Author Topic: Anymore Factions?  (Read 25107 times)

Offline Captain_Ageati

• Corporal
  • Kosovo je Srbija!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ageati
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Anymore Factions?
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2014, 08:58:06 pm »
We all know *puts on red beret and picks up accordian* that Serbia of course, won the war by itself without help from filthy weaklings like Britain and France and should therefore be the only faction. Iron Europe should just be Serbia and the rest of the world.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
  • One realm, one God, one King!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2014, 09:00:39 pm »
Sir, please, stop drinking rakia before an event, I'm not shooting allied Austrian regiments again...

Offline asagek

• Sergeant
  • A glorious death is his who for his country falls.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Timo
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2014, 10:08:26 pm »
We all know *puts on red beret and picks up accordian* that Serbia of course, won the war by itself without help from filthy weaklings like Britain and France and should therefore be the only faction. Iron Europe should just be Serbia and the rest of the world.

Spoiler
[close]
Wy You So Rascist Against Serbia?!
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
No, I would recommend removing a faction to reduce the lag. I would suggest removing France.
[close]

Offline Ioan Cojocaru

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2014, 08:16:39 am »

Spoiler
[close]
Well...Serbia isn't a Race its a country and if he is talking crap about Serbians it still wouldn't be Racist because Serbian isn't a Race its a nationality Edit: there is a word for bias towards Nationalities but idk what it is
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:32:09 am by Ioan Cojocaru »
Vivé lé Roumanie

Offline Ioan Cojocaru

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2014, 08:20:45 am »
Nations like Serbia, Belgium, Canada, Australia, Bulgaria, USA, Japan (if someone even thought about it) South-Africa, Romania should just be used as units in the major factions. It's a waste to create entire factions for them.
I would be fine with units from Romania all tho idk any countries that used Romanian infrantry besides Austria-Hungary from Transylvania
Vivé lé Roumanie

Offline Ioan Cojocaru

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2014, 08:26:51 am »
Why does Nobody say they want Romania in this mod :( they were a quite Important nation in ww1
Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4[/youtube]
Spoiler
Just joking pls don't hurt me
[close]
[close]
Well Technically every country was important in WW1 (expect for the Usa because they act like they were the whole reason ww1 was a Entente Victory)
Vivé lé Roumanie

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2014, 08:48:17 am »
Why does Nobody say they want Romania in this mod :( they were a quite Important nation in ww1
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
Well Technically every country was important in WW1 (expect for the Usa because they act like they were the whole reason ww1 was a Entente Victory)
Yes, many Americans are so ignorant that they believe the US won the war single handedly but that doesn't negate the fact that the US was incredibly important to the Entente's victory.

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2014, 10:12:12 am »

Spoiler
[close]
The reason people make fun of Serbia is because there are very nationalistic people from Serbia on here and it is just fun to troll them.

Offline Ioan Cojocaru

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2014, 10:24:31 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
Yes, many Americans are so ignorant that they believe the US won the war single handedly but that doesn't negate the fact that the US was incredibly important to the Entente's victory.
Im not saying they didn't help they did supple France And Uk with Supples and some manpower but they didn't really have in the wars Like The ww1 military deaths show that the usa made only 2% unlike European nations even The minor ones like Romania serbia made atleast 14% of the deaths.
Vivé lé Roumanie

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2014, 10:30:58 am »
Death count is not sign of victory, sign of victory is won battles and defeated enemies. And Romania dont do something significant, they joined war in 1916 and were destroyed for a less then 4 month.

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2014, 12:25:49 pm »
Death count is not sign of victory, sign of victory is won battles and defeated enemies. And Romania dont do something significant, they joined war in 1916 and were destroyed for a less then 4 month.

that is wrong. How many times do we have to tell that, every country was important. Even if Romania was destroyed, why you believe that french and british sent many troops to help them, and Serbia?

because they caused (specialy for serbians) so many losses to Austria and Bulgaria that forced Germany to send troops. Every german Soldier on Eastern front was one which was not in France.

So they were important, on a different scale.

that is why the comment you did about Britain, without UK France would be crushed. That is so true and so stupid in the same time. Without Austria, Germany would also has been fuckd hard. Without a French victory, Britain would has been isolated on Europe against a strongest germany

Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Americans only count because they sent many many men. They were effectives on 1918's begining, not before. Germany was already weak.

plus, USA were a poor military power, without modern war experience (Civil war was an old war type did with modern weapons), with a  small professional army, not well equiped. French and British gave a ton of military material to USA, and they had to train them also.

But for every american battalion we have, we can switch it on the frontline with veteran and experienced units, and we can use those units everywhere else on the front, for an attack or something else. Because the americans were more a big human tank for us than a big power. And what was one of the big the problem of Germany? No more men to replace the casualities.

So they played a role, but honestly we can't say they helped more in the victory than other nations that helped us to divide triplice troops. they were "decisives" and that's why they are appart.

But Americans were not considered as good soldiers, as germans were not considered good soldiers during the 1800's (things changed after 1870). It's all modern era vision: Muricans best etc..
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 12:31:41 pm by Nardu »

Offline DanyEle

• Board Moderator
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2014, 12:39:31 pm »
Read the topic's name: it says "Anymore Factions?" . This is no place to discuss which country played the biggest role in the war. There's another section in these forums called "Historical Discussion" . I'd suggest that you open a new topic there and discuss it in a more appropriate place.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2014, 12:46:13 pm »
If the discussion is what faction is added next, then talking about the importance of a country's contribution to the war is important. Not that what is said on this thread will really affect the team's decision on which to work on next, but this is on topic so it can't hurt.

@Nardu
I never said that the US made the greatest contribution. I'm simply stating that it is silly to say that the US did not play and important role in the war. Regardless of how well the they actually fought, the sheer anount of men and industrial power that the US brought to the war was a major factor in ending the war. If you look at statistics, it's really impossible to argue this. Unless if you create another strawman and argue against a point I never made.

Offline Nico

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jones
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2014, 01:12:54 pm »
I atleast hope Belgium comes out,

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo