Author Topic: Impression Of the New Update  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Roy

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Impression Of the New Update
« on: May 15, 2013, 03:38:30 am »
So we get a FSE released ship and Sailors? Sailors=Gay Patizans?
I like one thing though. North and South style reloading glitch?

What do you all think about the New update?

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Impression Of the New Update
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 04:01:10 am »
Well, Church. It sucks ass. What gave the community a game boner was the picture of a ship and the talking about the marine units for France and the UK. And the reloading glitch sucks ass.

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 04:12:59 am »
For one thing, this patch wasn't supposed to be some huge, game-changing update that added in tons of new units and items, fixed every bug in existence, and created a vastly improved melee system. The reason why so much hype and excitement came of it is because of the fact that there was almost endless frustration/speculation/argument over why Taleworlds didn't update Warband for over 4 months. This is evident in the 34 pages that make up the Developer Blog 5 thread.

So, enjoy the patch. Please don't go raging around about how it didn't live up to everyone's spectacularly high standards, because that was not the point of the patch in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:15:41 am by McEwanMaster »

Kielbasa!

AntonioTheWorstAtMelee

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 04:26:10 am »
For one thing, this patch wasn't supposed to be some huge, game-changing update that added in tons of new units and items, fixed every bug in existence, and created a vastly improved melee system. The reason why so much hype and excitement came of it is because of the fact that there was almost endless frustration/speculation/argument over why Taleworlds didn't update Warband for over 4 months. This is evident in the 34 pages that make up the Developer Blog 5 thread.

So, enjoy the patch. Please don't go raging around about how it didn't live up to everyone's spectacularly high standards, because that was not the point of the patch in the first place.

Firstly, I do enjoy the maturity you so frequently champion.

Secondly, don't download the patch. Who needs men's with their bodies glistening in the sun (unless you're into that stuff)

Offline Niophoris

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 08:26:00 pm »
Personally I don't know exactly what to think, I  do like the idea of sailors, it will add more to the navel aspect of the game. (Boat Battle's, Pirate Maps, Etc.) The update may not be huge but I'm excited for anything new, as are many other people. I wonder how certain people and servers will take advantage of the update. (New change to Zombies?!) Again I acknowledge that it's not a huge update but I'm excited, just for the fact that there's going to be a new unit.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 11:24:37 pm »
Just keep in mind, the coming week is the chance to give ANY suggestions and feedback on the patch. After that. This will be the NW you will have to play for most likely the rest of the time. So stop your moaning. This is just a patch for the people who actually like playing with marines and sailors and ships, and I can say from experience quite some people actually do enjoy it. If you don't like them, then don't fucking play as them.

Oh yes, you don't need to download the patch now. Because like I said, in a week you will be forced to download it if you still want to play NW. :)

I can only suggest you to get off your complaining mode, and get some constructive feedback going so the game might be just turning a bit "fun" for you. If not so, I feel sorry for you. :)

Simply said... Just stop complaining. You won't improve anything or get anywhere.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 06:39:44 am »
I haven't tried the beta but I read in the patch notes that cavalry sword ghost reach is being reduced, rifles and artillery nerfed, and pistols buffed, so as a Line Infantry commander, yay!   ;D
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 09:17:59 am »
Yes this patch is definetly very profitable to the infantry. Its really going to hurt cav, less hitpoints for heavy and mid cav along with shorter swords... 2 b4d 4 u m8  ;D

Its gonna be a pain for the rifles though  :(

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 10:05:46 am »
Seems very few people are convinced the Rifle melee change was needed to this extent, hit with too much nerf bat in my opinion.

This about sums it up

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:16:00 am by Malakith »

Offline Shortshorts

• Major General
  • I love memes
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 60th_Lt_Shortshorts
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 10:11:58 am »
There was no need for the cav nerfs IMO, it would have been enough just to shorten the length of the swords and that would have been fine.
The hussars where already dominant enough as it was, this patch just made that issue worse. Also the nerf to the rifle butt was, as Malakith said, silly.

Offline Henk

• Private
    • View Profile
    • http://www.33rd.eu/home
  • Nick: 33rd Sjt Henk
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 11:03:33 am »
i like the new update only if you have steam. if you have mount and blade not on steam its terrible. you need to reinstall mount and blade to get ride of the patch.
"We are not a smart, social regiment. We do not seek to be ever in the headlines. We do not pretend to have some special expertise. Indeed perhaps what makes us special is that we do not seek to be any of those things.
“We are ordinary, straightforward folk who stick together. We have in the Duke's some of the best soldiers in the world. I would back the Duke's soldier - the good, honest, straight forward, hard working Yorkshireman - against any soldiers in the world.”

Regards,
Sjt Henk

Offline Punishment

• Private
  • 77y's Inquisitor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 11:50:55 am »
The rifle nerfs were completely uncalled for and were really not needed in my opinion. (any person which has semi decent skill and a bayonet should already be able to defeat a rifleman in melee due to the rifles speed)
You are still forcefully hitting people with a giant piece of wood, it is supposed to hurt alot.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:54:02 am by Punishment »

Offline Burakkuada

• First Lieutenant
  • Vince - Unban Tavington.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 17e_WookieeBurak
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 02:27:08 pm »
First off, I understand that it's just a beta and that you should understand that this is a simple explanation of what I like / dislike, it's called asked constructive criticism not "trolling".

First impressions and suggestions:
  The "pirates" should have their own melee weapons, I mean who's ever heard of a pirate plundering and murdering with a wooden fork? Maybe such weapons as pistols and sickles would greatly improve the beta.
  The "marines" are just... ugh; they made me cringe with their simplicity and all around 'un-uniqueness', maybe they should be able to do special things that normal infantry can't do like swimming. This goes for the "pirates" too, when in water you did have to double tap space bar to turn on swimming mode.
  The boats: the massive corvettes are simply b-e-a-utiful and are my favourite aspect of the beta, but they can't move; of course I understand the time and almost impossibility of programming them to be able to move so I suggest, please improve the looks of the small boats. I mean I could live with their uglyness in NW but seeing them in a supposed "naval" beta then their realism and detail should be improved.

That's all I have for now, keep plundering me hearties.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:29:23 pm by Burakkauda »