Author Topic: Sword & Musket - A Bannerlord Napoleonic Mod - Update Blog Out  (Read 25617 times)

Offline Futui_tuto

• Sergeant
  • S&M Senior developer & Level design lead
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Maj_Futui
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Sword & Musket - A Bannerlord Napoleonic Mod - Q&A
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2020, 11:26:50 pm »
idk bro the British Royal Navy Nock Seven Barrel Flintlock Gun sounds really op

This is an absolutely experimental development, balance issues have already been discussed, in principle we have ideas on how to implement this not op (I think it will be integrate as absolutely another "system"), but how exactly, the information will be given closer to the end of the work.

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2020, 11:59:06 pm »
please add emotes so I can hit a dab or something after winning a duel
click here to join the 84th

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2020, 05:57:05 pm »
please add emotes so I can hit a dab or something after winning a duel

Me after winning a duel:

63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline WaterPolo

• Private
  • www.nwrp.eu
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2020, 03:05:42 pm »
can't wait for this!

Skaen

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2020, 03:50:16 pm »
If the singleplayer turns out to be like L'Aigle, then I seriously cannot wait as I don't really like the multiplayer in Bannerlord.

Offline ChristopherR

• Sergeant
  • Colonel of the 17th.
    • View Profile
    • Sword & Musket Discord
  • Nick: ChristopherR
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2020, 04:38:21 pm »
If the singleplayer turns out to be like L'Aigle, then I seriously cannot wait as I don't really like the multiplayer in Bannerlord.

If you have specific suggestions that you believe would help create a better single-player mod, by all means type away and we'll definitely take a look at it. However, our current focus is on the (multiplayer) aspect of Sword & Musket. Of course, all suggestions are taken into account as we want to provide all of you with the best possible experience. Thanks for supporting the project, I look forward to hearing back from you!

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2020, 05:31:30 pm »
Hows arty going to work and will sieges be top kek because they could be a rlly big pro over NW for the casual events

Spoiler
[close]

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2020, 07:41:07 pm »
Remember guys, if you want most of your questions answered, you should be submitting them here:

https://forms.gle/bmNEbcXVPFtnY2uR6

I will answer these 2 a little just because the information is already on the thread(s).

Hows arty going to work and will sieges be top kek because they could be a rlly big pro over NW for the casual events

I will say we are intending to put some good work into forts etc. as that was a large part in napoleonic warfare, particularly during the invasion of Austria. If you take a look at the screenshot on the main thread, there's a very early fort design, maybe around 10% done but personally I think that its still better than anything we have on NW currently (outside of community maps naturally) :D

As it says on the main part of the thread, single player will be more scenario based content. I guess a way you could look at it is the Historical Battles in Total War games like Napoleon, Shogun etc. But this won't be worked on until the Multiplayer portion is complete. Or if the Level Designers etc. do not have a lot of work left to do on the Multi.

But do try to remember like with MM for example, the multiplayer will be quite a bit different compared to base bannerlord so make sure you at least give S&M a go on release ;)
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline [2ndHess] lukasoh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2020, 08:30:34 pm »
It looks good and Im hyped. If there is a way and need to support the mod Development with money, just say it. Im sure there will be enough people (including me) to support you guys!

Offline General Shepherd

• Retired General #AbimYok
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Former-82nd Regiment Leader S&M Creative Producer
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
  • Nick: General Shepherd
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2020, 12:23:57 am »

We will have some trials with the artillery soon, but it's too early to say for sure, we're considering changing the catapult system. And we will write a new code for artillery.

I am preparing the scenario for Singleplayer but we spend our intensity on Multiplayer. As John Price said, we haven't started some things about Singleplayer because we haven't finished the stages in Multiplayer yet. I will answer some, if not all, personally as Creative Producer.

It looks good and Im hyped. If there is a way and need to support the mod Development with money, just say it. Im sure there will be enough people (including me) to support you guys!

You can contact me on Discord about this. We can see what to do. ;)

Skaen

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2020, 07:21:15 pm »
well I guess the big linebattles would look amazing with these graphics

Offline General Shepherd

• Retired General #AbimYok
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Former-82nd Regiment Leader S&M Creative Producer
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
  • Nick: General Shepherd
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2020, 02:30:08 pm »
Hello,

We are very happy to open up a Q&A on the forums through google-forms. This will be an efficient way to have your pressing questions answered by the correct sources.

If you have any questions or inquiries, please navigate to the links that will be listed below to have your questions answered!

Have a wonderful New Years everyone; stay safe, healthy, and cheery!   8)

Q&A Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScqA_O_IYcBOioTTVnQ4GPtu6kr_mEKJqewDx5YfnkG9IpJ_w/viewform

S&M TaleWorlds Thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/sword-musket-napoleonic-wars-bannerlord-mod-project.429893/

S&M TaleWorlds Group: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?groups/sword-musket.394/

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2021, 08:06:17 pm »
Fixed the broken discord link.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2021, 02:14:47 am »
epic
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2021, 02:59:35 am »
Could've come up with a more innovative name; mod seems neat though. Just throwing names out, something like 'War of Coats' would be interesting.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 03:08:37 am by Fietta »