Author Topic: Reenactment Pictures.  (Read 104259 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Reenactment Pictures.
« Reply #750 on: April 04, 2016, 10:23:33 am »
I cried a little when I saw the photos of dismounted Brunswich hussars storming the walls in parade uniforms.

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #751 on: April 04, 2016, 12:28:04 pm »
I cried a little when I saw the photos of dismounted Brunswich hussars storming the walls in parade uniforms.
That's something that I'd love to see but like you would probably cry a little

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 04, 2016, 03:14:53 pm »
Start crying
[close]

Why is a French officer helping the British put up a ladder? Why does he have a British trooper sable? Why does he have a tricolour sash? What is he portraying?
[close]

Now you're just taking the piss
[close]

Sabrehooks were invented to avoid your sabre trying to move up your ass. They shouldn't drag over the ground.
[close]

Storming a wall in parade uniform, because looking pretty is more important then surviving the war
[close]

It's close to a miracle his uniform or his dangling sabre didn't catch on to something
[close]
an extra shot, just for fun
[close]

I'll be honest and admit that I once did dismounted cav at a small re-enactment, but at least I'm decently ashamed of that now.

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 04, 2016, 04:01:41 pm »
*Weeps heavily* Oh god the pain!

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #754 on: April 04, 2016, 04:09:08 pm »
The first photo is actually great Duuring.  Got to love brunswickers.

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #755 on: April 04, 2016, 04:13:03 pm »
I had a 10 seconds cardiac arrest. So many things just don't make sense  :'(

Btw my attention got caught in the last pictures by the Voltigeur :
-his "porte baionette" is not historical and I don't even understand what it is...
-his overcoart really has a yellow collar ?
-why the hell he is armed with a woodstick :D

And it happened that dismounted cavalry men came to attack a fortified position, but not in parade uniforme...

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 04, 2016, 04:57:05 pm »
Please more pictures of that event

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #757 on: April 04, 2016, 05:26:56 pm »
You have asked for it.

Maybe you now understand why I said that the 69e was the only good looking French group. Anyway, I only commented on pics that Duuring did not post yet.

What the fuck is this?
Spoiler
[close]

Even worse. Look at this. Not a single dude has a backpack. But for the 69. The guy leading them has no leatherworks whatsoever and carries the gun in the wrong hand. Why do you put the guy with the pokaelm in the front line? Why do half of the guys wear modern shoes without anything to hide them (i.e. gaitors). Not saying that modern shoes are good, but at lest try to hide them. Looking at the 69e, it seems that they are in "attention" (do not know how to say this), but no one else seems to care about it?
Why are the genie (red guy in the center) in the center of the line? Shouldn't they be on the right? Why do none of the drummers of the 45 have shakos? Why are they in parade dress, but without backpack? Why is the trouser for the 85 guy brown? Why does he have this greatcoat open like a retard? Just noticed that there is a guy with a yellow-green "grenade" pompom in the center of the line. What does this mean? If he is light infantry he should be to the left. If he is line inantry he should have a different pompom.
Maybe I am wrong, but aren't some of the 45 wearing their white shako thingies (i forgot the word, you know this things that hang down the shako) backwards?

And a point about the 69e. I hate those greatcoat sacks. I do not think that they are historical and I hate the look of them. But other than that they look fine to me. A bit to clean, but whatever.
Spoiler
[close]

Another thing. What the fuck. Everything here looks wrong. That cartdrige box polished with modern shoe polish is also giving me cancer... Also please decide. In whites or in Blue. you can not do both.
Spoiler
[close]

Where is your hat? Did it fall off?
Spoiler
[close]

This is the thing I hate the most about british reenactment. PLASTIC EVERYWHERE
Spoiler
[close]

I do not have a problem with women reenacting soldiers, as long as they try to make it less obvious that they are female. But what the heck is this?
Spoiler
[close]

I know you are maybe new etc... But still no excuse for the gun not being in "half cock"
Spoiler
[close]

The same. Seriously. Someone should have noticed by now. Where is the guy that is commanding them?
Spoiler
[close]

Is there any reason for him to throw the sabre down the wall?
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 05:33:17 pm by Olafson »

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #758 on: April 04, 2016, 05:33:47 pm »
I can see in one line that some are wearing pokalems, while others are wearing shakos and some are wearing greatcoats while others are not. Should an infantry regiment be as irregular as this? And they are from the same regiment (85th).

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 04, 2016, 05:36:49 pm »
No. This is what I do not understand either. Either all go in blue, all in white or all in greatcoat. It would be super uncommon in a battle or in a parade to be able to wear what you want. You maybe do that on the march, or in the camp (but even there you need to follow the regulations), but you would not do it in this case.

If everyone has a greatcoat, go in greatcoat. It makes more sense anyway. Most of the time people would do stuff in their greatcoat. Why get your parade gear dirty...
About the pokalem, he should be standing in the 2nd line, somewhere where no one can see him. Instead he is in the front rank. No reason for that.

About the exercise, as far as I can remember. Though I am not sure if it is official regulations, the "Drill Inspector" that is doing the exercise for the day and all higher ranking officers wear blue with a shako during training. Only the normal ranker wears white with pokalem.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 05:40:57 pm by Olafson »

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #760 on: April 04, 2016, 06:51:59 pm »

Maybe I am wrong, but aren't some of the 45 wearing their white shako thingies (i forgot the word, you know this things that hang down the shako) backwards?

In french, "cordon-raquette". But it makes no sense to wear it during an exercise, considering it's a parade item. Was sometimes wore in great battles but 99% of the time in the backpack...

And a point about the 69e. I hate those greatcoat sacks. I do not think that they are historical and I hate the look of them. But other than that they look fine to me. A bit to clean, but whatever.

They are saving the day yep, and firstly by their attention when everyone seems to be kids. But indeed their greatcoats are not historical, moreover for voltigeurs in a line regiment.

Another thing. What the fuck. Everything here looks wrong. That cartdrige box polished with modern shoe polish is also giving me cancer... Also please decide. In whites or in Blue. you can not do both.
Spoiler
[close]

And the musket banderole on the right. The guy with the polished cartrige box has his bayonet on the wrong side : considering he has a sabre briquet, it should be with it.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 04, 2016, 07:30:40 pm »
About the "cordon-raquette", yes it is a parade item and I have complained about it earlier. They should obviously not have it at all, but if they wear it, wear it correctly!

Actually I have read that every soldier, including the ones that carry Sabre Briquets  carry their bayonet on the right side, on the Cartridge box sling.
Besides that... Soldiers would have their bayonet attached to the musket 99% of the time anyway.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #762 on: April 04, 2016, 07:57:18 pm »
Reminds me of something that happened last year. My unit was doing a drill and we had a little rest for 10 minutes. So I was watching another unit do a drill, a Scottish unit. One of their guys had the hammer of his musket FULLY COCKED and his frizzen open! And his sergeant kept walking past, correcting the line but he didn't say anything about the position of the guy's lock. This went on for 10 minutes straight, all the while I and some other people from my unit were almost placing bets on how long it would take for somone to notice. Eventually nobody said a thing and after a while I saw the guy walk back to camp, still with his hammer on full cock and his pan exposed.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 04, 2016, 08:19:45 pm »
Also this is making me  :'( so hard right now

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 05, 2016, 11:32:41 pm »
Even if some of the items of the 69th aren't accurate (I know for a fact that their habites are wrong), they have a serious attitude that puts them well ahead of other regiments. Great if you have historical accurate items, but wearing them in a wrong way or at wrong times still makes the entire picture wrong.

Greatcoats are love, greatcoats are life.