Author Topic: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!  (Read 106488 times)

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy

Offline MazZ

• Second Lieutenant
  • MazZ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stCSG_RSM_MazZ
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!
« Reply #331 on: May 30, 2013, 03:18:07 pm »
I've got a brief suggestion too, Officers are really hard to identify in line battles. Could you maybe give their banner icon a golden halo? sort of like your soldiers in single player Warband?

Jup, that would be pretty handy indeed!
In the beginning of a many regiments vs many regiments linebattle, its allways like:

Soldiers: "hey commander where are you ?"
Commander replies: "I am over here"
Soldiers reply: "Where is here?"

Don't know how the devs can pull this off though.

Offline Matim

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Matim
« Reply #332 on: May 30, 2013, 05:01:55 pm »
Let's write some feedback then.
1. Magical hussar's back-stab while chasing cuirassier (Or any other cav), which kills immediately. Armour doesn't provide any protection.
2. Horse lag after dodging another horse, or any other object. C-Rpg devs are trying to do sth about that (I think)
3. Back to balance. I don't know, if you think that heavy cav is too awesome against inf, then maybe give moar speed bonus, or increase bayonet's dmg. We love cav balance as it was in 1.006
4. Lancers. If you think they are not OP, then don't change anything and see if any better cav regiment will want to play fair 1vs1's against them. My ideas are : only couched attack, drop after swiching weapon, medium horses, much slower stab, etc. choose whatever you want.
5. Bodies like in c-rpg. (Still an object, till touching ground). Would love that with horses.
Ah, and 6. Friendly bumping. It's totally unrealistic as it is now.

Spoiler
"We can't fulfil your wishes, cuz we would have to do some scripting. The game costs only 10$ and you shouldn't expect too much"
-Then don't ask about feedback again
[close]

@MazZ: Tell the officers to use another banner
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:29:43 pm by Matim »

Offline MASTERKILL666A

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 30, 2013, 08:25:35 pm »
Spoiler
I have a suggestion, it's not hard at all to make this happen.

In commander battle, when a player chooses to bring a company of artillery, he is accompanied by artillery guard artillerists. Now, I was wondering, and would like to suggest, is it possible to do the same thing for every other gamemode? There will be four options when choosing artillery...

Ranker: Ramrod, Cannon Lighter, Side-Sabre,
Guard: Musket, Ramrod,
Sergeant: Artillery Horse, Artillery Option, Cannon Lighter, Side-Sabre, also a suggestion to add a Ramrod,
Officer: Telescopic Sight, Cannon Lighter, Officer Sword.

Is this fairly easy to implement? If you can add Marines to two factions, you should be able to add an artillerist guard to the artillery for each faction as well.

I also like this idea.

I as well, I feel that guards would make it a lot easier in linebattles instead of having "arty guards" and I feel the artillery seargeant needs a ramrod.
Spoiler
Back right you can see a musket =)
[close]
[close]

I think It are a very good suggestions. As a Commander of an artillery-regiment I know, that it is very hard that the Arty Sargent has no reload. A ramload for the Arty Sergeant would make it easier to organize the troops at the moment. It would be epic if the Servant could pick the railroad from the cannon (there is still a ramload at the cannon). It would be epic if you have to clean the cannon after 15 shoots (then you need more men and you balance the advantage of the new ramload for the team). The guard would be epic. At the moment the Arty-Regs need to choose different troops for their guards. That works, but a own guard class would look better on the battlefield.
Inactive

Offline flyersfan314

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 31, 2013, 08:08:10 am »
If I update can I go back?

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 31, 2013, 08:20:18 am »
Steam or no steam?

Offline flyersfan314

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 31, 2013, 08:28:07 am »
steam

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 31, 2013, 08:40:45 am »
The place where you changed to the beta, go there and change it back.

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
  • Side: Union
« Reply #338 on: May 31, 2013, 06:58:52 pm »
4. Lancers. If you think they are not OP, then don't change anything and see if any better cav regiment will want to play fair 1vs1's against them. My ideas are : only couched attack, drop after swiching weapon, medium horses, much slower stab, etc. choose whatever you want.
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 31, 2013, 07:00:41 pm »
 About cav, somethimes I think the horses are bit... weird. The medium horse is actually just fine, but the heavy one is ''to heavy'' in my opinion and the light horse is ''to flexible''. Would be cool if that is changed a little bit, but ofcourse I think there should be a little bit difference.
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #340 on: May 31, 2013, 07:34:53 pm »
I know it's kind of off-topic, but Warbutons bread creates crumbs like fuck, can't eat this sandwhich without my trousers looking like they have stale drops of semen on them.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #341 on: May 31, 2013, 07:36:45 pm »
I know it's kind of off-topic, but Warbutons bread creates crumbs like fuck, can't eat this sandwhich without my trousers looking like they have stale drops of semen on them.

Uhm, what?

Offline Crayon

• Sergeant
  • Major_Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 31, 2013, 09:12:04 pm »

I  disagree entirely. 

Lancers are supposed to be good against other cav, that is their thing. The lance range gives them an advantage in a charge, and a disadvantage when not at speed. Making them not good against cav makes them effectively pointless as a unit type.

The only thing I'd like to see changed with lancers is that if they switch from lance to sword they would auto drop the lance.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:16:21 pm by Crayon »
A Major Bastard

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 31, 2013, 09:15:59 pm »

I  disagree entirely. 

Lancers are supposed to be good against cav, that is their thing. Making them not good against cav makes them effectively pointless as a unit type.

The only thing I'd like to see changed with lancers is that if they switch from lance to sword they would auto drop the lance.

I don't have as much of a problem with them against cav as I do with them against infantry. Their lances have too long of a range and their hitboxes are strange so that it can look like they didn't hit you even if they did.

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
« Reply #344 on: May 31, 2013, 10:14:12 pm »

I  disagree entirely. 

Lancers are supposed to be good against other cav, that is their thing. The lance range gives them an advantage in a charge, and a disadvantage when not at speed. Making them not good against cav makes them effectively pointless as a unit type.

That is not disagreeing entirely, now is it? The main thing I want changed is that they drop their lances once switching to swords.
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."