Author Topic: Please fix the walking key!  (Read 1106 times)

Offline sapped

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Please fix the walking key!
« on: May 15, 2013, 04:59:24 am »
Dear FSE,

I had been a loyal follower since M&M, enjoyed the hell out of NW (seriously the best DLC for any game ever!) but there's one
small issue which had annoyed me for quite some time and I hope you guys can fix it for next patch.

Please fix the walking key for Napoleonic Wars, and make it so that you actually hold the shift key to walk instead of being a toggle.

Seriously, why have the walk key a toggle option, which other first person game even have the walk key a toggle?

In Warband singleplayer, holding the shift key allows you to both zoom and walk,
In Napoleonic Wars tutorial and custom battle, holding the shift key allows you to walk, and not a toggle option
but in NW multiplayer it's toggle the key to walk,

You guys could at least make it so it's consistent between SP and MP, why have hold-walk for SP and toggle-walk for MP?

Also there's nothing more annoying than accidentally hitting the walk key while engaged in heavy bayonet battle, so please
change it so it's actually holding to walk ingame.

P.S. In servers with bots added (not commander mode) you can't actually see the command you made on screen (eg. f1-f3 to charge)
please fix this thank you

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Please fix the walking key!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 05:57:56 am »
I prefer it to be toggle, lets me and my regiment take long walks on the battlefield  :P

On a more serious note if you've ever been in a double line, just takes one person to accidentally let go of shift during a volley and you get a team kill.

Perhaps add the option for holding it down, but please don't take my loverly toggle buttons
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline sapped

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 06:35:48 am »
Just curious, how does letting go of the walk key gets you a team kill? Unless you guys were walking and gunning at the same time you mean?

And I think adding in an optional toggle walk key is perfectly fine, however it should be added as a totally new key and not replace the current
shift keybind position, since it's already linked to the NW SP walk and WB SP walk and zoom, changing this will mean you get a different key
for zoom and walk in Warband

Offline Rowaan

• Second Lieutenant
  • A volcano of unreliable information
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rowaan
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 05:16:20 pm »
Just curious, how does letting go of the walk key gets you a team kill? Unless you guys were walking and gunning at the same time you mean?
When he lets go of shift he runs out in front of the others and gets shot.