Author Topic: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!  (Read 106497 times)

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2013, 08:25:45 pm »
Christ people... Stop saying it's "dissapointing" rather give usefull feedback so they can do something with it! Don't forget that this is the beta version and they can still change things! This aint the final version!

If you only say stuff like "it's sooo dissapointingggg" then obviously nothing will improve or get better.
It took 6 months to come out, they could've done something with it then and this was claimed to be the last patch to nw once the beta was over.

1. That was due Taleworlds
2. In that meanwhile they couldn't do much because they obviously can't know if something really improved or got worse. Because once again they had to wait for Taleworlds to do anything.

And if this is the last patch for NW, what about you think of some constructive feedback on the current patch? ;) Now you still can.

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
  • Side: Union
« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2013, 08:28:27 pm »
The heavy horse health was lowered from 135 HP to 115 HP,  the medium from 110 to 100 HP.   light horses still have 80 HP.

The reasons behind the change was that due to the high HP numbers, a lot more bounces happened with weapons against those heavy horses..
For the next beta release to compensate them a bit, I gave the heavy cavalry guys 20% more health (not the horses, the player), maybe that will buff them a bit... in theory some more heavy cav sword damage could be added too? thoughts?

The rifle slap damage went from 24 to 20 points of damage, ill put it to 22 next beta and see how that is, i will also give the rifle slightly more melee speed next beta, and see if that balances them out for our skirmishers.

Also in the next beta we will see sailors with artillery skills and equipment, might be nice to play too!, these sailors will be the only ones with the pirate voices then... marines and captain won't anymore.

Cannon equipment like lighters and ramrods will also be dropped like the spades from the next beta on.

Keep posting feedback (but keep it constructive please!)

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2013, 08:30:20 pm »
Christ people... Stop saying it's "dissapointing" rather give usefull feedback so they can do something with it! Don't forget that this is the beta version and they can still change things! This aint the final version!

If you only say stuff like "it's sooo dissapointingggg" then obviously nothing will improve or get better.
It took 6 months to come out, they could've done something with it then and this was claimed to be the last patch to nw once the beta was over.

1. That was due Taleworlds
2. In that meanwhile they couldn't do much because they obviously can't know if something really improved or got worse. Because once again they had to wait for Taleworlds to do anything.

And if this is the last patch for NW, what about you think of some constructive feedback on the current patch? ;) Now you still can.
Completely agree.
And 3. It's in BETA. It's still not an official patch. So they can still fix this. As said before screaming dissapointing, won't help at all. I mean are they supposed to read your mind? Post here what you think needs changing, the right way, no just saying sword doesn't need nerfing. We are smarter then that.

And you see that? He answers. You see? Just giving constructive feedback changes things.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:32:01 pm by Betaknight »
The first modder for NW.

Offline LeCalum

• Sergeant
  • Sexiness personified.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2013, 08:45:03 pm »
Kiss me, Olaf.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2013, 08:45:13 pm »
I hate to go on about melee but it is what keeps the normal community at the game. With bayonets there are a lot of pokes and stuns. When I say a lot, I mean, a lot. Is there any plans on trying to address this issue? It does make for some real bullshit moments when in melee, also chamber blocking. Pure russling moves.

I do agree with reduced heavy cav sword. It was a bit silly. However heavy cav riders increased armour/HP would balance that out for Heavy cav to continue to have some kind of strength.

In regards to arty, I would really like to see what was originally wanted, pure teamwork to do anything with it. MaHuD's idea would be really interesting. I would reduce the reload speed though, it does seem to me to be rather quick for a cannon.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:48:26 pm by PrideofNi »

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2013, 09:16:40 pm »
Same here, to me artillery is perfectly fine and does the job. If it isn't broke don't fix it. Because if you do, you waste development time for actually putting in new content or fixing things that are broken or imbalanced.

