Author Topic: ♞ [SNC-2020] Discussion Thread  (Read 19212 times)

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
  • Side: Union
Re: ♞ [SNC-2020] Discussion Thread
« Reply #270 on: December 21, 2020, 02:44:52 pm »
Rigged against Team Auvergne ...

Offline Dusbled

• Board Moderator
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #271 on: December 21, 2020, 02:46:02 pm »
I love the statistics!

Offline DragonKing

• Board Moderator
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #272 on: December 21, 2020, 06:22:14 pm »
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Cooper

• Donator
  • Panzer on a horse.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cooper/Cuprum
  • Side: Union
« Reply #273 on: December 22, 2020, 06:08:00 pm »
So, I was procrastinating and saw the nice data table in here. My conclusion was that I wanted to plot the columns by teams (in boxplots).
Results are mostly boring, but there are a couple funny twists and perhabs some hints about teamstrategies overall.
e.g. France did not only win, but also show a trend for the most teamkills (the winning strategy?).
I would guess that a lot of effects here are moderated by rounds won which usually means that more players are alive and can do stuff for longer in a given round. However, I can not really control for that, as the table doesn't give me data about rounds played.
Spoiler

[close]
I didnt plot bumpassists, as they were not numerous enough.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 01:49:01 pm by Cooper »
Retired Clanleader, Cavalry, Student

Offline DragonKing

• Board Moderator
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #274 on: December 22, 2020, 06:45:54 pm »
So, I was procrastinating and saw the nice data table in here. My conclusion was that I wanted to plot the columns by teams (in boxplots).
Results are mostly boring, but there are a couple funny twists and perhabs some hints about teamstrategies overall.
e.g. France did not only win, but also show a trend for the most teamkills (the winning strategy?).
I would guess that a lot of effects here are modulated by rounds won which usually means that more players are alive and can do stuff for longer in a given round. However, I can not really control for that, as the table doesn't give me data about rounds played.
Spoiler

[close]
I didnt plot bumpassists, as they were not numerous enough.

ahah, concerning the French tactics, I will answer that there is a secret of manufacture. who knows what it is? In any case, congrats for this beautiful work
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline DeLaBedoyère

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 22, 2020, 10:21:34 pm »
We first want to thank DragonKing and all the referees behind him who did an amazing job this year. The overall hype wasn’t really felt during the competition, but the matchs and the organization were on point.

We congratulate all the nations who participated in the competition. We enjoyed all the matchs we played, and we really did appreciate the size of the matchs played. We could always make play all of our players present for a night, and that made the matchs even greater. We salute the fairplay and the hard fight of Germany who threatened our title chances until the last round of our match, and offered us a match to remember.

We are happy to inform you that we made the choice to donate our whole cash-prize to an association called “Bleuet de France” (which helps wounded soldiers, victims of war and terrorism), something related to the napolenic era we played on.

We thank our 21 players (no need to count Tardet here) who showed us big skill, and awesome teamplay, which allowed us to take the title. And obviously, thanks to those who messaged and congratulated us.

We hope we can see you all again on the battlefield, with our nation's tag, if the community’s state allows it!
bild.jpg

Offline Remao

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 22, 2020, 10:23:04 pm »
We first want to thank DragonKing and all the referees behind him who did an amazing job this year. The overall hype wasn’t really felt during the competition, but the matchs and the organization were on point.

We congratulate all the nations who participated in the competition. We enjoyed all the matchs we played, and we really did appreciate the size of the matchs played. We could always make play all of our players present for a night, and that made the matchs even greater. We salute the fairplay and the hard fight of Germany who threatened our title chances until the last round of our match, and offered us a match to remember.

We are happy to inform you that we made the choice to donate our whole cash-prize to an association called “Bleuet de France” (which helps wounded soldiers, victims of war and terrorism), something related to the napolenic era we played on.

We thank our 21 players (no need to count Tardet here) who showed us big skill, and awesome teamplay, which allowed us to take the title. And obviously, thanks to those who messaged and congratulated us.

We hope we can see you all again on the battlefield, with our nation's tag, if the community’s state allows it!

Agree with my secretary, wp everyone !!!

Offline Treiz35

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Treiz
« Reply #277 on: December 22, 2020, 10:29:16 pm »

fuck erik

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #278 on: December 22, 2020, 10:36:28 pm »
fuck erik
officially the most disliked cavalry player

rumours said he wanted to donate the money to the coal industry
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Dusbled

• Board Moderator
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #279 on: December 23, 2020, 02:01:51 am »

I love the idea!

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #280 on: December 23, 2020, 02:06:49 pm »
fuck erik
officially the most disliked cavalry player

rumours said he wanted to donate the money to the coal industry

There's this association called Erik le Rouge Child Coal Labour©, ever heard of it ? A donation of 300€ surely wouldn't hurt it

Thanks for hosting this competition Dragonking, I had a lot of fun participating with this French team. Huge congrats to all our opponents, especially the Germans who came really close to beating us.

fuck treiz
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette