Poll

Are you happy with the current state of the CR?

Yes, very much!
Yes, though I remain skeptical of the idea
Yes, and I would prefer to have changes to the role
I'm indifferent or have not yet made up my mind
No, though I do not mind
No, I do not like this role

Author Topic: Opening Discussion Thread (with Poll)  (Read 40564 times)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Opening Discussion Thread (with Poll)
« Reply #255 on: March 10, 2017, 01:27:23 pm »
The only ways the mods could possibly edit a poll outcome is by means so fucking obvious that it'd be impossible to get away with it. An example is deleting accounts, which would, as I said, be completely obvious.

There is a vast difference between thinking that you know how many people voted for you, for example because people said so in a conversation, and those same people actually doing something when actually voting.

And, as said, EU can vote in NA elections and so can NA with EU. I vote on the NA elections as a CR because it is some way that I can have a say in who I want to be working with.

That is for me, personally, a very good reason why I'd not want the votes to be public. That, and Nicky described it perfectly.

One thing I can tell you is that votes for this election can't be made public, and won't in the coming ones.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
« Reply #256 on: March 10, 2017, 10:56:26 pm »
I felt that I should make some kind of closing statement since this was the last time I will likely run. This has been, by far, the worst election yet. Nicky, you're completely right and this is part of the reason why I don't think that I am cut out for CR. I have never been one to try and filter myself, I say what I mean. I only edited my comment because it didn't portray what I really meant to say since it painted Orc as the bad guy for having Karth vote for him. At that point however the damage was done and there is nothing I can do about that. Some have said that I am a "community leader" of sorts (other people's words, not my own) and there are many who really wanted me to get elected this term more so than any other election. I no longer believe that my place in this community is involved with Community Rep. I believe my best work can be accomplished by acting as a community activist (jesus fucking christ, this sounds so stupid) in an attempt to extend the lifetime that this game has left. Everything I wanted to do as CR, I will still try and do. My focus from now on will be to help the 63e boycott, working on NANWL, attempting to create fresh and interesting events that the community will enjoy and to help newer regiments stay alive in the hostile environment that is recruiting on NW.

In addition, this election has been more divisive than ever before and yes, that was partially my fault due to criticisms I have of Orcaryo and others just as they have their own just criticisms of me. However given the circumstances of the community, I don't believe that divisiveness is how we are going to keep this community alive. I give my sincerest apologies to Orcaryo, BabyJ, Nicky and others. I no longer believe that a Community Rep is necessary since it seems that every election just creates further divide and discontent in the community. I'm not just saying that because I lost (everytime lol) but because of this election in particular. I found out some awful information near the end which I will not release to public as it will only create further divide and discontent. Due to what I just said, I would like everyone who backed me in the election to support Orcaryo for this term.

As a final request to Orcaryo, please...make this your last term. A lot of people don't want to see the same person elected to CR every election and it would be nice to have some fresh ideas for CR. I respect your determination but there becomes a point where this no longer becomes about helping the community. Instead it will seem more and more like you're only in it for the title. Just some friendly advice to you bud. I hope you'll help me and Ap0c with the boycott ;)

- Gluk The Walrus,
NANWL Moderator & Community Activist

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 11, 2017, 09:02:51 am »

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 11, 2017, 09:45:53 am »
Who is the crybaby bravescot? I made a serious post, I told people to support orc and i said it will be the last time i run but no, you decide to post a shit tier meme.

I'm not angry that I lost, i'm angry at the events surrounding this election of which you likely know nothing about.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 09:49:06 am by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 11, 2017, 11:03:44 am »
You're getting your pants in a twist over a position that has lost any of its meaning. Only 3 people bothered for NA election (with you being the only one pushing super hard for election with your strong anti-63e policies). Riddlez has won the EU election twice because nobody runs against because it's meaningless.

On a side note: I am fully up to speed with the 63e matter and current events. Thought I might be on hiyatus from playing due to being overseas I am keeping with current events.

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2017, 03:15:22 pm »

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 11, 2017, 09:47:53 pm »
You're getting your pants in a twist over a position that has lost any of its meaning. Only 3 people bothered for NA election (with you being the only one pushing super hard for election with your strong anti-63e policies). Riddlez has won the EU election twice because nobody runs against because it's meaningless.

On a side note: I am fully up to speed with the 63e matter and current events. Thought I might be on hiyatus from playing due to being overseas I am keeping with current events.
Once again, you likely know nothing about the events surrounding this election as only me and a select few others know and as far as I am aware, you are not one of them. If you thought the position was meaningless, why did you vote? Why are you posting here?

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2017, 10:08:49 pm »
I support you Walrus.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #263 on: March 11, 2017, 10:27:12 pm »
You must understand it is hard to believe you when you say only you and a select few know the truth about this election and you choose not to share it...

Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 11, 2017, 10:37:31 pm »
You must understand it is hard to believe you when you say only you and a select few know the truth about this election and you choose not to share it...
I literally just told you via PM. If you go back to my post, it should make more sense Riddlez -_-

I found out some awful information near the end which I will not release to public as it will only create further divide and discontent.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 11, 2017, 10:39:47 pm »
Reveal the information, you know you want to?

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 11, 2017, 11:21:08 pm »
i swear if i get asked by someone running to vote for them one more time...
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline NickyJ

• Major General
  • The Twilight Zone
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LIR_Lieut_NickyJ
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #267 on: March 11, 2017, 11:30:59 pm »
Can I ask you to vote for me since I'm not running?

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #268 on: March 12, 2017, 12:07:09 am »
Can I ask you to vote for me since I'm not running?

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #269 on: March 12, 2017, 12:12:50 am »
I literally just told you via PM. If you go back to my post, it should make more sense Riddlez -_-

I found out some awful information near the end which I will not release to public as it will only create further divide and discontent.
ooo boi let me see that info
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time