Author Topic: NA All-Time Duelists/Groupfighters*UPDATE*  (Read 157291 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NA All-Time Duelists/Groupfighters
« Reply #1050 on: December 20, 2019, 05:50:47 pm »
Do people like me, pinoy, rune, fireboy, russian,rafal e.t.c play for old gen team or new gen tho. That is the question

What?
Including you as well, we've played in the new gen era longer than in the old gen.

I'd like to see old gens who quit like Ghost, Lithios, Zzehth e.t.c vs true new gens like Yoshie, Jaax, Matt e.t.c

Oh, that's what you mean.

Gen is about where you're from. Boomers don't get to call themselves GenZ's.

Also, I feel that it would only be interesting if we gave guys like that a month or two to completely refamiliarize themselves with the game, adjust to the patch etc., give em time to match the sweat levels.
I am still borderline gen and it makes me sad

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline The Rebel

• Major
  • Drew Lock has a horse cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9/18/14 Never Forget
« Reply #1051 on: December 20, 2019, 06:25:06 pm »
Friendly reminder that NW has almost been out for 8 years and new gens have played longer than old gens who quit in 2015 or earlier

I know Waste, not sure if this was directed at me, but I think Jackie, Zzehth, etc could beat all the new gens.

|Viper|

« Reply #1052 on: December 20, 2019, 11:04:42 pm »
Friendly reminder that NW has almost been out for 8 years and new gens have played longer than old gens who quit in 2015 or earlier

I know Waste, not sure if this was directed at me, but I think Jackie, Zzehth, etc could beat all the new gens.
??? ??? ???

Spoiler
🧢
[close]

Offline DrunkenSpartan

• Sergeant Major
  • Run towards the sound of thunder :P It's more fun.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Fus_Spartan
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1053 on: December 20, 2019, 11:06:32 pm »

Prime yes currently no
It's the same old thing since 1916
In your head, in your head they're still fighting
With their tanks and their bombs
And air bombs and their guns
In your head, in your head they are dying...

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #1054 on: December 21, 2019, 07:57:00 am »

Prime yes currently no
Here's a vid of 4 top old gen players in their "prime" give or take.

Spoiler
[close]

You think they could beat Yoshie, Matt, Jaax, