Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 93444 times)

Offline BNS Marko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Force 2
  • Nick: BNS Marko
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #195 on: March 30, 2014, 10:27:41 am »
Can't you just wait, or do you just love surrendering instead of actually playing?

He must be French  ;)

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2014, 05:11:12 pm »
This surrender thing is spamming the suggestion thread. The guy/girl is an obvious troll... If they were a real modder then why doesn't he or she go away and create a ww1 mod for MaB and make it better with all the animations he/she wants... Ignore people like that as replying more than once in anger is what they want.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 31, 2014, 02:52:42 am »
Obviously since the keys have been rebinded P is now fix bayonets, it is not so easy to have a surrender animation. Which is more useful for a roleplaying PW mod than a WW1 mod. Even if soldiers did surrender the animation is low priority and that's the Dev Team's choice so quit the whining over it and if you think it's so simple try adding it back to the module yourself.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
« Reply #198 on: March 31, 2014, 03:16:54 am »
I don't think he's trolling. When were beta testing the mod, having no surrender animation came up in quit a few discussions. It was a missed feature, but it's too late. Devs decision to put it in or not now. It would have been nice for RP purposes in events, and could of had some cool rules going with it, but it's gone. Just move on, people.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #199 on: March 31, 2014, 05:40:39 pm »
Well, I wouldn't say the animation is completely out of the picture, I'm sure Danyele is trying his best to find out another way, aside from all the work we pile on him.
The first modder for NW.

Offline Randall

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2014, 02:07:05 am »
I've often said that this mod is like a RnL for WW1, it's the individual features that add to the fun, having more individual features is always good and adds to the fun so having a surrender button would be useful and probably be really good for some game modes and such, but people should realise this mod isn't a final release and a lot's still in the process of being improved, if people want this mod to become what they want it to be they should stop refusing to play over silly things like a surrender option and help keep the mod going so it can fulfil itself through the Developers' work and their suggestions.

Offline Cacha

• Private
  • War of 1812 Mod ~ Sound Manager
    • View Profile
  • Nick: AndreCachsson
« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2014, 06:12:15 pm »
Will the bots be worked on so that they fire?

Offline hardcorefreestyleboy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Yes the name is supposed to be RAINBOWLIKE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GERRY
« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2014, 09:32:20 am »
I suggest bicycles  :D
They were actually quite common on the french side while moving between the supply- and the frontlines. Especially around Verdun!
Gerry is butiful!!!

Offline TheHunted0

• First Lieutenant
  • 15thYR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TheHunted
« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2014, 05:17:57 pm »
They were actually quite common on the french side while moving between the supply- and the frontlines. Especially around Verdun!

#TheNewTypeOfCavOnBicycles
 8)

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #204 on: June 08, 2014, 05:46:25 pm »

It took 21 Frenchmen to ride one bike?

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 08, 2014, 08:10:27 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

It took 21 Frenchmen to ride one bike?

Above: French Cavalry Wedge Formation
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 31, 2014, 08:05:20 pm »
Just come back form a giant 4 day ww1 conference with much of it aimed at weapons during ww1. A few things I would like to suggest (if you people are still making new stuff and obviously this stuff isn't as important as main stuff you are making but I like to say) is a few new weapons and tweaks to old weapons. Some of these are very radical and probably can't be preformed but I will write them down anyway.

1. The artillery of ww1 was very advanced as it had a recoil suppressor (the bit below the barrel) which was a big big BIG advancement and what every country strives to perfect. This meant that even the heavy howitzers to even the smallest field guns could fire at high rate without having to adjust the aim as it stayed perfectly where it was. I was wondering if you could simulate this by having firing and aiming different abilities on artillery. This way we could suppress the enemy without losing our perfect aim every time we want to fire the weapon. Also would increase fire rate as the french field gun arty would fire incredibly fast.

2. If adding gas make sure to add it to the french mortars as they were famous for having gas shells with their trench mortar.

3. Balloons. Every country after 1915 were successfully using Balloons to scout ahead and see over the enemies trench.

4. Pigeons or other animals. Despite incredible chaos on the battle field 95% of messenger pigeons actually made it to their target. I was wondering if you could make a system where you type a message and it sends it privately to someone else on the battle field. Like admin chat but a PM. This might be impossible though. Also bring back horses so we can move field guns as this was very much used throughout the whole war.

5. The German MG was actually used by one man walking forward with it through a trench like the french do with theirs in the game. This was made clear with a lot of pictures and footage shown to us.

6. Off map artillery? Okay! I know you are adding some sort of off map arty but I have been doing some experimenting of my own. It is possible in an assault map to have a spawn point off the map very very far away. The problem I had with this though is once you leave the playable map you bullets and arty shots can't leave the space you are on and go into the main map (so as soon as they leave the arty they vanish and never come back) is there a way to change this? If so it is very possible to have a flag way way off to map with some off map arty with the players firing it and someone of the field phone telling them if they are doing well or not.

7. Explosive as well as shrapnel for arty so we can take out the barb wire like they did with field guns.

Okay that is all for now. Some are obviously way to crazy but just some ideas I picked up from listening tot the leading minds on ww1 warfare for the last 4 days. If you have any more suggests or need any notes form the conference just ask.

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 06, 2014, 09:04:44 pm »
It would be nice if the Artillery and HMG units could have "Operator", it could have just a pistol or a rifle. Sometimes the battlefield is full of useless mortar shells, HMGs and ammo boxes.

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2014, 06:34:20 pm »
SEPOYS SEPOYS SEPOYS
~With subclasses for Sergeant.

Offline Chapston

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 78th_Pte_John_Watson
« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2014, 05:51:32 pm »
Really under powered cavalry. Just for the sake of ill fated charges.

Spoiler

Austrailian light horse for raddeo's workshop
[close]

EDIT: Just read the FAQ
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 03:32:07 pm by Chapston »