Author Topic: [RGL3] Main Thread  (Read 134042 times)

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 3)
« Reply #240 on: August 02, 2016, 03:00:36 am »
Since Dust quit life again, 44th will take their spot! All their matches will be replayed!

Hate to say it but I told you so
nobody is really surprised

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
  • Steam name: [63e] Munj
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Cpt_Munj
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #241 on: August 02, 2016, 03:13:19 am »
Since Dust quit life again, 44th will take their spot! All their matches will be replayed!

But can we actually learn from it this time and not keep on letting him enter into all the competitive leagues just because he has a decent roster of invites and double reggers.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #242 on: August 02, 2016, 03:18:08 am »

But can we actually learn from it this time and not keep on letting him enter into all the competitive leagues just because he has a decent roster of invites and double reggers.
not my decision, i don't know why people don't pay the fuck attention to this phenomenon

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 02, 2016, 03:40:48 am »

not my decision, i don't know why people don't pay the fuck attention to this phenomenon

It's because most people aren't negatively affected by what he does, so even though they acknowledge that it happens and that its shitty, they don't give enough fucks about it to actively go against him. The minority of Reg leaders and players which are affected by it however, try and be as vocal as possible and warn other regiments of the dangers or negative impact which Dust and his so called 'regiments' can cause on competitive leagues/events. Unfortunately most organisers don't observe the long term effects and simply want to fill up their events with 'competitive' regiments, without understanding what the implications of accepting certain regiments will be, or simply just ignoring them.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 03:44:46 am by Munj »

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #244 on: August 02, 2016, 03:42:50 am »
On the topic of double reggers, we have none who double for another RGL regiment, actually people who may have doubled for us in the past are A) Left or B) joined and i believe that we do not have as many as you'd like to think, i can't call any from the top of my head right now apart from 2 59th and a 2/3 68th, who commit just as much time to the 79e as they do the 68th.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 02, 2016, 03:46:34 am »
On the topic of double reggers, we have none who double for another RGL regiment, actually people who may have doubled for us in the past are A) Left or B) joined and i believe that we do not have as many as you'd like to think, i can't call any from the top of my head right now apart from 2 59th and a 2/3 68th, who commit just as much time to the 79e as they do the 68th.

We're referring to the 94th mainly.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 02, 2016, 05:45:49 am »

Besides. Using double reggers even though one of their regs arent in the RGL doesnt make it less of a cunt move.

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #247 on: August 02, 2016, 11:13:12 am »
Perhaps in the future it should be more diplomatic and the league has a 'core' of regiments who are highly respected and/or the regiments classed as the main competitive group vote on whether to allow/disallow smaller regiments into rgl or regiments who have a history of internal problems. Might make it easier to have a more consistent season, yes it may create bias but most sports league adopt the same approach of getting it's members to vote on such matters that accept the league they are in

Offline GovernerPancake

• Second Lieutenant
  • Pancakes <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2016, 11:53:43 am »
 Why is it a cunt move to allow people to be in a competitive regiment and a non competitive regiment? I agree with you if it was 2 competitive regiments, but why is this a cunt move? The events won't overlap and it gives that player some diversity that they want.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 02, 2016, 12:25:50 pm »
Perhaps in the future it should be more diplomatic and the league has a 'core' of regiments who are highly respected and/or the regiments classed as the main competitive group vote on whether to allow/disallow smaller regiments into rgl or regiments who have a history of internal problems. Might make it easier to have a more consistent season, yes it may create bias but most sports league adopt the same approach of getting it's members to vote on such matters that accept the league they are in

The regiment leaders had a vote, to decide whether they wanted the Spartans or the 94th in the league. The poll was a landslide in favour of allowing the Spartans in and excluding the 94th, but evidently the results were ignored. As I say, this isn't the first time that league organisers have been warned profusely about Dust and still go on to accept him under the pretext of 'making the most competitive league possible'. Well myself and other have said this in the past and say it now; there is no point accepting Dust's regiments simply because they have competitive players because they will always disband, it is inevitable, so in actuality all an organiser is doing is damaging their competition rather than making it more competitive. As I said, I hope organisers actually learn this time.

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
« Reply #250 on: August 02, 2016, 12:50:04 pm »

The regiment leaders had a vote, to decide whether they wanted the Spartans or the 94th in the league. The poll was a landslide in favour of allowing the Spartans in and excluding the 94th, but evidently the results were ignored. As I say, this isn't the first time that league organisers have been warned profusely about Dust and still go on to accept him under the pretext of 'making the most competitive league possible'. Well myself and other have said this in the past and say it now; there is no point accepting Dust's regiments simply because they have competitive players because they will always disband, it is inevitable, so in actuality all an organiser is doing is damaging their competition rather than making it more competitive. As I said, I hope organisers actually learn this time.

They weren't ignored, but 44th said they don't want anymore closely after the poll. The poll was about who will took the last place
So Spartans took the last place and 44th made a place then for 94th after leaving, because, honestly, Dust's Regiments live for at least some months and with a free spot I don't see a point why disallowing them to play, only because some don't like him/his regiments.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 02, 2016, 01:00:38 pm »

They weren't ignored, but 44th said they don't want anymore closely after the poll. The poll was about who will took the last place
So Spartans took the last place and 44th made a place then for 94th after leaving, because, honestly, Dust's Regiments live for at least some months and with a free spot I don't see a point why disallowing them to play, only because some don't like him/his regiments.

Actually the 94th weren't the only ones in contendership for the 44th's spot. The 79e was also being considered but at the time, and I quote the organisers here, the 79e were 'not as competitive', which is bollocks to be quite frank because the competitive nature of a regiment should only play a certain roll into the decision to let them in, reliability (or predicted reliability), the reg leaders' track records and consistency should play an equal, if not greater part in deciding whether they should be permitted to join. In this case it is evident that the organisers simply compared the 94th's roster with the 79e one and made a decision on the supposed 'pure skill' of the two, rather than fully assessing all aspects of both regiments, before making an objective decision.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Board Moderator
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #252 on: August 02, 2016, 01:34:48 pm »
Trigger master Dust
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #253 on: August 02, 2016, 02:30:13 pm »
Trigger master Dust
Dust more like kokot
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #254 on: August 02, 2016, 03:59:07 pm »
There are 2 topics going on here FYI. I brought up yesterday about whether or not there should be a rule concerning both sides agreeing to double reggers.

I feel as though there should be a rule that would allow a regiment to say "Oh I don't really want you to bring 5+ double reggers that only attend RGL to this event". Reasoning is self explanatory. I mean there was a huge debate about this with Pieter using players with "SoH" tags which werent even in the steam group.

Also Irish and Pancake the 68th play regular groupfight matches so they are competitive.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.