Author Topic: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!  (Read 106489 times)

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!
« Reply #405 on: June 20, 2013, 12:54:17 pm »
Hello,

Just one thing I noticed, while being here, since I got my India Pattern Brown Bess, the standard Musket used in the British Army at the time, I've never been able to unsee the fact that the Bayonet on the British Brown bess ingame is wrong.  It was just on the right, horizontal I guess is a decent word.  Basically right in the middle On the right side of the barrel.  Otherwise, you guys did a great job with the musket and it looks perfect.  Pretty much just like mine.  That is the only thing about your game that bugs me.  Don't get me wrong, you guys have an awesome game, I just love History so... Yeah, I'm a pain in the ass about it.  I don't know if the other ones are off either,  but every Napoleonic Brown Bess I've ever seen, including my own, has had it in the position I describe.  I'm just being nit picky because I am, and if it is something you can't fix or would just rather put the time to other projects I understand,  there is plenty of other stuff you guys could be doing.  When I do re-enactments in your game I like it to be precise is all.

Thank you for your time,
                                      Tom

agreed

Offline Aegal

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 27, 2013, 09:14:37 pm »
Can you at least keep your FSE servers updated to even test. Thanks I guess.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
« Reply #407 on: June 27, 2013, 09:16:41 pm »
Can you at least keep your FSE servers updated to even test. Thanks I guess.

That's an extremely melancholy way to ask...

Offline Aegal

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 27, 2013, 09:18:20 pm »
There was no question mark, so asking is out of the question.

;)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 28, 2013, 11:13:15 am »

Ugh, Listen, I hope EVERYONE CAN READ ENGLISH. What I am saying is, unless you have fucking 0.1 IQ you can EASILY take out 10 people without any problem whatsoever. What kind of moron runs straight at the enemy? All you have to do is run behind people when they are in melee or have fired a shot and stab them in the back, and even if the enemy turns around and tries to stab you, they wont make it because the lance is way longer, and YES that is the only damn arguement I need. It is not "shit" it is the truth. If you are in melee you cant just run away because then the lancer can just run you down and the other people close to you will kill you. Lancers are OP, easy as that, and if you wont realize it then I feel sorry for you guys! Having the lancers drop their lance once switching to sword is atleast something that should be done for sure.

You can replace the word 'lancer' with hussar in the entire text. I find it much harder to run away from a sabre-armed cavarlyman then a lancer, because lancers have only one way of attacking. Block down and you are pretty much safe. If the couch you can easily avoid the attack. Sabres have different swings, and more importantly, you are still in sabre's reach if you are bumped (and thus lose your block). If a lancer does that you are already 'under' the lance.

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
« Reply #410 on: June 28, 2013, 12:06:52 pm »

Ugh, Listen, I hope EVERYONE CAN READ ENGLISH. What I am saying is, unless you have fucking 0.1 IQ you can EASILY take out 10 people without any problem whatsoever. What kind of moron runs straight at the enemy? All you have to do is run behind people when they are in melee or have fired a shot and stab them in the back, and even if the enemy turns around and tries to stab you, they wont make it because the lance is way longer, and YES that is the only damn arguement I need. It is not "shit" it is the truth. If you are in melee you cant just run away because then the lancer can just run you down and the other people close to you will kill you. Lancers are OP, easy as that, and if you wont realize it then I feel sorry for you guys! Having the lancers drop their lance once switching to sword is atleast something that should be done for sure.

You can replace the word 'lancer' with hussar in the entire text. I find it much harder to run away from a sabre-armed cavarlyman then a lancer, because lancers have only one way of attacking. Block down and you are pretty much safe. If the couch you can easily avoid the attack. Sabres have different swings, and more importantly, you are still in sabre's reach if you are bumped (and thus lose your block). If a lancer does that you are already 'under' the lance.

Hussars are way easier to kill though because they dont have a 3 metre long lance to hit you with. Just stab them once and they are dead. If the Hussar is a good player just feint one or two times and he will fall for it most times. This cant be used on lancer, unless, and I say again, the lancer has an IQ below 40. If you first are bumped then you deserve to die!
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Japan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Japan
« Reply #411 on: June 28, 2013, 01:14:54 pm »

Hussars are way easier to kill though because they dont have a 3 metre long lance to hit you with. Just stab them once and they are dead. If the Hussar is a good player just feint one or two times and he will fall for it most times. This cant be used on lancer, unless, and I say again, the lancer has an IQ below 40. If you first are bumped then you deserve to die!

