Author Topic: Bugs / Issues  (Read 32396 times)

Offline DarthTaco

• Major
  • Modding merc at your service!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Bugs / Issues
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2015, 06:47:43 am »
While the lack of riflemen is indeed depressing, it's a development decision catered to the masses. The masses being Line Infantry. It's not a "simulator" so to speak, and even if people want to see riflemen they're in a minority compared to the masses of line infantrymen that don't. it's natural for the larger vote to get their way, and at this stage in the mod that's the best choice. Perhaps it's a topic to bring up for another time, but give it a few months and see how everything pans out. People play the mod to be line, having even eight riflemen able to pick apart their line is just going to ruin their fun, best to keep it to muskets now and play our cards as the game goes on.

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2015, 07:34:13 am »
It seems when I create a character it doesn't save. I figured it was because I had to many characters, so I deleted some and once I launched the game to play again after the deletions return and my character doesnt exist.
Hell, really? I created a new character for WaT tags and that saved. I blame Viking Conquest or something.. This happens if I edit a character or rebind my weapon scroll up key too, everytime resetting to up arrow when I did not have my mouse ONE time.. dammit I hate that.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2015, 11:01:17 am »
The kilt for the officer on the British side become invisible from a far.
On the militia, the hat becomes invisible from a far.
It's a common issue with uniforms in mods,not exactly sure what causes the engine to stop rendering certain bits of clothing though.
Ladies and gentlemen, let me present to you: The person who knows nothing about modding!

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2015, 11:41:44 am »
Hey now, it's okay not to know about modding as a player. LODs I am sure many a regular player do not know about.
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2015, 12:30:14 pm »

Black Cannons, with no texture beside the barrel.
Spoiler
[close]

All you need it is the texture, it's fine for everyone I think :s maybe.

Black cannons for me too

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2015, 12:57:32 pm »

Black Cannons, with no texture beside the barrel.
Spoiler
[close]

All you need it is the texture, it's fine for everyone I think :s maybe.

Black cannons for me too

Same 4 me.

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2015, 01:39:25 pm »
It seems when I create a character it doesn't save. I figured it was because I had to many characters, so I deleted some and once I launched the game to play again after the deletions return and my character doesnt exist.
Hell, really? I created a new character for WaT tags and that saved. I blame Viking Conquest or something.. This happens if I edit a character or rebind my weapon scroll up key too, everytime resetting to up arrow when I did not have my mouse ONE time.. dammit I hate that.

and people blamed North and South for that problem...
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2015, 03:12:08 pm »
The new character thing works for me. Have you got windows 10? / Have you closed the game then reopened to see if he's still there? / played in a public server with that character then closed the game? / deleted and reinstalled the mod? try all these  ???

Offline PolarBeats

• Sergeant Major
  • To tyrants never yield.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Emperor PolarBeats II of the 1stGBE
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2015, 07:25:13 pm »
The new character thing works for me. Have you got windows 10? / Have you closed the game then reopened to see if he's still there? / played in a public server with that character then closed the game? / deleted and reinstalled the mod? try all these  ???

No I do not own Windows 10 yet / Closing and reopening the game is how I found this issue / Played the game and closed it (again how I found the issue) / and I am installing the Moddb version currently.. perhaps the new mirror will result in some fixes like the cannon texture as well as character creation
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 07:55:39 pm by PolarBeats »

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2015, 07:28:42 pm »

and people blamed North and South for that problem...
I had the issue IN North and South before this mod  :P

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2015, 08:34:36 pm »
British Faction: 42nd (Royal Highland) Regiment of Foot: Officer kilt is missing from far away
American Faction: Militia Regiment: The red beanie is missing from far away
Checking on this now..

Officer kilt was missing two LODs for the kilt itself.
The liberty cap LODs will be fixed. Disappears very far away range.

Thank you for the report.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 01:31:54 am by usnavy30 »

Offline PolarBeats

• Sergeant Major
  • To tyrants never yield.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Emperor PolarBeats II of the 1stGBE
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2015, 08:37:41 pm »

No I do not own Windows 10 yet / Closing and reopening the game is how I found this issue / Played the game and closed it (again how I found the issue) / and I am installing the Moddb version currently.. perhaps the new mirror will result in some fixes like the cannon texture as well as character creation

It didnt fix the character creation

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2015, 08:38:49 pm »

It didnt fix the character creation

no idea

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2015, 08:42:25 pm »
Making a new character for the mod should fix the issue, should. I swear, this started happening after a Warband update..

currently.. perhaps the new mirror will result in some fixes like the cannon texture as well as character creation
I just tested how to fix the specific textures' issue and it seems setting HDR mode to Low in-game Options fixes the static black textures. So that is the fix for now (again Warband update did something..)

Setting Low HDR on in Options will enable the new shader as well. Which looks quite nice I'd say.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 09:05:48 pm by usnavy30 »

Offline Stark99

• Major
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/groups/allagainst63econspiracy#
  • Nick: [3DM] Stark [79th]
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2015, 01:09:33 am »
cannons all black on wheels same with limber area on arty horse

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Stark. For being a supporter of the IRA I will not permit you to take part in any forum games I GM.
DOWN WITH DUURING