The Lounge > Off Topic

Need help with Steam Guard authenticator

(1/2) > >>

Skaen:
Yo

My phone actually doesn't work anymore. Was listening some music yesterday night and it all worked fine and I locked it cause I went to sleep. I woke up today and my phone just doesn't work anymore. Doesn't even charge either. Now my question is, is it possible to have the authenticator from steam guard move over on an other phone without accessing it on my current phone? Cause I can't go on it obviously to get rid of it. And I obviously don't want to lose this steam acc.

BlitzkriegMBNW:

--- Quote from: Axuss on February 03, 2023, 12:26:01 pm ---Yo

My phone actually doesn't work anymore. Was listening some music yesterday night and it all worked fine and I locked it cause I went to sleep. I woke up today and my phone just doesn't work anymore. Doesn't even charge either. Now my question is, is it possible to have the authenticator from steam guard move over on an other phone without accessing it on my current phone? Cause I can't go on it obviously to get rid of it. And I obviously don't want to lose this steam acc.

--- End quote ---
yeah youll just need your password and itll be fine, i recently changed my phone and it worked.

Skaen:
So I don't have to put in a steam guard code showing on my current phone for logging into a new phone? That would be awesome.

Chainsor:
if i remember correctly it works with the phone number and not the phone itself. But i can be wrong on this one since idk if Blitz only just got a new phone and kept his number

Skaen:

--- Quote from: Chainsor on February 03, 2023, 12:44:21 pm ---if i remember correctly it works with the phone number and not the phone itself. But i can be wrong on this one since idk if Blitz only just got a new phone and kept his number

--- End quote ---
Yeah I'm also keeping my exact same sim card with my number as well. Just the phone itself will be different. Never gonna buy an iPhone again. Always had some troubles with it really.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version