Author Topic: Gibby & Herishey's All Time NW List(s) - Final Update Posted!  (Read 134120 times)

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Gibby & Herishey's All Time NW List(s)
« Reply #1305 on: April 08, 2021, 07:31:40 pm »
The reason why Nosswill and Clash are in a higher tier kinda makes sense so I don't understand the confusion.
Whilst Nosswill and Clash might have the same type of era rating as you had (top 10 in one era), they kept playing and picked up some medals here and there afterwards as well. They might not have been considered top 30 players during the time after their peak, even though that is always highly subjective, but they continued playing and therefore kept popping up in the tournament archive of Tardet and Tiberias after their "peak era". This archive is what was mostly used for this list as seen here:
Resources
The primary resource for this list is Tardet and Tiberias' tournament archive, which we are very grateful for being given access to.

It thus makes sense that they will have a higher rating. Where they had a peak where they reached top 10 in an era, and kept playing and thus kept appearing in tournaments. You reached top 10 in an era and stopped playing. You argue "how can you say that I wouldn't have kept playing at this high level", but at the same time I could argue "how are these list makers going to be able to evaluate your skill through periods where you didn't play". You can hardly expect them to pretend like you would've kept up the same level as you had back then when you weren't around to show it.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Gibby & Herishey's All Time NW List(s) - Both Regiments List Added!
« Reply #1306 on: April 08, 2021, 07:51:07 pm »
To be fair to Manda he did play the occasionally tournament for TBE even in 2017/2018 and now he is playing again however on the contrary he was never regarded as a top 20 player during those times.

I would say for Tier 2 you have to have to have a decent amount of tournament wins across a couple of different years, all-time is always going to be biased towards longevity not raw skill or talent as there is no point comparing that across eras (later will always be better).

Offline MaNdar1nch1k

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 08, 2021, 08:21:17 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Because all those people appear in more than one era. Longevity was taken into account as well as other factors (it says at the bottom of the thread).

:)
[close]

Not sure what you are trying to say there  :P

Thing is I don't know why you're using me as a comparison when even though I wasn't as active I used to be back in the days, I still won tournaments here and there (RGL with 85e, NWWC in 2017). I'm sure you would have better understood my case if you did bother to check the past tournaments results in 2020-21 beforehand.

He is using you as a comparison because you both are in top 10 in one era only. Pretty self-explanatory if you ask me.
Yeah that side makes sense but the eras were only used in relation to the all time in a few ways. E.g. if you were top 10 in 2 eras you instantly go to tier 1, if you were top 10 in one era you're instantly into tier 4 or above, etc (this excludes the early eras in some cases if those players were not active after).
[close]

Just to point out some eras are longer than others, I.e. if there was an era for 2015 and 2016, I probs would of made it to top 10 in both era then somehow that would automatically make me tier 1. That does not seem right to me. Doing it by year would of been more consistent and fair.

The fact you took activity into consideration makes things very debatable and very hard to judge. For example, a player could come to NW scene, and play competitively for 6-12 month and absolutely dominate the NW scene by winning everything. This player could be the best player to ever play NW but then because he/she decides to quit, after a short period of time for whatever reason, they do not deserve a high tier? In that case, the tiers do not truly represent players skill, does it? Now on the contradictory side, I do see your point, as players activity duration demonstrates for how long and well a player can upkeep their skill which is a fair point however if you refer back to the example I mentioned few sentences back, if a player leaves NW when they are playing well, then who are you/we to change them for how long they would have upkept being in the top 10. This has to be judged based on their prime.

You say all of this is based on facts... but Axiom was not around in 2015-2016... So I am very confused as to why he is on top 30 even. It makes sense to follow a list that was made back in 2015 by Haze, Lebrave and about 7 other players because it was done based on facts back then....  P.S Axiom you are a legend so nothing personal here.

I know it may look like I am moaning about being in tier 3 and not tier 2 and in all honesty there is no way to please everyone with their score (unless we give everyone tier 1 but even then people would probs still complain xD). I just dont agree with methodology used. There is not a lot of consistency here. As I said before, solely based on the front page, I, Nosswill and Clash appeared only once in Era's and therefore I have the same right to claim tier 2 as they do. Now you did defend it by saying they were in top 40 in other era's but solely based on the front page.. there is no top 40... so that defeats the point you made.

