Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 527422 times)

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #3900 on: June 21, 2018, 04:02:39 pm »
If you’re referencing German imperialism in the 20th century then you can’t disregard someone talking about British imperialism.

British people accusing a country of imperialist policies. Ha.
Brtish imperialism in the past has nothing to do with german imperialism in PRESENT times. UK seems to be going more for old USA seclusion with brexit. So a nice 'humorous' remark but pretty invalid.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3901 on: June 21, 2018, 04:06:01 pm »
Yeah and Steven, the person who was bringing up that mentioned 1914 and 1939....

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: June 21, 2018, 04:27:59 pm »
Yeah and Steven, the person who was bringing up that mentioned 1914 and 1939....
He was comparing Germany in 1871-1945 to present Germany and I never saw him claiming UK at the time wasn't imperialist, which it was just had different methods, UK had smaller army than Belgium prior to 1914, they achived domination through diplomacy mostly. So saying: 'stop complaining about german imperialism when your country (UK) was imperialist in 20th century' is pretty pointless.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 04:30:34 pm by McPero »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: June 21, 2018, 04:35:49 pm »
Why are you bringing up random facts? Because they had a smaller army and achieved some parts of their empire through diplomacy it doesn’t make them imperialist? All duuring was doing was pointing out the irony.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: June 21, 2018, 05:18:10 pm »
Why are you bringing up random facts? Because they had a smaller army and achieved some parts of their empire through diplomacy it doesn’t make them imperialist? All duuring was doing was pointing out the irony.

He was comparing Germany in 1871-1945 to present Germany and I never saw him claiming UK at the time wasn't imperialist, which IT WAS just had different methods, UK had smaller army than Belgium prior to 1914, they achived domination through diplomacy mostly. So saying: 'stop complaining about german imperialism when your country (UK) was imperialist in 20th century' is pretty pointless.
Facts were pretty random though. But please pay more attention when you are reading.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: June 21, 2018, 05:25:46 pm »
You literally edited it.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: June 21, 2018, 05:40:42 pm »
You literally edited it.
5 minutes before you replied yes. I think I added the last part. Or corrected a typo don't remember.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: June 21, 2018, 05:49:15 pm »
You literally edited it.
5 minutes before you replied yes. I think I added the last part. Or corrected a typo don't remember.
No you changed the bit which I was replying to, after I began typing my
Reply...

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3908 on: June 21, 2018, 06:08:42 pm »
Funny how you say that but have nothing against my point. You actually think this is comparable to Nazism is insane. You could say that he’s talking about Imperialism but Germany isn’t trying to create an empire. The mentality in Germany in 1939 was one of racism and global domination. It’s a poor comparison which was the only point I was making (I actually agree that they’re kind of being arseholes based on the point you’ve made) but Being selfish is a different beast than starting a god damn world war. Some Brits love to criticise Germany for continually taking with contribution but that’s what the UK has been moaning about for a while.

And William you quoted that but didn’t say anything back to my point against you since you enjoy locking kids in cages and watching your country fall apart a little bit more every day.

Gordo and William struggle to have conversations outside of circle jerking so they resort chatting shite instead.

Steven's already argued (rather successfully) against your point like five times, why would I now need to?

"You actually think this is comparable to Nazism is insane."

Don't put words in my mouth. Nazism was never the main point of discussion here - more the toxic German mentality that led to both the first world world, the Third Reich, and now the EU.

You could say that he’s talking about Imperialism but Germany isn’t trying to create an empire.

empire (ĕmˈpīrˌ)
n. A political unit having an extensive territory or comprising a number of territories or nations and ruled by a single supreme authority.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: June 21, 2018, 06:14:32 pm »
What’s successful? The fact that he compared a peaceful nation to one building an empire? Are you implying that Germany is going to start another world war? Hardly similar mentality is it? They’re not trying to wrest democracy away from all other countries. Sure you can argue for the definition of imperialism being extending power by various means but if Germany fit that then so does the UK, US, Russia and basically any major nation on Earth.

The EU is not solely controlled by the Germans so that would counter the empire definition. Sure they have a lot of influence but so do France and the UK before Brexit.

The single supreme authority would apply a lack of democracy, which the EU is not. You could argue the whole Brussels controlling everything think but the same could be argued for Westminster etc.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: June 21, 2018, 07:10:03 pm »
The EU is very much controlled by Germany, which was always inevitable after the fall of the Berlin Wall. There's a reason why Cameron spent more time negotiating with Berlin than Brussels in the build up to the referendum, and why the Obama-Merkel relationship was so close. Brussels used to be run via the 'Franco-German motor', with Germany as the senior partner. For the best part of two decades however France has been in relative decline vs Germany and the latter now dictates EU policy.

There are few countries on Earth that extract wealth from foreign populations via some form of political control. Germany is one of them.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: June 21, 2018, 07:50:27 pm »
You literally edited it.
No you changed the bit which I was replying to, after I began typing my
Reply...
lol no.

The EU is very much controlled by Germany, which was always inevitable after the fall of the Berlin Wall. There's a reason why Cameron spent more time negotiating with Berlin than Brussels in the build up to the referendum, and why the Obama-Merkel relationship was so close. Brussels used to be run via the 'Franco-German motor', with Germany as the senior partner. For the best part of two decades however France has been in relative decline vs Germany and the latter now dictates EU policy.

There are few countries on Earth that extract wealth from foreign populations via some form of political control. Germany is one of them.
French goverment is pretty retarded, they are policing Africa and getting almost nothing out of it. Idk what they are doing with their country.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #3912 on: June 21, 2018, 08:48:31 pm »
Obviously I agree that it’s poor for Germany to prioritise themselves over other European states, but to compare that to Nazism is far fetched at best and stupid at worst. Being a dick isn’t the same as invading countries and slaughtering millions.

Snowflake.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: June 21, 2018, 10:14:38 pm »
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/the-jihadi-training-camp-right-in-the-heart-of-london-a3249941.html

Nothing to see here
Can't wait for EU internet law thing, when there will be no such news left on interent, disgusting fake news. Protecc me EU censorship.