Author Topic: Second Election (May-June term) - Candidates and Discussion - election is over  (Read 24071 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
    As the first term is ending, it's time we have the second election. You can post your candidacy here.

As of now, I'm sticking with the old system and therefor I'd like people to still write down whether they are EU or NA. We're having a vote over in the Voting Booth on whether this system should be changed.

Candidate Format:

Spoiler
Name:
EU or NA?:
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? :
Why should you become CR? :
[close]

Candidates:

• EU
    Norwegian
    EU or NA?: EU
    Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes, I am aware.
    Why should you become CR?: I have been in the community for a while now (~1 year), and I daily browse the forums aswell as I actively play the game, so I feel like I could say that I know the European community rather well. I have time on my hands, and I am willing to devote that time to helping this forum out. I'll try to interact with the community as much as possible, should I get elected as the next community representative.
    [close]

StevenChilton
    Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes
    -Generally do what Junedragon did, he was pretty good
    [close]

Fwuffy
    EU or NA? : EU
    Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Aye.
    Why should you become CR? : For pretty much the same reasons I ran last time - I'm an active community and forum member, in addition to being able to carry out the moderation part of the job. Elaboration available upon request.
    [close]

Yorkshire Pudding
    Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes I understand and I am aware

Why should you become CR?:
    I am an active community member. I am on the forums daily checking up all aspects of the community. As most people know I am active daily on the game and I do try to get involved in the community as much as possible. I believe most of the EU community know who I am and recognise that I am a friendly face and that I have no quarrels with any member of the community.

I know some members aren't always happy with how the forums are ran and I would like to be an impartial representative on the forums, someone who can be approached to help improve the forums through any means necessary. However due to me being impartial I will be honest and also point out when community members are in the wrong however I would like to do it in a non-aggressive impartial way.

I may not have as much FSE experience as the other candidates however I believe this is a good thing. I see things from a different perspective and could bring new light on situations. I can also claim to have extreme amounts of experience of when it comes to administration whether it comes to my personal game development projects or keeping the 63e EU side as efficient as possible.

I want to be a major part of this community if you guys would let me be your representative I would be sure to make you proud :)
    [close]

Michael Fish

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : I am.

Why should you become CR? : Being a member of the NW community for well over 3 years now, it is one i have come to enjoy and love despite it's many flaws. I have a significant amount of experience with community management, managing multiple medium size regiments, as well as being the Chief Community Officer in Enigma Gaming before the founder closed it down. From these experiences i have gained very strong interpersonal skills that allow me to work professionally with all forms of people, from those i like to those i wholeheartedly detest and  ensuring a positive outcome. These skills would translate well to the role, allowing me to work with all personalities across the forums to achieve the goals that the community itself wants, not just the vocal minority.

In addition, after hosting a regular Friday event for over a year, giving birth to a large scale community tournament and admining a multitude of other tournaments i have demonstrated involvement in the community, while this is not recent (due to the fact i had to step away from NW for personal reasons) i will certainly be rekindling that involvement in the coming weeks. This experience has also given me good knowledge of both the competitive and non competitive EU communities that would assist greatly in attempting to further facilitate them within the community

If you have any questions about me or my candidacy, do not hesitate to contact me on steam
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/MichaelFish/
    [close]

Gokiller

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and connfidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes ofcourse.

I’ve been part of the NW/MM community for more than 5 years. More importantly the majority of that time I’ve been actively around with the competitive scene of the community having over +5000h on Warband. In that time I’ve seen the various sides of the community. Been with various different groups including the biggest regiments of the community and met a lot of people. So I know my way around and know how things go. Been an official admin on the NW EU servers and Teamspeak for a couple of years until the point where the servers became inactive. In my run as admin I’ve never had a serious complaint about the way I did things. Judging from that I do believe I did my work right and therefore have my good share of experience dealing with people in this community.

All in all, I've always been available to whoever required help in the community, made plenty of efforts to help the community in whatever way possible. And I'm still in for it hence my candidacy for the CR position.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask me. You can always contact me by sending me a PM or by getting in contact with me on Steam.
    [close]
  • NA

William (CluelessWill
    EU or NA?: NA
    Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : I am aware and understand the responsibilities I'll be taking on if elected.
    Why should you become CR? : I've been a part of this community for a long time whether it be through good times or through bad. I've witnessed countless members come and go but through it all I've decided to stay. I would like to transfer my unbiased opinion to the moderating team and help to make the forums a safer place and help keep it fun, relaxed, and overall a great place to write and share your opinions. I've seen far too many go because of toxicity and unfriendliness and I would like to change that, or at the very least, do my best to stop it.
    [close]

Grimsight
    Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes
    - I'll actually represent the community and their wishes rather than act like a new moderator
    - I'll stop whatever echo-chamber circle-jerky shite is going on in the mod discussions
    [close]

Dan the Chef
    Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes

"Make FSE great again!"

