Author Topic: [CFL - S1] Discussion  (Read 8343 times)

Offline Cooper

• Donator
  • Panzer on a horse.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cooper/Cuprum
  • Side: Union
Re: [CFL - S1] Discussion
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2021, 10:56:24 pm »
I guess the flaw in any tier system is the fact that one can not objectively measure skill very well. Not only does it require to know players very well to able to compare them, but "skill" is also very unstable with time: One might have a bad day, or a good day  (or week respectively), or one might experience the effects of hard work or the absence thereof.

I am not entirely sure if making a ranking on the justification to make selection easier is a valid argument (or why has this been done exactly?), as I think it is a part of the fun to be able to predict player's performance level as captain ( and as players to watch the decisions of the captain based on these thoughts). Moreover it seems that putting them into tiers tends to always offend someone.
Then again, its not like the system was super restrictive in choosing players either. Further, players actually do not need to pay attention to their ranking as not many people ( the ones I talked to anyways) seem to put much weight in it either.
Retired Clanleader, Cavalry, Student

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2021, 11:03:35 pm »
Don't get mad I'm a cool guy and old 4e player NW (The jumper noob duel) I'm just giving my opinion. At worst be upset it's funny too if you do not accept the opinions of others. Sorry for my english writing guys.
I think that all the tiers is not cool, I find it kinda funny doing that, with all due respect to the organizer of this event, the tier 1 decree by I do not know who, I have never faced in 1v1 alla "tier 1 players" or i never saw scoring in battle like certain players placed at level 2 or 3 that I have seen for 8 years who wins league cavalry by being 1st or 2nd or 3rd in each battle for several years, when I see the path of some I do not really understand their place I find a personal beast to have put people in the tier 1 2 3 etc.
For me, I don't find it phew to have placed people like that, after I understand that for the organization it must be simpler to make balanced teams, but it is necessary to better inform about third parties and do it in private so as not to hurt some person, if you think you are the best  or that such is the best, prove it in battle in cavalery league for example by being the first of your team or the second, not by deciding by affinity or by "we say he is the best". Because if we really look at the third parties and not because if it's not by affinity, I would like to see how you choose tier 1 and other tier, the recent 5vs5 are not the only way to prove a level guys for years it's very recent.

For example from my side, ( be careful, I like the guys from tier 1 calmos ) I don't see a tier 1 me having beaten solo or winning several cavelery league by being the first killer of their regiment as I have been able to do for many years or the others players in the 4e or different regiments or anyones elses that I know except Dokletian on the 4e ( u suck old Nr6 man but i love u ), it's my opinion when I see that its place of people in tiers parties 1, I have never seen me fight or have as much "Glory" to pass in the games of competition like players on "tier 2 and 3",  do not tell me the recent 5vs5 or the scores cavgf, I know guys with incredible score in tier 2 3 on battle or cav gf.
Be careful, i see you coming, I don't care about my place, Tiers party decision makers put in tier 2 I'm not the guy who will to be bored by such a place for a place, I do not care so much, I have done my time on this games me say I am an old 4e NW gamer xD everyone knows their level, its not doing everything but the concept based on I do not know what I find its not phew for some which can be hurt, but the concept of having put people in these tier, I admit disturbing me, especially based on what? I do not know, by "we say", don't get upset i'm a cool guy i just give my opinion for people it may hurt with different tiers decided by unique people.
It's my oppinion about all tiers, anyway otherwise the tournament is verry cool and i have fun, we have a great community all the same. :D
I understand your point and the main reason we did a tier list was out of time reasons as I was very busy the last few weeks and didnt wanted to cancel or delay the league. Im not a fan of tier lists myself but it was the best possible solution for the draft system we went for. Mainly it was to limit the first two tiers, which consist of players that we believe can change the outcome of a game by themselves and are the most influential and/or skilled.

Still, for the next season we got different ideas and I think we will be fine for this one.

Offline Enderby

• Second Lieutenant
  • Damien Romero / 4e Huss Since the creation
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_CvlVt_Enderby
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2021, 11:07:25 pm »
Don't get mad I'm a cool guy and old 4e player NW (The jumper noob duel) I'm just giving my opinion. At worst be upset it's funny too if you do not accept the opinions of others. Sorry for my english writing guys.
I think that all the tiers is not cool, I find it kinda funny doing that, with all due respect to the organizer of this event, the tier 1 decree by I do not know who, I have never faced in 1v1 alla "tier 1 players" or i never saw scoring in battle like certain players placed at level 2 or 3 that I have seen for 8 years who wins league cavalry by being 1st or 2nd or 3rd in each battle for several years, when I see the path of some I do not really understand their place I find a personal beast to have put people in the tier 1 2 3 etc.
For me, I don't find it phew to have placed people like that, after I understand that for the organization it must be simpler to make balanced teams, but it is necessary to better inform about third parties and do it in private so as not to hurt some person, if you think you are the best  or that such is the best, prove it in battle in cavalery league for example by being the first of your team or the second, not by deciding by affinity or by "we say he is the best". Because if we really look at the third parties and not because if it's not by affinity, I would like to see how you choose tier 1 and other tier, the recent 5vs5 are not the only way to prove a level guys for years it's very recent.

