Author Topic: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!  (Read 106501 times)

Offline Hammerstout

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!
« Reply #390 on: June 12, 2013, 09:07:27 pm »
Any chance we can have barricades back? I miss training hours on end trying to get the perfect triangle.
Yes please.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
« Reply #391 on: June 12, 2013, 09:08:14 pm »
What barricades?  ???

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
« Reply #392 on: June 12, 2013, 09:22:50 pm »
Back when every skirmisher just carried a large chevaux de frise in his back pocket everywhere he went. Those were the days.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #393 on: June 12, 2013, 09:44:57 pm »
Oh, those. The Good ol' MM days.

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
« Reply #394 on: June 13, 2013, 10:09:21 am »
Any chance we can have barricades back? I miss training hours on end trying to get the perfect triangle.

Yes please  ;D

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #395 on: June 13, 2013, 04:19:38 pm »
If lancers are  "OP", what is so hard about just running out of the lances reach? What is so hard about just running infront of the horse and get bumped instead of lanced? Lancers are insanely easy to kill since they have a rather weak stat with the sword. Why not just shoot him? Why not hide behind an object? or better, leave it if he doesn't see you?

Waiting for the answers. I hope its not "Lance is too long" shit, because you can easily run away or what has been said above.

Thank God someone said it.

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #396 on: June 13, 2013, 05:43:37 pm »
I am considering, starting a "Ship's Company" for the new patch. It will be a interesting twist on the regimental system of the community. I hope to be seeing ship vs. ship battle's in the future :D. (If only you could drive the ship's ;)) But the patch looks great  :)

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 13, 2013, 05:44:19 pm »
I am considering, starting a "Ship's Company" for the new patch. It will be a interesting twist on the regimental system of the community. I hope to be seeing ship vs. ship battle's in the future :D. (If only you could drive the ship's ;)) But the patch looks great  :)

Well, you can't drive them ;). But they could make a boarding map though
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #398 on: June 13, 2013, 05:49:22 pm »
Yeah, I am considering "boarding battle" styled events, With sailors on the guns and marines dispatching boarding parties. Trying to take each others boats being the main goal. But we need a ship to go against, *cough* someone else make a ships company *cough*

Offline Heavy_Bob

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 14, 2013, 08:08:33 am »
Another fine victory to the dev team!

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #400 on: June 14, 2013, 07:11:07 pm »
You should add a "Royal Navy" and "French Navy" banners to the game :D

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 16, 2013, 02:32:44 pm »
You should add a "Royal Navy" and "French Navy" banners to the game :D

Lucky we don't have the French Royal navy in the game, as they used a completely white flag. That would have given some confusion.

Offline Mike_Oxhard

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 20, 2013, 05:23:01 am »
Hello,

Just one thing I noticed, while being here, since I got my India Pattern Brown Bess, the standard Musket used in the British Army at the time, I've never been able to unsee the fact that the Bayonet on the British Brown bess ingame is wrong.  It was just on the right, horizontal I guess is a decent word.  Basically right in the middle On the right side of the barrel.  Otherwise, you guys did a great job with the musket and it looks perfect.  Pretty much just like mine.  That is the only thing about your game that bugs me.  Don't get me wrong, you guys have an awesome game, I just love History so... Yeah, I'm a pain in the ass about it.  I don't know if the other ones are off either,  but every Napoleonic Brown Bess I've ever seen, including my own, has had it in the position I describe.  I'm just being nit picky because I am, and if it is something you can't fix or would just rather put the time to other projects I understand,  there is plenty of other stuff you guys could be doing.  When I do re-enactments in your game I like it to be precise is all.

Thank you for your time,
                                      Tom

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
« Reply #403 on: June 20, 2013, 12:33:51 pm »
If lancers are  "OP", what is so hard about just running out of the lances reach? What is so hard about just running infront of the horse and get bumped instead of lanced? Lancers are insanely easy to kill since they have a rather weak stat with the sword. Why not just shoot him? Why not hide behind an object? or better, leave it if he doesn't see you?

Waiting for the answers. I hope its not "Lance is too long" shit, because you can easily run away or what has been said above.

Ugh, Listen, I hope EVERYONE CAN READ ENGLISH. What I am saying is, unless you have fucking 0.1 IQ you can EASILY take out 10 people without any problem whatsoever. What kind of moron runs straight at the enemy? All you have to do is run behind people when they are in melee or have fired a shot and stab them in the back, and even if the enemy turns around and tries to stab you, they wont make it because the lance is way longer, and YES that is the only damn arguement I need. It is not "shit" it is the truth. If you are in melee you cant just run away because then the lancer can just run you down and the other people close to you will kill you. Lancers are OP, easy as that, and if you wont realize it then I feel sorry for you guys! Having the lancers drop their lance once switching to sword is atleast something that should be done for sure.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 12:35:23 pm by The Norseman »
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 20, 2013, 12:34:42 pm »
Spoiler

Ugh, Listen, I hope EVERYONE CAN READ ENGLISH. What I am saying is, unless you have fucking 0.1 IQ you can EASILY take out 10 people without any problem whatsoever. What kind of moron runs straight at the enemy? All you have to do is run behind people when they are in melee or have fired a shot and stab them in the back, and even if the enemy turns around and tries to stab you, they wont make it because the lance is way longer, and YES that is the only damn arguement I need. It is not "shit" it is the truth. If you are in melee you can just run away because then the lancer can just run you down and the other people close to you will kill you. Lancers are OP, easy as that, and if you wont realize it then I feel sorry for you guys!
[close]

Agreed
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"