Author Topic: [RGL3] Main Thread  (Read 133468 times)

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 3)
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2016, 12:37:01 am »
How does the rule regarding the ref going onto a ts to check if either regiment have invites get enforced? just wondering cus it seems our first 2 matches will be/have been reffed by a member of the opposite reg :p not saying any would use invites but im just wondering more out of interest

Offline Rommel

• Major
  • Herr Colonel, Sie wollen uns die Feste nehmen???
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2016, 01:37:04 am »
How does the rule regarding the ref going onto a ts to check if either regiment have invites get enforced? just wondering cus it seems our first 2 matches will be/have been reffed by a member of the opposite reg :p not saying any would use invites but im just wondering more out of interest

When you agree that a referee who is in the regiment of your opponent, you always have the risk that they might use invites. Of course you can go and look at the teamspeak yourself and if you bring evidence that they used invites in the match, the invite will be banned for the entire RGL Season and the referee will be kicked out of the referee staff, because we expect him to prevent any of the two regiment using invites. I recommend to you if you feel unsafe to take a referee that is not from the opposing regiment, even tho I don't think that that would be necessary.

Edit: If you play against a regiment that uses historical names you have the right to insist that the referee checks their teamspeak and/or check it yourself.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 01:39:54 am by Rommel »

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
  • Steam name: [63e] Munj
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Cpt_Munj
« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2016, 03:00:20 am »

When you agree that a referee who is in the regiment of your opponent, you always have the risk that they might use invites. Of course you can go and look at the teamspeak yourself and if you bring evidence that they used invites in the match, the invite will be banned for the entire RGL Season and the referee will be kicked out of the referee staff, because we expect him to prevent any of the two regiment using invites. I recommend to you if you feel unsafe to take a referee that is not from the opposing regiment, even tho I don't think that that would be necessary.

Edit: If you play against a regiment that uses historical names you have the right to insist that the referee checks their teamspeak and/or check it yourself.

If a regiment uses invites both the regiment and the invite should be punished as both are aware that they are breaking the rules. I think it is only fair that if an invite is used, then they are disallowed from further participating in the RGL (as you suggested) but also the regiment who used the invite, should automatically lose the match in which they played the invite 0-20. That way there is a deterrent on both ends.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2016, 09:47:55 am »

If a regiment uses invites both the regiment and the invite should be punished as both are aware that they are breaking the rules. I think it is only fair that if an invite is used, then they are disallowed from further participating in the RGL (as you suggested) but also the regiment who used the invite, should automatically lose the match in which they played the invite 0-20. That way there is a deterrent on both ends.
Thank you added to rules :)

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2016, 11:24:24 am »
Ye all sounds good. Felt it was a bit of a grey area so thought I'd ask. Doubt it will ever happen but you never know :p

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2016, 12:53:04 pm »

Indeed. Why not try to cheat and use an invite when there is no risk of punishment if getting caught. It has happened before and will again unless regs face the risk of getting kicked out

Offline Rommel

• Major
  • Herr Colonel, Sie wollen uns die Feste nehmen???
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2016, 01:33:35 pm »
Obviously every case is different. It is our job to determine wether the regiment itself is responsible or not. As a former CO in a regiment who participated in those types of leagues before, I can say that it's pretty difficult to keep track of every member of the regiment. When the regiment knows about some of their people being invites and use them to get considerably large advantage over their enemy, they, of course, will be punished with an instant 0-20.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
  • Steam name: [63e] Munj
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Cpt_Munj
« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2016, 04:10:15 pm »
Obviously every case is different. It is our job to determine wether the regiment itself is responsible or not. As a former CO in a regiment who participated in those types of leagues before, I can say that it's pretty difficult to keep track of every member of the regiment. When the regiment knows about some of their people being invites and use them to get considerably large advantage over their enemy, they, of course, will be punished with an instant 0-20.

With all due respect, when I'm leading in competitive matches, I know exactly who is in my TS channel and which of those members are in game. Invites don't 'accidently' get played. I really can't see a scenario in which the regiment leader would play an invite and not know that they were an invite. This should be a blanket rule, because by doing what you are suggest and allowing human error to play a role in the determined punishment which the regiment receives for using invites, you are essentially creating a loophole, which makes the whole rule null and void.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:12:22 pm by Munj »

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #203 on: July 27, 2016, 04:33:01 pm »

With all due respect, when I'm leading in competitive matches, I know exactly who is in my TS channel and which of those members are in game. Invites don't 'accidently' get played. I really can't see a scenario in which the regiment leader would play an invite and not know that they were an invite. This should be a blanket rule, because by doing what you are suggest and allowing human error to play a role in the determined punishment which the regiment receives for using invites, you are essentially creating a loophole, which makes the whole rule null and void.
Agreed, it's really not hard seeing who of your guys is playing and unless someone deliberately takes the name of a member and plays under that name you should always know who is an invite and who not.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2016, 05:25:05 pm »

Agreed, it's really not hard seeing who of your guys is playing and unless someone deliberately takes the name of a member and plays under that name you should always know who is an invite and who not.

Invites yes...double reggers are a different situation.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 27, 2016, 05:50:23 pm »

Invites yes...double reggers are a different situation.

Thats why no reg should allow them

Offline Wüstenfuchs

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr12_Lt_Clemens_Friebe
« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2016, 06:30:26 pm »
Even if no would, you wouldnt find out about everytime when one of your guys is doubleregging in any Regiment, thats really hard to controll.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2016, 06:40:17 pm »
Only way is that players of reg give number thingy to col and cols give it to organisator and then he can check.

Offline Wüstenfuchs

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr12_Lt_Clemens_Friebe
« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2016, 07:55:04 pm »
on short notice we had to reschedule our match

Who against Who: 66pp vs 6te Garde
Date: 07/08
Time: 7pm BST
Referee (If chosen): Wüstenfuchs

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2016, 08:55:40 pm »
Even if no would, you wouldnt find out about everytime when one of your guys is doubleregging in any Regiment, thats really hard to controll.