And stop asking for the Artillery reticule to be taken away you fun haters.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2013, 09:19:46 pm »
Same here, to me artillery is perfectly fine and does the job. If it isn't broke don't fix it. Because if you do, you waste development time for actually putting in new content or fixing things that are broken or imbalanced.

And stop asking for the Artillery reticule to be taken away you fun haters.

What do you mean "If it aint broke don't fix it"? If you don't personally agree with people who do think there is a problem with it then it's not broken because you say so?

Offline Burakkuada

• First Lieutenant
  • Vince - Unban Tavington.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 17e_WookieeBurak
« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2013, 09:36:22 pm »
Bug:
I'm not if bug or not but anyoo, the boats run out very fast and you're normally waiting 3 minutes for another boat.

<3

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2013, 09:41:43 pm »
The rifle slap damage went from 24 to 20 points of damage, ill put it to 22 next beta and see how that is, i will also give the rifle slightly more melee speed next beta, and see if that balances them out for our skirmishers.
If I could suggest to increase the damage to 26, but lower the speed and make it more realistic based. As in you get hit harder and it's not a spam based weapon as it is now.

Offline Warder

• First Lieutenant
  • 17e_SoD_EdmondDantes
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2013, 09:51:29 pm »
The heavy horse health was lowered from 135 HP to 115 HP,  the medium from 110 to 100 HP.   light horses still have 80 HP.

I think that if you would lowered light horses hp to 65-70 it should be fine. Any great french light cav commander like Lasalle did not live to 35 years of age :o But on NW hussars are more like F-16 than light cav :x
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:53:03 pm by Warder »

Offline Pender

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thGH_Polk_Pender
« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2013, 09:57:11 pm »

The reasons behind the change was that due to the high HP numbers, a lot more bounces happened with weapons against those heavy horses..
For the next beta release to compensate them a bit, I gave the heavy cavalry guys 20% more health (not the horses, the player), maybe that will buff them a bit... in theory some more heavy cav sword damage could be added too? thoughts?

i agree with the heavy Cav sword damage to be added higher.

Offline Crayon

• Sergeant
  • Major_Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2013, 09:57:33 pm »
Spoiler

Also in the next beta we will see sailors with artillery skills and equipment, might be nice to play too!, these sailors will be the only ones with the pirate voices then... marines and captain won't anymore.

Cannon equipment like lighters and ramrods will also be dropped like the spades from the next beta on.

Keep posting feedback (but keep it constructive please!)
[close]

Sounds great.  8) 

How about the rifle sergeants having their accuracy brought up to the same as rifle rankers? I can't see why they should be less accurate.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:59:35 pm by Crayon »
A Major Bastard

Offline Sceep

• Private
  • Ex Oberstleutnant of the 8. Leibregiment 8Lr
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 84e_SoP_Sceep
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2013, 10:23:57 pm »
Hello

I really like the new units. Is a special yell for the french sailors planned too?^^

btw. unfortunately 60th_Lt_Menelaos temp banned me for an accidently provoked teamkill i said "sorry" for. (FSE_EU_Beta2)
I really dont wanna complain or flame and stuff because of the 30 mins ban. i only want to say that this is obviously a misconception.
Iam not a troll u can check the serverlogs to checking it ;).

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2013, 10:25:29 pm »

I think that if you would lowered light horses hp to 65-70 it should be fine. Any great french light cav commander like Lasalle did not live to 35 years of age :o But on NW hussars are more like F-16 than light cav :x

No. Just no. If you've ever played as light cav you'd know they're very, very weak already. The reason hussars in NW are able to stay alive is because they've figured out how to stay out of the way until the right time and then to come in and kill everyone from behind, which is how it should be done. If you're hit even once you're as good as dead. There's no point in lowering health even further when you die in one hit from most things anyway.

Offline Thvle

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2013, 10:42:43 pm »
I can not fix the problems of the game as weapons through walls, or climbing the stairs ... super slow going without animation? etc etc