden from the refs to avoid them potentially dropping it to their friends. I know some refs got a bit pissed at us cause we didn't let them know much in advance but I can assure you that nobody outside of Fwuffy and myself had access to it. The idea was to have the two of us on a different server, 4 groups on each server, one ref per group (so that a match from each group could happen at all time) and Fwuffy/I announcing each match in admin chat while asking a ref to take them in private admin chat.

As I mentioned it in my wrap-up post, sticking to our idea despite the difficulties made it a micro-management hell as Fwuffy and I both had to ref our own arena, call other matches on top of our own, make sure a ref was present for all of them, keep track of all scores at all time but we were prepared for that and that's precisely why we didn't play. In order to avoid match-fixing/throwing, we could only come up with that solution of hiding the brackets for all and for it to work, the two of us had to be fully dedicated to the tournament management. All of this got sort of thrown out of the window when three out of our six referees went missing due to the 2v2 LB being excessively delayed yet we still tried to work this out and looking back at it, I am happy with how we handled it. 5 years ago, I hosted a large international duel tournament and was unable to come up with a proper solution when the map was bugged, leading to the event cancellation.

The fact I was alongside Fwuffy yesterday but also personally matured as a host made it possible to carry on with the tournament but I insist that people who wish to replicate such a system acknowledge the level of dedication it takes. I don't say that to stroke my ego, I just want to be fully transparent on what our experience as hosts was like.

ah ok then i retract my statement :)
Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man