Author Topic: NA Line Only Linebattle???  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Rhinosmyth

• First Lieutenant
  • The Inactive Colonel of the 65y
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
NA Line Only Linebattle???
« on: September 02, 2021, 03:39:02 pm »
Recently I have noticed a significant drop in NA event attendance, from regular Sunday sieges 80vs80 to now 25vs25 (including pubs) and mid-week events dropping in numbers also, despite not as much. As a result of this, many events have been forced into, at least the initial rounds, to run either no specs or half specs. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I have actually enjoyed the NA line only linebattles, and wanted to put it out to the rest of the NA community what their thoughts where and if they'd like to see a weekly line only event?

Just a thought, wanting to see others opinions, please let me know below  :D

Spoiler
[close]

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NA Line Only Linebattle???
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 04:25:25 pm »
Line Only is something I haven't heard of in a long long time...not since my Wednesday Line Only many years ago...

Offline Truth4none

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [21st]Maj_T
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 05:34:04 pm »
It is a new idea but sadly a lot of regiments only come if they can be a spec, so I don't think attendance would be that great sadly.

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 07:47:40 pm »
I would be down for something like that as it gives variety, but as Truth mentioned, everyone signs up for their specialty roles. A certain regiment comes to every Wednesday event crying for their specs when we begin the event saying Line only until we hit 100 people.
click here to join the 84th

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 08:10:03 pm »
In the past 4 years on NA the only regiments willing to come to line only events are the comp regs. GL getting these specs only regiments to commit to going line once a week.  :-\

I could write an essay about why the NA casual scene is dying but I already listed some of my points on this thread: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=44178.0
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 08:12:10 pm by ~NickCole~ »

Offline Rhinosmyth

• First Lieutenant
  • The Inactive Colonel of the 65y
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 10:03:34 pm »
I would be down for something like that as it gives variety, but as Truth mentioned, everyone signs up for their specialty roles. A certain regiment comes to every Wednesday event crying for their specs when we begin the event saying Line only until we hit 100 people.

I mean, my main issue is I think specs should be only when we reach 120, because otherwise, its just lines constantly being fucking in the arse by skirms, going for arty, and camping behind hills in cover. If you remove the arty, cav and skirms,it becomes a free-flowing, high manoeuvrability , dynamic event. If I wasn't from the UK and could dedicate time to admin an event, I'd probably set up an event myself for it on NA.

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 05:23:23 am »
Been pressing the issue of boring events for several months now. I completely pulled my regiment out due to how poorly the events are, and how poorly ran they are. My suggestion is motivation some of these regiments to actually participate in something that is beneficial to the community and not themselves, then maybe you can see an increase in attendance. Line only events are a great idea, but it isn't the only issue regarding line events. Significant change must happen if you want anything to grow in NA rn.

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2021, 03:30:57 pm »
Been pressing the issue of boring events for several months now. I completely pulled my regiment out due to how poorly the events are, and how poorly ran they are. My suggestion is motivation some of these regiments to actually participate in something that is beneficial to the community and not themselves, then maybe you can see an increase in attendance. Line only events are a great idea, but it isn't the only issue regarding line events. Significant change must happen if you want anything to grow in NA rn.
this is true but also we are at the end of a generation for NA, also it doesn't help that in the past year we lost admins like kitty, shrooms that were experience guys. + summers are usually deadly for regs on NA and EU. but to achieve something "new" there is 2 big issues in my eyes, 1:there is no new regiments forming recently 2: admins trolling (wont name anyone) :-X ::)
My suggestion is that we combine NA and SA events to make 80 vs 80 events. This is the only solution if you want big pub event in 2021

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2021, 03:33:41 pm »
this is true but also we are at the end of a generation for NA, also it doesn't help that in the past year we lost admins like kitty, shrooms that were experience guys. + summers are usually deadly for regs on NA and EU. but to achieve something "new" there is 2 big issues in my eyes, 1:there is no new regiments forming recently 2: admins trolling (wont name anyone) :-X ::)
My suggestion is that we combine NA and SA events to make 80 vs 80 events. This is the only solution if you want big pub event in 2021

You forgot to mention my name, but I'll let it slide this time 8)

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2021, 03:35:05 pm »

You forgot to mention my name, but I'll let it slide this time 8)
silly me ::) :-[