Poll

Could Germany have won on the eastern front?

Yes Easily
2 (14.3%)
No, impossible
6 (42.9%)
Yes But with heavy loss, a pyrrhic victory
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: June 11, 2018, 09:42:55 pm

Author Topic: Could Germany have won on the eastern front?  (Read 13269 times)

Offline Blaze

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blaze
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Could Germany have won on the eastern front?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 11:51:10 pm »
Capturing Moscow would not mean an immediate defeat for the Russians, sure, it would hurt the regime, as well as capturing Stalingrad, but Russia would not capitulate with its comeback potential (numbers, Ural)

True but, it'd put the Russians on a major setback and loss of morale
[5th] alax has changed their name to I give up fuck this.
Blaze has a small peepee, but atleast he doesn't ban me like a manchild

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 11:46:31 am »
If Hitler had made better use of captured Soviet manpower, perhaps.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 08:32:57 pm »
I tested this in HOI4 with Japanese help and it didn't make much of a difference, I still lost as Germany. Japanese simply couldn't get through the Soviet-Mongolian line and my offensive stalled out.

You heard it here boys, proven by conclusive scientific data.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Suns

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2018, 10:53:17 pm »
I tested this in HOI4 with Japanese help and it didn't make much of a difference, I still lost as Germany. Japanese simply couldn't get through the Soviet-Mongolian line and my offensive stalled out.

You heard it here boys, proven by conclusive scientific data.

:/ ive beaten the soviets multiple times in 1941 without japanese or italian or romanian or any axis powers help on the eastern front on the hardest difficulty that isn't conclusive scientific data LOL

hitler could've done a lot of things, labeling the assault as the "liberation of ukraine" would've certainly brought many to the german side usage of captured manpower such as putting them into Andrey Vlasov's liberation army would have also helped

hitler wasn't aware from his generals the army had to resupply every 800km~, he just kept pushing forward

not securing moscow and instead encircling Kiev was also a big mistake, taking moscow would've hurt morale severely

emphasis on pushing southeast to the Baku oil fields would have helped resourceswise

hitler didn't use the immense mustard gas armory the germans had at the time either

hitler didnt listen to his generals and instead believed he could command and set up lines by himself (failure)

many things, russia could've fell their numbers were large but would eventually become obsolete if morale fell

Offline [13thRSC] Beno

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2018, 07:32:29 pm »
Maybe if the other allied had oppended up an western one.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2018, 07:59:19 pm »
Could Germany have won WWII?

Yes, very easily. If they'd not allowed the British to escape at Dunkirk then Churchill would have sued for peace in 1940. The Eastern campaign would have been a walk in the park as a result.

Germany came very close to beating the Soviets in the East too. Hitler knew he needed a quick, psychological victory and he almost got one-had Moscow or perhaps only Stalingrad fallen then the Soviet state would have collapsed.

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 08:02:37 pm »
not securing moscow and instead encircling Kiev was also a big mistake, taking moscow would've hurt morale severely

This man disagrees.
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Sleepy

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: sleepstar
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 09:53:34 pm »

This man disagrees.

Offline Harman

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Pte_Robert_Nicholson
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2018, 01:59:11 am »
If the italians hadn't been such Untermenschen and botched the invasion of greece and hitler had waited to invade yugoslavia. Then barbarossa would've gone ahead earlierand they would've had more time to complete their objectives and might have won the war.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2018, 09:36:46 am »
If the italians hadn't been such Untermenschen and botched the invasion of greece and hitler had waited to invade yugoslavia. Then barbarossa would've gone ahead earlierand they would've had more time to complete their objectives and might have won the war.
nah man, Hitler's army was overstretched, and it didn't help that they were the only competent army in the entirety of the Axis forces.

Offline vanKliff

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hessian Daddy (seeking shelter in the Uk atm)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 32nd_Cdt_James_vanKliff
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2018, 10:01:44 am »
No. The entire Eastern Campaign was the idea of a lunatic and completely doomed from the get go.

Wtf Caz, read to much american history books by the historical view of logistic fuck ups like Halder etc.? Whole point of the eastern campaign was to secure the oilfields in the southern area south of Stalingrad. Just Hitlers Generals were so ridicliously stupid to think that the taking of moscow would capitulate the UdssR and were constantly putting reenforcements to Herresgruppe Nord and Mitte, not to the South.

Stalin on the other hand was too smart for that move and just burned them fields down as soon as german forces got close to the area. He got to win the war with american importoil, powering his massive armoured forces and give them germans a push back to the Vaterland.

OF COURSE FORGET TO MENTION THE MAJOR OIL CRISIS GERMANY HAD TO GO THROUGH during the war. by 1941 already a process of demobilisation in the case of armoured forces would go on in germany, caused by the massive oil problems. (Switching armoured/mechanized Infantry with horses, using horses to pull arty and AT, AA guns etc.)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:06:09 am by vanKliff »
Do you have enemies? Good, that means you´ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Drop ya pants prick

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2018, 11:20:23 am »
No. The entire Eastern Campaign was the idea of a lunatic and completely doomed from the get go.

Wtf Caz, read to much american history books by the historical view of logistic fuck ups like Halder etc.? Whole point of the eastern campaign was to secure the oilfields in the southern area south of Stalingrad. Just Hitlers Generals were so ridicliously stupid to think that the taking of moscow would capitulate the UdssR and were constantly putting reenforcements to Herresgruppe Nord and Mitte, not to the South.

Stalin on the other hand was too smart for that move and just burned them fields down as soon as german forces got close to the area. He got to win the war with american importoil, powering his massive armoured forces and give them germans a push back to the Vaterland.

OF COURSE FORGET TO MENTION THE MAJOR OIL CRISIS GERMANY HAD TO GO THROUGH during the war. by 1941 already a process of demobilisation in the case of armoured forces would go on in germany, caused by the massive oil problems. (Switching armoured/mechanized Infantry with horses, using horses to pull arty and AT, AA guns etc.)
nazi bad commie good

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2018, 03:20:42 pm »

you say im wrong and then you write a paragraph that proofs my point. What a twist
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2018, 03:31:17 pm »

you say im wrong and then you write a paragraph that proofs my point. What a twist
I think that he's implying that if Germany had stocked up on oil a bit more that the war against the soviet union would have been successful.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2018, 03:31:58 pm »
I will repost this Video until eternity
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]