Recently, I have noticed that there has been general discontent in the community. I will try to help the community to get back to the fun-loving, jovial attitude of the past. I want to have the community to become closer and go back to the time when no one was at each other's throats. Using my experience in both the NW and PW communities, hopefully I can help the community out. If anyone has a problem, question, or concern, they can talk to me and hopefully be able to find what they were looking for. As such, I would like to weekly meetings with a group of representatives. These representatives would give ideas and general feedback about changes and the feeling of the community. Overall, I would like to continue the practices of Junedragon.
    [close]

Babyjesus
    EU or NA?: Na
    Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? :Sure
    Why should you become CR? : I have the best plans. My plans are great. These other guys make bad plans. I make good plans. I make great plans. What we need to do is build a wall. This wall will be huge. Absolutely huge. I can get rid of the lines between the community and the moderation team. These mods, they dont know what they are doing. Karth is the worst mod in the history of FSE. Literally the worst. I cant think of a worst mod. I can make FSE great again.
    [close]

MackCW

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Of course

Why should you become CR? : I have been involved in the community since the beginning of the game release and have been a part of the community ever since. I have been an admin on NA1 and other servers since 2012. During that time, I fostered not only close relationships with people in the community but have also been able to get to know the people at FSE pretty well. I feel I can be relied on to not only provide valuable input on community matters as it relates to all regiments and groups on the NA side.
    [close]

[/list]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 12:52:12 am by Thunderstormer »

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Second Election (May-June term) - Candidates and Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 11:33:58 am »
What did the CRs do this term?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 11:38:10 am »
They were active in the discussion regarding the new Rulesset, the ban list and several individual (un)bans.

I would like to see a little more activity/self-initiative, but I'm not unhappy about the project.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 11:48:25 am »
The Community Representative should do more of what is implied in the job title (and also laid out in its description), which is representing the community and being more involved. I am perfectly fine with these forum rule updates, bans dealt etc, as that all belongs to the moderation part of the job, however there should be more activity as the Community Representative isn't just another admin of the forums, he's "someone who is active in the community and Regimental 'world' of the game [who] will help us in making this a better forum." I must say I was somewhat disappointed with Mekkil's run and office, which I at first didn't even know what to think about and if it was a serious affair. Then he supposedly started doing some behind the scenes work, which is all fine and I 100% support that. As I pointed out though, there was basically 0% community involvement from him and that is just a pure shame. I don't even know what I'm trying to ask or say with this message, I guess a clear up of whether this post should be renamed or have its description changed, or is my vision here completely wrong - even though Duuring really did say what he did about being active in community and regimental affairs.

Apologies for my just-woke-up English.

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 12:32:27 pm »
I'm with Fwuffy. They did a good job on getting people banned and stuff but the main aim of their job is in the title and I feel that the CRs of this term failed to act as Representatives for the community and instead acted more as junior moderators this term.

I hope that the next set of elections will produce some pro-active CRs.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 12:40:37 pm »
I think June started off good with the weekly updates and the discussions but it feels like he just disappeared.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 01:23:53 pm »
I'm with Fwuffy. They did a good job on getting people banned and stuff but the main aim of their job is in the title and I feel that the CRs of this term failed to act as Representatives for the community and instead acted more as junior moderators this term.

Thanks for summarising what I was trying to say in my huge-ass paragraph.

Duuring, can we get an official statement on what will be done to clarify the situation - so the next CRs will do their jobs the way we expected initially?

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 01:38:46 pm »

Duuring, can we get an official statement on what will be done to clarify the situation - so the next CRs will do their jobs the way we expected initially?
vote for fwuffy if you want things to get done
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 01:43:13 pm »

vote for fwuffy if you want things to get done
I'll get BabyJesus and Dazzer to run my campaign, what could go wrong? ::)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 01:46:11 pm »
Vote fwuffy or I'll ban you irl

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 01:46:28 pm »
I'll get BabyJesus and Dazzer to run my campaign, what could go wrong? ::)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 02:23:30 pm »
I can't force people to do their job properly. It's up to the community to put these people forward.

Norwegian13

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 04:25:52 pm »
I must say I agree with Fwuffy - the former representatives didn't do much of a job. Good job to them on working on the ruleset and the bans, but I certaintly hope the next Community Representatives will interact more with the community.

Anywho, I'll put my candidacy forward for European Community Representative. Good luck to everyone else running, and let's hope that whoever gets elected to the post this time does a good job. Also, will the voter group open again so that new voters may register and vote in this next election?

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 06:08:50 pm »
Vote Marks oh oh me me vote me me!

I vote Islam

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2016, 06:20:23 pm »
I must say I agree with Fwuffy - the former representatives didn't do much of a job. Good job to them on working on the ruleset and the bans, but I certaintly hope the next Community Representatives will interact more with the community.

Anywho, I'll put my candidacy forward for European Community Representative. Good luck to everyone else running, and let's hope that whoever gets elected to the post this time does a good job. Also, will the voter group open again so that new voters may register and vote in this next election?

Yes. I've also removed people from the group who have not been active since a month.