Author Topic: [RGL3] Main Thread  (Read 134075 times)

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
  • Steam name: [63e] Munj
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Cpt_Munj
  • Side: Neutral
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 3)
« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2016, 10:04:05 pm »
Even if no would, you wouldnt find out about everytime when one of your guys is doubleregging in any Regiment, thats really hard to controll.

There are 12 regiments currently in the RGL. The 94th is disbanding (from what I understand, don't take my word on it, just what I've heard from some of their members) and several regiments, as part of their regimental guidelines, don't even allow double regging. This makes the option of having a player double regging for another regiment in the RGL, narrowed down to only a few regiments which they could double reg for.  Therefore it would amaze me if the regiment leaders (from the two regiments involved) could not pinpoint which of their members are playing for another regiment in the RGL, either they are incompetent, or they are allowing it to happen. The chance of a regiment leader not knowing is extremely low and if such a leader feels that they would find it difficult to know who was double regging, then they should alter their regimental guidelines so as to prohibit double regging (at least for members which they use for competitive matches).

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #211 on: July 27, 2016, 10:20:56 pm »
True dis, its obviously hard to control members movements, if people leave and join another that can cause issues sometimes or if people are classed as 'reserves' which lets be honest is just a way  of  most regiments to basically use invites. I mean a 'reserve' should be a player who cannot attend often anymore due to irl issues/technicaly issues/other issues etc. Its quite noticeable that alot of regiments have 'reserves' as players who basically just dont play the game other than comps, now surely thats an invite :p i mean you should really be attending what like 50% of your regiments events to be considered an active member, if you a reserve and are always available but DONT attend simply because its not NWL/RGL then really a reg is just giving that player a free entry card to any comp they play without that player ever having to actually come.

I aint saying every reg does it but its a good amount that have this type of 'reserve' would be nice to see this sorted tho as it does cause complications if you go into a server and see players who you know forewell dont even play for that reg yet can play as they are a 'reserve' of said regiment  ::)

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2016, 02:05:03 am »
Even if no would, you wouldnt find out about everytime when one of your guys is doubleregging in any Regiment, thats really hard to controll.

There are 12 regiments currently in the RGL. The 94th is disbanding (from what I understand, don't take my word on it, just what I've heard from some of their members) and several regiments, as part of their regimental guidelines, don't even allow double regging. This makes the option of having a player double regging for another regiment in the RGL, narrowed down to only a few regiments which they could double reg for.  Therefore it would amaze me if the regiment leaders (from the two regiments involved) could not pinpoint which of their members are playing for another regiment in the RGL, either they are incompetent, or they are allowing it to happen. The chance of a regiment leader not knowing is extremely low and if such a leader feels that they would find it difficult to know who was double regging, then they should alter their regimental guidelines so as to prohibit double regging (at least for members which they use for competitive matches).

bottomline the regs that wants a loophole and intend to cheat with inv/double regers will always claim its an "effort" to keep track of members.

Offline Moussolini

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 28, 2016, 02:21:47 am »
I don't think double-regging will be a major problem, seeing as the 94th is maybe disbanding in the near future and the fact that 17e is no longer in existence.  ;)

Offline Louisss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 28, 2016, 02:39:18 am »
15TH USES INVITESSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2016, 02:58:44 am »
I don't think double-regging will be a major problem, seeing as the 94th is maybe disbanding in the near future and the fact that 17e is no longer in existence.  ;)

Oh snap son ;D ;D

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2016, 03:31:20 pm »
I dont think Reservists are a Problem... As Long as they don't Play for 2 Regiments participating At RGL and aren't Invites it Is no Problem because at all they Are more or less retired Players (as I define Reservists) or players Who don't attend very often, but I don't See a Problem if they only Play for one Regiment in the RGL.

As this seems to be an issue the captains are complaining about, I had an Idea I've already told Rommel about, making some Lists for every Regiment participating. Where they give the names of the Players that Will probably Play the Whole Season (This System Is running for example at NWGFL, there even with the ID's). Changes (Leaving People new People etc) would be told to the organisers or Whoever Is in Charge of this. Would make it kinna easier for all, especially the referees, to avoid Invites. The Number of Players on this List could be limited to 25 or 30. Just an Idea. Wouldnt be that intense to Manage.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:37:52 pm by Lone »
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2016, 04:01:53 pm »
I dont think Reservists are a Problem... As Long as they don't Play for 2 Regiments participating At RGL and aren't Invites it Is no Problem because at all they Are more or less retired Players (as I define Reservists) or players Who don't attend very often, but I don't See a Problem if they only Play for one Regiment in the RGL.

As this seems to be an issue the captains are complaining about, I had an Idea I've already told Rommel about, making some Lists for every Regiment participating. Where they give the names of the Players that Will probably Play the Whole Season (This System Is running for example at NWGFL, there even with the ID's). Changes (Leaving People new People etc) would be told to the organisers or Whoever Is in Charge of this. Would make it kinna easier for all, especially the referees, to avoid Invites. The Number of Players on this List could be limited to 25 or 30. Just an Idea. Wouldnt be that intense to Manage.

12 x 25 = 300 people to manage. Then compare who played with the respective list, then managing the 12 lists. It seems quite intense to me.

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doublebread´s husband basically.
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2016, 07:04:52 pm »
12 x 25 = 300 people to manage. Then compare who played with the respective list, then managing the 12 lists. It seems quite intense to me.

You want to do some kind of white list for RGL or list of player and monitoring them ? You dont know how to spend your time or what :D

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2016, 07:30:15 pm »

You want to do some kind of white list for RGL or list of player and monitoring them ? You dont know how to spend your time or what :D

It would have to be the latter for it to work as Lone described - which is work intense AKA not worth it.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 30, 2016, 01:03:53 pm »

Don't worry. If you save your breath I think a man of your stature can pull it off

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
« Reply #221 on: July 30, 2016, 01:32:13 pm »

Don't worry. If you save your breath I think a man of your stature can pull it off

That probably sounded so cool in Swedish  :'(

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 30, 2016, 10:07:13 pm »

That probably sounded so cool in Swedish  :'(

More like bork börk bork

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2016, 08:39:38 pm »
Just got back home an hour ago, I hope you didnt use up all them spicy memes without me
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Moussolini

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 31, 2016, 08:49:04 pm »
15thYR 15-5 72nd