Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 32131 times)

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Discussion
« Reply #330 on: October 04, 2020, 11:23:44 pm »
still believe a 3h+ match for a non-professional game is not healthy for competitiveness and for a human beings wellfare!

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #331 on: October 04, 2020, 11:32:37 pm »
What do you mean having a 50 minutes round felt very healthy.

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
« Reply #332 on: October 04, 2020, 11:44:06 pm »
heavies are an absolute joke

Offline Treiz35

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Treiz
« Reply #333 on: October 05, 2020, 12:00:50 am »
TRANSFER WINDOW OPEN !

Offline Aless

• First Lieutenant
  • a
    • View Profile
    • que ?
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
« Reply #334 on: October 05, 2020, 12:23:03 am »
I'm so glad I wasn't the referee for it

Offline DE14HANNES

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cvl_DE14HANNES
« Reply #335 on: October 05, 2020, 12:43:41 am »
The match was a waste of time and the price way too high to win this in my opinion

Offline TxM

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e|TxM
« Reply #336 on: October 05, 2020, 01:52:57 am »

Offline Thyrell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BNL_Dyson30x_Ciiges
« Reply #337 on: October 05, 2020, 10:37:46 am »
wanna ref Nr4 vs CB?

Offline Goodest

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2Lr_Hauptgefreiter_Goodest
« Reply #338 on: October 05, 2020, 12:13:23 pm »
still believe a 3h+ match for a non-professional game is not healthy for competitiveness and for a human beings wellfare!

Offline Thyrell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BNL_Dyson30x_Ciiges
« Reply #339 on: October 05, 2020, 12:30:08 pm »
just start at 4pm, take a 6pm diner break of 30mins and a pissbreak at 7pm

Offline Atlatan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 05, 2020, 01:31:27 pm »
After this match I would like to add something.
I don't see any rules in tournament for avoiding combat, delaying etc. and there's no end effect due to timeout of the round. I ask admins to take it into account and possibly fix it or add the rules assiociated with this.
During the match, there were situations in which the hussars didn't even attempt to attack. Combining it with a lot of players from both sides (what is disadvantage for cuirassiers) resulted that hussars vs heavies matches are much longer than ever. And about 15+ rule, it is definitely not easy to keep the minimum number players around 11pm after more than 3 hours of playing, when most people have to get up early and go to school or work the next day.
I think that kind of matches that hardly anyone enjoy and force people to make private sacrifices are not worth the tournament unless you are 100% pro gamers or tryhards.

Anyway, gg 4e there were some close rounds but it's well deserved win. Good luck in the rest of competition.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 01:38:30 pm by Atlatan »

Offline Termito

• First Lieutenant
  • KRH | 92nd | 1º Reg Mexican member
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Termito
« Reply #341 on: October 05, 2020, 01:52:36 pm »
I don't see any rules in tournament for avoiding combat, delaying etc. and there's no end effect due to timeout of the round. I ask admins to take it into account and possibly fix it or add the rules assiociated with this.
During the match, there were situations in which the hussars didn't even attempt to attack. Combining it with a lot of players from both sides (what is disadvantage for cuirassiers) resulted that hussars vs heavies matches are much longer than ever. And about 15+ rule, it is definitely not easy to keep the minimum number players around 11pm after more than 3 hours of playing, when most people have to get up early and go to school or work the next day.
I think that kind of matches that hardly anyone enjoy and force people to make private sacrifices are not worth the tournament unless you are 100% pro gamers or tryhards.

I mean i played heavy and hussar and i can tell you that those matches are more about patience than skill and hussars vs heavies always have been a long match no matter who played. Therefore you cant blame a hussar for delaying (i understand if it keeps running without being close to any enemy and just doing it to be annoying) since it can easily get 1 hit by a heavy and that barely happens the other way around.

I mean if hussars want to win, they need to "delay". Not every match can last 1 hour.

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Vencer o Morir | Πρώτο και έκτο
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
« Reply #342 on: October 05, 2020, 01:54:45 pm »

I mean i played heavy and hussar and i can tell you that those matches are more about patience than skill and hussars vs heavies always have been a long match no matter who played. Therefore you cant blame a hussar for delaying (i understand if it keeps running without being close to any enemy and just doing it to be annoying) since it can easily get 1 hit by a heavy and that barely happens the other way around.

I mean if hussars want to win, they need to "delay". Not every match can last 1 hour.

idc kid

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #343 on: October 05, 2020, 02:31:59 pm »
I remember calling people to get back into the middle of the map and leave the map edge (which you guys heavily played around) atleast 3 times every round. Id rather delay a little instead of constantly fighting in a close corner.

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
« Reply #344 on: October 05, 2020, 02:48:25 pm »

Anyway, gg 4e there were some close rounds but it's well deserved win. Good luck in the rest of competition.
What are you on about?

The ONLY reason the match took as long as it did, is because there's no other way to play versus heavies than we did. Constant circling, protecting dismounted and reared horses, making circles around a tree, running away from combat. As a heavy you can literally tank 3 hits from a hussar, whilst the other way around it's a 1 hit kill.
Just take a look at the score and personal scores, that resembles how much better we actually were than you guys, it just takes so long because heavies have an immesurable shitty playstyle.

I've got a little tip for you too: If your players can't stick around after 11pm, switch to hussars (matches are a lot faster, skill-involved and fun that way).