Author Topic: Video Card Display Crash on certain maps  (Read 2658 times)

Offline Danster

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Video Card Display Crash on certain maps
« on: November 13, 2012, 07:14:15 am »
Hello,

This problem seems to be pretty rare that i couldn't find a fix around the old forums, so i figured i would bring it up here. I normally frequent NW_Official_US_1 and in its map rotation is the map "Arabian Harbor". When i join this map (and custom map 10, and another map i cant remember the name of), near instantaneously my display driver crashes, and i am left with no other option but to power down the computer.

I'm running Windows 7 32 bit with 2 Radeon 3870's in crossfire, with an Intel Core2Duo processor. I've checked the integrity of files which turned up nothin, but haven't re installed the game itself yet, because Napoleonic Wars is the only module that has the issue. I've turned down graphic options, but they don't seem to have any effect. I've updated my drivers, but the issue remains. I have yet to force a single GPU on the game, so i will try this and come back with an update.

If anymore details are required i would be happy to find them for you. Since the issue only causes the crash of the display driver and not a fullblown bsod, i'm unable to provide a proper crash dump of any of these occasions.

Offline Vorlen

• Second Lieutenant
  • [Nr.24]
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Video Card Display Crash on certain maps
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 01:58:27 pm »
Any overclocking?

I've also had alot of issues with crashing and system RAM Bios settingswhile in crossfire(exclusively crossfire, not without).

Althoug definitely don't touch your bios unless you know what you are doing.

Offline Danster

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 05:50:16 am »
Forcing a single GPU seems to have worked for me, at least for Arabian harbor. To answer your question i haven't done any overclocking. Thanks for the suggestion though :D

Offline Falk

• Captain
  • WATCH OUT DUSAN IS USING MY PROFILE SOMETIMES
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] Falk
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 08:19:32 pm »
i has the problem with the fail graphics too a few time ago it was because my old pc was not good enough for the game
can it be that yu computer is not good enough when yes you cant do anything ( i think ) maybe direct x7

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 10:53:04 pm »
I had a similair problem at some point too. Though it seemed like it fixed it self (dunno how though...)

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 09:43:11 am »
Shouldn't the video driver restart anyway?
Mine does.
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline Danster

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 05:26:02 am »
The problem seems to be persisting despite only using one video card. Either that or something on NW_Official_US_1 is doing it, as i can play Arabian Harbor on any other server and have no problem at all, but on US_1 my screen goes dark.

My computer is using 3 year old hardware at the moment with a full upgrade on the way. I doubt that age is a problem though, because i'm still getting 60 fps through anything that happens in game. Still can't play Planetside 2 though :(

If for any reason the video driver crashes outside of Napoleonic Wars, it will usually recover itself before a bluescreen or something occurs. Napoleonic wars is an exception to the note i suppose.

Ill come back if anything changes. :)