Don't take any of this as an attack on your Herishey, because what you have done here is amazing. This probs took you and others many weeks and hours to do.
If you want a list without any subjective opinion from other players and unbiased stats, you should probably go to the Historia Continuum thread made by Tardet and Tiberias. But taken into account how much work and how many people worked on Gibbys and Herisheys list, it is safe to say that there are some minor things to discuss about, but all in all it represents the overall competetive state of NW quite well.
[close]

I agree with you Nosswill

Spoiler
The reason why Nosswill and Clash are in a higher tier kinda makes sense so I don't understand the confusion.
Whilst Nosswill and Clash might have the same type of era rating as you had (top 10 in one era), they kept playing and picked up some medals here and there afterwards as well. They might not have been considered top 30 players during the time after their peak, even though that is always highly subjective, but they continued playing and therefore kept popping up in the tournament archive of Tardet and Tiberias after their "peak era". This archive is what was mostly used for this list as seen here:
Resources
The primary resource for this list is Tardet and Tiberias' tournament archive, which we are very grateful for being given access to.

It thus makes sense that they will have a higher rating. Where they had a peak where they reached top 10 in an era, and kept playing and thus kept appearing in tournaments. You reached top 10 in an era and stopped playing. You argue "how can you say that I wouldn't have kept playing at this high level", but at the same time I could argue "how are these list makers going to be able to evaluate your skill through periods where you didn't play". You can hardly expect them to pretend like you would've kept up the same level as you had back then when you weren't around to show it.
[close]

I never said "how can you say that I wouldn't have kept playing at this high level", it was just an example. My point was not to evaluate skill through periods where a player did not play. As it is an unknown how they would of performed if they decided to stay or could stay.

In terms of tourneys won, I suppose that's also not the best way of recording individual skill. So for example, if you put any tier 1 player in a shit team (aka they play with their friends), they will never win anything because 1 player cannot carry the whole team therefore does that make tier 1 player a bad player because they did not win anything? Saying all this, tourneys won is the only way of judging an individuals skill I suppose... I personally cannot think of another way of recording someone skills apart from their tourney achievement...

Spoiler
To be fair to Manda he did play the occasionally tournament for TBE even in 2017/2018 and now he is playing again however on the contrary he was never regarded as a top 20 player during those times.

I would say for Tier 2 you have to have to have a decent amount of tournament wins across a couple of different years, all-time is always going to be biased towards longevity not raw skill or talent as there is no point comparing that across eras (later will always be better).
[close]

I agree with everything you said there Golden. but apparently, I do not need to be top 20 to be in tier 2... You have to be top 40 according to Herishey's comment earlier.  I was even in GB team in 2018 (even though I left the game again as soon as I got into the team (My Bad)) .

In regards to longevity then the list is not "All Time Player Ranking" it is more like "All Time Tourney Winners" as it simply demonstrates how many tourney they have won throughout the duration of their time on NW.  As you rightly said, later era's will always be better than the older ones due to them bring new styles to the game.

against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline R1bazZz

• Major
  • Cyborg on duty
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Marco
« Reply #1308 on: April 08, 2021, 08:26:26 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Because all those people appear in more than one era. Longevity was taken into account as well as other factors (it says at the bottom of the thread).

[close]

Thing is I don't know why you're using me as a comparison when even though I wasn't as active I used to be back in the days, I still won tournaments here and there (RGL with 85e, NWWC in 2017). I'm sure you would have better understood my case if you did bother to check the past tournaments results in 2020-21 beforehand.

He is using you as a comparison because you both are in top 10 in one era only. Pretty self-explanatory if you ask me.
Yeah that side makes sense but the eras were only used in relation to the all time in a few ways. E.g. if you were top 10 in 2 eras you instantly go to tier 1, if you were top 10 in one era you're instantly into tier 4 or above, etc (this excludes the early eras in some cases if those players were not active after).
[close]

Just to point out some eras are longer than others, I.e. if there was an era for 2015 and 2016, I probs would of made it to top 10 in both era then somehow that would automatically make me tier 1. That does not seem right to me. Doing it by year would of been more consistent and fair.

The fact you took activity into consideration makes things very debatable and very hard to judge. For example, a player could come to NW scene, and play competitively for 6-12 month and absolutely dominate the NW scene by winning everything. This player could be the best player to ever play NW but then because he/she decides to quit, after a short period of time for whatever reason, they do not deserve a high tier? In that case, the tiers do not truly represent players skill, does it? Now on the contradictory side, I do see your point, as players activity duration demonstrates for how long and well a player can upkeep their skill which is a fair point however if you refer back to the example I mentioned few sentences back, if a player leaves NW when they are playing well, then who are you/we to change them for how long they would have upkept being in the top 10. This has to be judged based on their prime.

You say all of this is based on facts... but Axiom was not around in 2015-2016... So I am very confused as to why he is on top 30 even. It makes sense to follow a list that was made back in 2015 by Haze, Lebrave and about 7 other players because it was done based on facts back then....  P.S Axiom you are a legend so nothing personal here.