Lancers op. Obviously you never heard the 9y taking down 15 lancers down with four arty guards. Plus hussars don't like to attack straight up. They attack when you have your back turn.

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 28, 2013, 06:42:18 pm »
Well then, that says something about their opponents, now does it not.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Japan

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 28, 2013, 06:48:28 pm »
True the regiment of lancers are a little below average, but the thing that the artyguards did was block down and the lances where useless. When they tried to couche their lance they dodge by jumping or moving out of the way.

Offline Cooper

• Donator
  • Panzer on a horse.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cooper/Cuprum
« Reply #414 on: June 29, 2013, 12:52:38 am »
True the regiment of lancers are a little below average, but the thing that the artyguards did was block down and the lances where useless. When they tried to couche their lance they dodge by jumping or moving out of the way.

This example is, from my point of view, useless. We should talk about opponents who are equal in skill and ping.
What I'm trying to say with these words:
This lancers must be some hard noobs or they had the worst ping what I have ever seen.
Some reasons why lancers can easily beat inf: You can't block two lances (or some other weapons) from two different directions at the same time... Or you can't block a lance while you are being bumped by a horse.
Also the lance have a longer range than the ramrod or the bayonet, so the guards shouldn't able to make a proper attack.

Lancers are op. Against cavalry and against infantry as well.
If you see a lancer loosing against one of the other classes, so you can expect, that he and his enemy are not equal in skill or in ping. (Or he just failed in this moment  ;D )
Retired Clanleader, Cavalry, Student

Offline Japan

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 29, 2013, 12:58:45 am »
Spoiler

This example is, from my point of view, useless. We should talk about opponents who are equal in skill and ping.
What I'm trying to say with these words:
This lancers must be some hard noobs or they had the worst ping what I have ever seen.
Some reasons why lancers can easily beat inf: You can't block two lances (or some other weapons) from two different directions at the same time... Or you can't block a lance while you are being bumped by a horse.
Also the lance have a longer range than the ramrod or the bayonet, so the guards shouldn't able to make a proper attack.

Lancers are op. Against cavalry and against infantry as well.
If you see a lancer loosing against one of the other classes, so you can expect, that he and his enemy are not equal in skill or in ping. (Or he just failed in this moment  ;D )
[close]
I am guessing you over read the part that they are below average. The server was fine. Ping was fine. And I was part of the group(Also I am one the best cavalry in NA) There was literally nothing you could do in the situation besides couch(which was dangerous because bayonet out reaches lance during this stage) or pull out sword and bump them(which was also dangerous).You want to know how they won? Because they block down(also they are good at melee as well). They were not idiots trying to out reach a lance like must people do.

Offline Cooper

• Donator
  • Panzer on a horse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 29, 2013, 01:49:33 am »
As lancer you should have more chances to beat inf as with any other cavalry type.
I can't understand how you loose against them(and I'm not a noob..  ;D), because every men on the ground has a moment when he don't look on some of the riders.
Hmm, what now comes to my mind: What about just luck? I never heard of a situation like this before :)
Also, as I said before, with hussars or heavy cav, the situation won't be changed. From my point of view, this don't proof, that lancers are not op.

If you  send some equal skilled cavalry groups (one with lancers, one with any other type) against some infantry... eventually both groups will not survive this, but if they are all relative new players, who have 5 hours ingame  (or something), the lancers will have an easier job as the other cav. That is the power of the range.  :(

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 29, 2013, 09:51:33 am »
I think if you sent 4 skilled lancers in you could take out an entire regiment of 15 or more people, provided that the regiment of infantry has used its bullets because face it lancers wont do a head on charge.

Offline Cooper

• Donator
  • Panzer on a horse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 29, 2013, 11:46:55 am »
I think if you sent 4 skilled lancers in you could take out an entire regiment of 15 or more people, provided that the regiment of infantry has used its bullets because face it lancers wont do a head on charge.

Agreed  :)
This is another example for what I was  trying to explain.

Offline Tali

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 29, 2013, 03:31:49 pm »

The only scenario when this is plausible is if the infantry regiment is made up players who never played the game prior. It's laughable to think that such a scenario could happen under normal circumstances.