Author Topic: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!  (Read 106489 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!
« Reply #195 on: May 17, 2013, 01:12:26 am »
The beta messes with mods that are entirely separate from NW. I had a save going in Floris and after I opted in and out of the beta it said the save was incompatible, and when I opted back into the beta it was compatible again, which tells me that when I played with it while I was still opted into the beta it locked it into that. Is there anything I can do to fix this or something the devs can do to make it so this won't happen?

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 17, 2013, 01:15:52 am »
Somehow I couldn't play PW when the beta was on, because i had a newer version of warband. Pretty weird I thought indeed also that only the Napoleonic Wars module would be influenced.

But yeh it does sound logic that once you play with the beta on, that it saves on that. However don't listen to me, I could easily be wrong. :P

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
  • Side: Union
« Reply #197 on: May 17, 2013, 01:43:37 am »
When i opted in (long time ago) i also had the problem, apperantly warband has some new little upgrades or nw also configures parts of the warband engine and folders, thus i believe that is why you have a different version.
The first modder for NW.

Offline tacticalretreat

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 17, 2013, 02:00:01 am »
so with the cav sword having less reach....how much smaller are we talking here? I know there is an 'invisible length', is it only getting rid of that? of physically making the sword smaller in all classes?

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #199 on: May 17, 2013, 07:02:41 am »
The beta messes with mods that are entirely separate from NW. I had a save going in Floris and after I opted in and out of the beta it said the save was incompatible, and when I opted back into the beta it was compatible again, which tells me that when I played with it while I was still opted into the beta it locked it into that. Is there anything I can do to fix this or something the devs can do to make it so this won't happen?

If you get the beta on steam, you also get the 1.156 version of warband, that taleworlds developed, that might cause native to overwrite stuff.

so with the cav sword having less reach....how much smaller are we talking here? I know there is an 'invisible length', is it only getting rid of that? of physically making the sword smaller in all classes?
a few centimeter, like 3 till 5 depending what sword... its just the hit-range, not the model length that is changed, to remove the ghostly hittable range.

Offline Theophilos

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2013, 07:21:38 am »
Dear developers,

There has been a terrible (I would say) bug in commander battles in napoleonic wars.

Dragoons seem to very often, when told to use melee weapons, simply switch to the butt of their gun. The problem with this is the butt of the gun cannot be used while on horseback, and is very weak compared to the sword regardless. This happens when dismounted as well. I cannot tell the reasons it is done, sometimes they do it when I tell them to charge, sometimes when enemies get close.

But I really hope that, if this is the last patch, this can be fixed. Perhaps remove the ability for DRAGOON bots to switch between melee and range method with their gun, forcing them to use the sword for melee or shoot for range.

Again, I am not sure how exactly to fix the problem, but I complained once before in a nother thread and they said to delete the code which allows switching to melee method for cavalry musket. perhaps it would work if it is done for bots as used in commander battles. (think they assumed i was playing with just bots single player)

Please fix this problem with the dragoon bots in any way, it has caused me such frustration and ruins much of the fun in commander battles for me as dragoons.

should have asked olafson about it when i saw him on the beta server

Offline Theophilos

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2013, 07:32:47 am »
also, is the swords the same as before the buff then? or less? or still longer than before the last buff to their length?

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #202 on: May 17, 2013, 08:52:48 am »
Dear developers,

There has been a terrible (I would say) bug in commander battles in napoleonic wars.

Dragoons seem to very often, when told to use melee weapons, simply switch to the butt of their gun. The problem with this is the butt of the gun cannot be used while on horseback, and is very weak compared to the sword regardless. This happens when dismounted as well. I cannot tell the reasons it is done, sometimes they do it when I tell them to charge, sometimes when enemies get close.

But I really hope that, if this is the last patch, this can be fixed. Perhaps remove the ability for DRAGOON bots to switch between melee and range method with their gun, forcing them to use the sword for melee or shoot for range.

Again, I am not sure how exactly to fix the problem, but I complained once before in a nother thread and they said to delete the code which allows switching to melee method for cavalry musket. perhaps it would work if it is done for bots as used in commander battles. (think they assumed i was playing with just bots single player)

Please fix this problem with the dragoon bots in any way, it has caused me such frustration and ruins much of the fun in commander battles for me as dragoons.

should have asked olafson about it when i saw him on the beta server
Fixed in next beta.

also, is the swords the same as before the buff then? or less? or still longer than before the last buff to their length?

inbetween last patch buff and before that.

Offline Theophilos

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2013, 08:55:01 am »

Fixed in next beta.

Very good! Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 08:56:58 am by Theophilos »

Offline Refleax

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Refleax
« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2013, 11:21:36 am »
Tonight we'll be hosting a stress test which is crucial for us to make sure that everything is stable by release!

For more information please take a look at the below thread.

NW Public Beta Stress Test - 17th May 8:15 PM (GMT+2)
May good health be yours.

Offline Crayon

• Sergeant
  • Major_Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 17, 2013, 12:43:54 pm »
Repeated, for i don't think its been seen....

Rifle sergeants, for the love of jebus:
Can they have the same accuracy as the rifle rankers? They should not have less accuracy.

And will sailors be limited, as the artymen are, because the sailors are to gain arty capability, will it be possible to limit them?

On a side note:
The fixing of the dragoons for commander battles is brilliant news.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 03:21:13 pm by Crayon »
A Major Bastard

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #206 on: May 17, 2013, 12:45:55 pm »
If you're fixing the dragoons, can you fix that all the lancers spawn with actual lances instead of most of them with only swords and the rest with lances & swords?

Offline i put my pants on

• Private
  • What body?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 10th_Lord_Overlord
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2013, 01:04:24 pm »
Please add some austraillian servers we have a lot of player contribution and its just sad when you have stabbed the other guy for a minute and turns out i was dead the whole time -_-

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 17, 2013, 01:05:50 pm »
You would have to ask LCC about that since they take care of the AUS servers :)

Offline tacticalretreat

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 17, 2013, 01:15:33 pm »

a few centimeter, like 3 till 5 depending what sword... its just the hit-range, not the model length that is changed, to remove the ghostly hittable range.

Thanks for the reply vince  ;) good to hear.