Author Topic: [RGL3] Main Thread  (Read 134266 times)

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 3)
« Reply #270 on: August 02, 2016, 09:54:13 pm »
It's probably worse if double reggers are in a comp and non-comp reg. It shows the reason why they are in their respective regiments, i.e. they are in the comp regiment for comp matches (so theyre more likely to only attend the comp matches of that regiment. Likewise they are in a non-comp, more relaxed regiment because they want to be in a regiment that is simply more about the regular, casual linebattles. Obviously this is all just a generalisation and doesn't apply to all double reggers, but how can we make an exception for some double reggers and not for others? It would be incredibly difficult to track every double regger and what regiments they are in, so as to ensure that they in those regiments for the right reasons.
And what is wrong with that? Real problem is people that invite for multiple regs in RGL.

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 03, 2016, 12:33:31 am »
Who against Who: 18e vs K-KA
Date: 07-08-16
Time: 7gmt
Referee (If chosen): None

I Can take it.

It's probably worse if double reggers are in a comp and non-comp reg. It shows the reason why they are in their respective regiments, i.e. they are in the comp regiment for comp matches (so theyre more likely to only attend the comp matches of that regiment. Likewise they are in a non-comp, more relaxed regiment because they want to be in a regiment that is simply more about the regular, casual linebattles. Obviously this is all just a generalisation and doesn't apply to all double reggers, but how can we make an exception for some double reggers and not for others? It would be incredibly difficult to track every double regger and what regiments they are in, so as to ensure that they in those regiments for the right reasons.   

First of all: I don't Want to attack you Munj, this Is my objective opinion, not against you Personally. (just to avoid useless Salt)
So you don't Want a Person who plays in a RGL Regiment and for example a Cav or Even another Line one to attend? I completely See your Point that Double regging in case of two RGL regs should be punished, but Wheres the Problem with Double regging in General? How Would you even manage to avoid this, so Many People Are in 2 regs ( I am in a German Artillery Detatchmant Where I Play sometimes and no one Is unhappy about that, wanna disallow me for RGL?)
The RGL shouldnt give Rules to Players which Regiments they should, not Even should, Are allowed to join or Play for. This Is up to the Leaders, Whether they allow it or not. If A Player Manages to attend in both so the Leaders Are happy, Why shouldnt he? Again to Point out, I don't speak of 2 RGL participating Regiments. I just don't understand Where the Problem Is (as Long als No leader has a Problem) attending at 2 Regiments, Some People also Want to perform Different things or "less strict" regiments.
Disallowing this to Players Would damage the RGL's Player attendence. Even for the other Regiment, When a decision has to be made, it Would be Bad since they lose members.
Kinna Useless since you cant Force People to Play only in one reg and if you do you will See the consequences, pretty unrealistic to force this.
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #272 on: August 03, 2016, 12:45:29 am »
Lone, I think you kind of dont understand the point he was making. His point is we cannot really decide who specifically plays that is a double regger or not. Thats why we are kind of campaigning for a rule that allows us to choose the use of them per event.

The point I brought up was the double reggers the 79e was using. Pancake and Irish themselves said they even had 59th players there including Hypno. I mean Hypno is by no means the best player NW but he is enough to help make a difference right? Even if the 59th is not a RGL regiment they are still a competitive regiment playing multple 1v1's, groupfights and I suppose even 2v2's a week.

Lets take an example. We recently did a match vs K-KA where they had a couple of invites etc. there and I was rather upset about it. Me and Pride had a discussion afterwards about the subject and he agreed that them being there was absolutely pointless as they did not need them to win at all. They are leagues better than the 18e and the 18e should deserve as fair a chance as they joined the event for.

As for your point for "attendance"...Jesus christ if your regiment cannot bring 15 people to an event any day of the week then you should not be here, debatable even being a regiment still.

Oh and as for reffing yes pls :*
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Frittentime

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Frittentime
« Reply #273 on: August 03, 2016, 12:47:33 am »
Lone, I think you kind of dont understand the point he was making. His point is we cannot really decide who specifically plays that is a double regger or not. Thats why we are kind of campaigning for a rule that allows us to choose the use of them per event.

The point I brought up was the double reggers the 79e was using. Pancake and Irish themselves said they even had 59th players there including Hypno. I mean Hypno is by no means the best player NW but he is enough to help make a difference right? Even if the 59th is not a RGL regiment they are still a competitive regiment playing multple 1v1's, groupfights and I suppose even 2v2's a week.

Lets take an example. We recently did a match vs K-KA where they had a couple of invites etc. there and I was rather upset about it. Me and Pride had a discussion afterwards about the subject and he agreed that them being there was absolutely pointless as they did not need them to win at all. They are leagues better than the 18e and the 18e should deserve as fair a chance as they joined the event for.

As for your point for "attendance"...Jesus christ if your regiment cannot bring 15 people to an event any day of the week then you should not be here, debatable even being a regiment still.

Agree

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 03, 2016, 01:03:55 am »
Nick: 18e Col | 45e SoD  O.o
Joke :D

Well You're Right with the attendance Point.

However I think I understood pretty good what Your Point is, I just can't Really retrace it. If I get it Right you have a Problem if a Player Is at 2 Competetive Regiments?
Hypno Is best Nw for sure.
Let's Discuss this later or Even not, I just wanted to Point out that I don't agree with the basical refusing of Double regging. Bye
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
  • Steam name: [63e] Munj
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Cpt_Munj
« Reply #275 on: August 03, 2016, 01:07:36 am »
Who against Who: 66Pp vs 63e
Date: 10-08-16
Referee (If chosen): Don't mind

Offline KOBZIK

• Colonel
  • Сосать, уроды, сосать!!! (с)
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 03, 2016, 01:40:03 am »
Russian inv will save the league
23:05 - 37th | Bodya: what he need will be do ?

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 03, 2016, 01:53:15 am »
Nick: 18e Col | 45e SoD  O.o
Joke :D

Well You're Right with the attendance Point.

However I think I understood pretty good what Your Point is, I just can't Really retrace it. If I get it Right you have a Problem if a Player Is at 2 Competetive Regiments?
Hypno Is best Nw for sure.
Let's Discuss this later or Even not, I just wanted to Point out that I don't agree with the basical refusing of Double regging. Bye

The fundamental point is that there are so many different types of double regging, some of which one would deem to be 'acceptable' (such as playing for a line regiment twice a week and also playing with a cav regiment three times a week, for example) and other types which are less acceptable or unacceptable (for example double regging for two competitive regiments, one of which is in the RGL and the other which is not). Therefore there will be too many complications and impracticalities of attempting to filter the double reggers into 'acceptable' and 'unacceptable' cases, that it would be more efficient and logical to have a blanket ban on double reggers.

Offline Frittentime

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 03, 2016, 02:08:57 am »
got that

Offline Moussolini

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #279 on: August 03, 2016, 02:16:30 am »

I can probs do it if it's alright with dem kiddos.

Offline Frittentime

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 03, 2016, 02:28:35 am »
got that

i do it lol

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Board Moderator
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #281 on: August 03, 2016, 02:41:47 am »
Russian inv will save the league

da cyka
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 03, 2016, 02:53:46 am »
got that

i do it lol

You can both do it if you want. One of you can type 'r?' and the other one can say 'go' ;)

Offline Frittentime

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 03, 2016, 03:06:33 am »
Sounds good

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doublebread´s husband basically.
« Reply #284 on: August 03, 2016, 04:15:27 am »
everybody want see 63e rekting czech dream ?