For example from my side, ( be careful, I like the guys from tier 1 calmos ) I don't see a tier 1 me having beaten solo or winning several cavelery league by being the first killer of their regiment as I have been able to do for many years or the others players in the 4e or different regiments or anyones elses that I know except Dokletian on the 4e ( u suck old Nr6 man but i love u ), it's my opinion when I see that its place of people in tiers parties 1, I have never seen me fight or have as much "Glory" to pass in the games of competition like players on "tier 2 and 3",  do not tell me the recent 5vs5 or the scores cavgf, I know guys with incredible score in tier 2 3 on battle or cav gf.
Be careful, i see you coming, I don't care about my place, Tiers party decision makers put in tier 2 I'm not the guy who will to be bored by such a place for a place, I do not care so much, I have done my time on this games me say I am an old 4e NW gamer xD everyone knows their level, its not doing everything but the concept based on I do not know what I find its not phew for some which can be hurt, but the concept of having put people in these tier, I admit disturbing me, especially based on what? I do not know, by "we say", don't get upset i'm a cool guy i just give my opinion for people it may hurt with different tiers decided by unique people.
It's my oppinion about all tiers, anyway otherwise the tournament is verry cool and i have fun, we have a great community all the same. :D
I understand your point and the main reason we did a tier list was out of time reasons as I was very busy the last few weeks and didnt wanted to cancel or delay the league. Im not a fan of tier lists myself but it was the best possible solution for the draft system we went for. Mainly it was to limit the first two tiers, which consist of players that we believe can change the outcome of a game by themselves and are the most influential and/or skilled.

Still, for the next season we got different ideas and I think we will be fine for this one.

I understand for the time and the difficulty of organizing this, but i needed to talk about it, it's cool in any case your investment for the community for real :D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 11:10:39 pm by Enderby »

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2021, 11:21:40 pm »
I rather think the text should have been posted on the Hussars List, rather than this tournament; since it rather reads like a general statement against the concept of ratings people, in that case the point(s) made are genuine and totally legit.

When it comes to the Fantasy League, I think using a tier system is understandable if not the best possible way if you simply do not have the time to make all these prices.

Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline DE14HANNES

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cvl_DE14HANNES
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2021, 11:22:00 pm »
what everyone thinks how it is to be a tier 1

How it actually is:

Offline Aless

• First Lieutenant
  • a
    • View Profile
    • que ?
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2021, 11:28:35 pm »
I understand your point on the tier thing, but your idea of top scoreboard = tier 1 is ridiculous to me.

Offline SirNelsonGOE

• Corporal
  • Hola =/
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SirNelsonGOE
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2021, 11:30:30 pm »
Only one thing is clear:

we love gossip hahahaha
Fuck all, I like Erik his voice is like Benedict Cumberbatch

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2021, 11:32:00 pm »
Only one thing is clear:

we love gossip hahahaha

Oh

Nice sig
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Enderby

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2021, 11:34:18 pm »
Yes it's just the fact of putting people in boxes of levels that I don't like, no matter the level or the tier without knowing where the thought comes from who are the good and the less good and even in general, making a list of levels I don't like xD but i understand the choice, with real argument is better to affirm such a thing but yes i agree haha
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 11:47:58 pm by Enderby »

Offline Jesu04

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2021, 11:48:00 pm »
Yes it's just the fact of putting people in boxes of levels that I don't like, no matter the level or the tier without knowing where the thought comes from who are the good and the less good and even in general, making a list of levels I don't like xD but i understand the choice, but yes i agree haha
Those boxes means nothing to the captains, they are illustrative, helpful, and every captain can pick players based on their criteria like I did picking tier 5 players before some tier 3

Offline Enderby

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2021, 12:01:32 am »
Yes it's just the fact of putting people in boxes of levels that I don't like, no matter the level or the tier without knowing where the thought comes from who are the good and the less good and even in general, making a list of levels I don't like xD but i understand the choice, but yes i agree haha
Those boxes means nothing to the captains, they are illustrative, helpful, and every captain can pick players based on their criteria like I did picking tier 5 players before some tier 3

Yeah is so much the better that's what it takes, it's the spirit of the fantazy league

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2021, 12:23:10 am »
I don't find it phew to have placed people like that

I find its not phew for some which can be hurt

Let's all come together and find solutions to make cavalry phew again.

For everyone.

Offline Enderby

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2021, 12:29:46 am »
I rather think the text should have been posted on the Hussars List, rather than this tournament; since it rather reads like a general statement against the concept of ratings people, in that case the point(s) made are genuine and totally legit.

When it comes to the Fantasy League, I think using a tier system is understandable if not the best possible way if you simply do not have the time to make all these prices.

Yes if we use this means, then must say why they are tier 1, I do not see a tier 1 stronger than certain tier 2 for example, what is it based on? with real argument is better to affirm such a thing, not just "ye this 6 guys is better than all go tier 1 because i say that and i think" xD real argument is better to affirm such a thing, I know that the administrator did not do like that and that it is too much time and that he does not know all the players it's ok but yeah to be honest you understand me. if we use this means, argument is better to affirm such a thing, but this is not the spirit of this event, this is why this disturb me and wanted to say it haha
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 12:48:30 am by Enderby »

Offline Enderby

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2021, 12:32:58 am »

For everyone.

If we use this means, argument is better to affirm why this guys is or no tier 1 with real argument, not just  "I say it" it's simple, because I don't understand everyone's location, if I think that I am worse off or better than someone who is placed in tier 1 I say so, or people who I do not find good to place in tier 3, if there is no argument, and it was, it's called an opinion, Personally, I don't care, but for certain maybe not internally, especially with 0 arguments, that's why I don't like it when you place people with 0 arguments for the tier 1, but now i understand why the admin made these choices in this way, it's easier I know and it's still great what the admin is doing and it's ok man haha
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 01:22:57 am by Enderby »

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2021, 12:58:43 am »

For everyone.

If only I could speak English as well as Rastignac..........
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik