Author Topic: 63ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne [9 Years and Going!]  (Read 112657 times)

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 63ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne [6 Years and Going!]
« Reply #780 on: December 05, 2018, 03:26:21 pm »
We have not only revolutionized linebattles and the way they were played

I would really debate that point with you. If anything, the 2ndQF-12th/3eVolt had more of an influence on how linebattles were conducted in 2012 and it spread to the rest of the community.

|Viper|

« Reply #781 on: December 05, 2018, 03:43:34 pm »
NW is dead

NW has been dead friend. You can see it when the likes of Vetro, NickCole, RussianFury, Risk, etc. (all you NW folk) start posting on the Holdfast boards again lol
Well I mean it is a public website.. can’t we post there too?

Offline Zen

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • 63e Regiment Official Website
« Reply #782 on: December 05, 2018, 10:47:23 pm »

I would really debate that point with you. If anything, the 2ndQF-12th/3eVolt had more of an influence on how linebattles were conducted in 2012 and it spread to the rest of the community.

Around that time was when there were extremely unbalanced events and biased admins. Stacked teams, unfair maps, and admins that would only slay for the opposing teams' offenses. Everyone was aware of it and tbh regiments were getting a bit tired of it. 63e offered more balanced events and fair admining which is why we still have some of the same regiments attending our events.

I'm not taking away any other regiments who contributed but that is what I am referring to when I state "we have not only revolutionized linebattles and the way they were played."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 10:56:10 pm by Zen »

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 06, 2018, 02:03:13 am »

Around that time was when there were extremely unbalanced events and biased admins. Stacked teams, unfair maps, and admins that would only slay for the opposing teams' offenses. Everyone was aware of it and tbh regiments were getting a bit tired of it. 63e offered more balanced events and fair admining which is why we still have some of the same regiments attending our events.

I'm not taking away any other regiments who contributed but that is what I am referring to when I state "we have not only revolutionized linebattles and the way they were played."

Understood, but that still takes away from Hugonaut and Millander's Classical Linebattles (Infantry Only events) from 2012-13. They literally were doing the exact same thing and were as unbiased as they come.

Offline Zen

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 06, 2018, 03:45:09 am »

Understood, but that still takes away from Hugonaut and Millander's Classical Linebattles (Infantry Only events) from 2012-13. They literally were doing the exact same thing and were as unbiased as they come.

How does that take away from them? There were far more regiments with biased practices than not. We attended a lot of those events, very few were balanced and unbiased. Karth created events specifically addressing those issues with custom maps as well. The 59th on the EU side began to do this as well.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 06, 2018, 12:31:59 pm »
The word "revolutionized" makes it sound like the 63e was the first to offer events such as this so yes, it does take away from them. The 63e deserves a lot of the credit for 2014-onward where their events and server helped sustain the community much further than what many expected. However, again, you're forgetting a lot of history from 2012-13 including the time when 63e was on hiatus and Karth wasn't around.

Offline Zen

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 06, 2018, 11:13:00 pm »
The word "revolutionized" makes it sound like the 63e was the first to offer events such as this so yes, it does take away from them. The 63e deserves a lot of the credit for 2014-onward where their events and server helped sustain the community much further than what many expected. However, again, you're forgetting a lot of history from 2012-13 including the time when 63e was on hiatus and Karth wasn't around.

In regards to what I mentioned, our events were created out of need, hence we were the first to host those type of events specifically addressing those issues. No one else was doing it at the time from my experience participating in linebattle events, and you must have your history messed up because Karth was here during 2012-2013.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #787 on: December 07, 2018, 01:31:44 am »
Do you guys remember when all the good players from the 71st joined the 63e and they still couldn’t win NWL? LMAO
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:34:28 am by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 07, 2018, 01:36:36 am »

In regards to what I mentioned, our events were created out of need, hence we were the first to host those type of events specifically addressing those issues. No one else was doing it at the time from my experience participating in linebattle events, and you must have your history messed up because Karth was here during 2012-2013.

You guys weren't active for some of 2012 and for months in 2013. I should know because there wasn't a 63e to linebattle when I led the 9y. Quite a few of your guys joined us during this time.

Offline Zen

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 07, 2018, 04:31:36 am »

You guys weren't active for some of 2012 and for months in 2013. I should know because there wasn't a 63e to linebattle when I led the 9y. Quite a few of your guys joined us during this time.

That must have been during Diplex leadership, not Karth. Once Karth took over the 63e was active on both NA and EU. Karth officially commanded the regiment from Sept. 2012.

We eventually began hosting our own events and it benefited and spread throughout the community. We are still hosting the same events till this day. TILL THIS DAY. lol
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 04:39:35 am by Zen »

Offline Thompson

• Sergeant
  • The South will Rise again. Thompson Best VA.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Thompson
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #790 on: December 07, 2018, 04:55:28 am »
I can't believe you guys will blame the death of NW on the 63e. The 63e isn't a corporation that just dropped in on your "native land." This isn't McDonalds. We built up just like everyone else. I remember when we had our first fifty man line battle. The 63e probably gave me the best gaming experience in my life and I still talk to the same people to this day. The 63e gave so many good memories to so many good people and people just grow up. When everyone left to join the new meta regiment full of veterans every now and then, the 63e was always there as a good friend, so when that regiment fell apart, the 63e always took you back. I might not be active, but damn I always know the 63e would take me back in the heartbeat because they are a good community with good people and they are administratively superior to any other regiment and you can quote me on that.

I am a troll, for the resons of reforming a nation wide union of. I enjoy long walks on the beach, and long sex with your mothers. I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want. But I will find you, and I will troll you.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 07, 2018, 05:59:47 am »
I can't believe you guys will blame the death of NW on the 63e.

who said that?

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #792 on: December 07, 2018, 06:08:46 am »
The 63e are legit like the Australian community
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Thompson

• Sergeant
  • The South will Rise again. Thompson Best VA.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Thompson
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #793 on: December 07, 2018, 02:01:28 pm »
I can't believe you guys will blame the death of NW on the 63e.

who said that?

If 63e is dead then NW is dead

I am a troll, for the resons of reforming a nation wide union of. I enjoy long walks on the beach, and long sex with your mothers. I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want. But I will find you, and I will troll you.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #794 on: December 07, 2018, 08:31:46 pm »
lol