I know it may look like I am moaning about being in tier 3 and not tier 2 and in all honesty there is no way to please everyone with their score (unless we give everyone tier 1 but even then people would probs still complain xD). I just dont agree with methodology used. There is not a lot of consistency here. As I said before, solely based on the front page, I, Nosswill and Clash appeared only once in Era's and therefore I have the same right to claim tier 2 as they do. Now you did defend it by saying they were in top 40 in other era's but solely based on the front page.. there is no top 40... so that defeats the point you made.

Don't take any of this as an attack on your Herishey, because what you have done here is amazing. This probs took you and others many weeks and hours to do.
If you want a list without any subjective opinion from other players and unbiased stats, you should probably go to the Historia Continuum thread made by Tardet and Tiberias. But taken into account how much work and how many people worked on Gibbys and Herisheys list, it is safe to say that there are some minor things to discuss about, but all in all it represents the overall competetive state of NW quite well.
[close]

Spoiler
Resources

[close]

I never said "how can you say that I wouldn't have kept playing at this high level", it was just an example. My point was not to evaluate skill through periods where a player did not play. As it is an unknown how they would of performed if they decided to stay or could stay.

In terms of tourneys won, I suppose that's also not the best way of recording individual skill. So for example, if you put any tier 1 player in a shit team (aka they play with their friends), they will never win anything because 1 player cannot carry the whole team therefore does that make tier 1 player a bad player because they did not win anything? Saying all this, tourneys won is the only way of judging an individuals skill I suppose... I personally cannot think of another way of recording someone skills apart from their tourney achievement...

Spoiler

[close]

I agree with everything you said there Golden. but apparently, I do not need to be top 20 to be in tier 2... You have to be top 40 according to Herishey's comment earlier.  I was even in GB team in 2018 (even though I left the game again as soon as I got into the team (My Bad)) .

In regards to longevity then the list is not "All Time Player Ranking" it is more like "All Time Tourney Winners" as it simply demonstrates how many tourney they have won throughout the duration of their time on NW.  As you rightly said, later era's will always be better than the older ones due to them bring new styles to the game.
Dont cry mandarin, ill teach u some stuff tonight, dw soon ull reach top agin !
Also @Ribaz. I think you can take Zenon's title as biggest statue
ngl Ribazz is the glue that holds this community together

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wódka jest fajna
« Reply #1309 on: April 08, 2021, 08:28:28 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

[close]

[close]

Spoiler
Resources

[close]

Spoiler

[close]

pls stop, clash and nosswill have been top players since 2012-2013, they're not an exemple of how many tournaments they have won, they just won in differents eras

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 08, 2021, 08:34:04 pm »
The discussions on these ranking topics lol
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline MaNdar1nch1k

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 08, 2021, 08:37:23 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

[close]

[close]

Spoiler
Resources

[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Dont cry mandarin, ill teach u some stuff tonight, dw soon ull reach top agin !
[close]

me no want top plus you noob.

against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Lonedoge.

• Second Lieutenant
  • thanks to fellow artmaster higen for the signature
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1312 on: April 08, 2021, 10:04:44 pm »
i want higher tier

Offline RedFeu

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: idol of Lebrave
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1313 on: April 08, 2021, 10:12:05 pm »
Grouped for all-time teams allo

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #1314 on: April 08, 2021, 11:33:07 pm »
Grouped won a few tournaments (I think) of 1000, so with all due respect to that team I don't think it belongs on the current list.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 08, 2021, 11:35:17 pm »
Please tell me this is jock

Offline RedFeu

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: idol of Lebrave
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1316 on: April 09, 2021, 12:09:57 am »

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #1317 on: April 09, 2021, 10:11:52 am »
Tournament wins have nothing to do with it, there are several players on the list that won none. As I've said a thousand times the criteria is at the bottom of the thread. It's an all time list of course longevity has to be taken into account and not just you're ability at any given time lmao. You have to be braindead to think otherwise and I didn't think you were Manda.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline LeBrave

• Major
  • still better than you
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FRA
« Reply #1318 on: April 09, 2021, 02:34:02 pm »
Mandarin, i can understand you and you was in the top5 in 2015-2016 and it's why you are in the tier 3 and not 5. However you played at top level only on a short moment and you never won 1V1, 2V2 or NWWC. You played for ukraine and UK and no medals. No one podium on 1V1 tournament. I think that a big part of why you are not tier 1 or 2.

In my logic you should not be in top tiers but some others players too ;)
1x Duel Champion (5x podiums)/ 5x NWWC champions / 74x tournaments finalists

1vs1-10vs10 champion and 3x golds RGL L1, 4x golds NWGFL L1 and 1x gold NLC.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #1319 on: April 09, 2021, 02:38:44 pm »
I won a duel tournament and I'm the French version of you so you can't be talking about me LeNoob!
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.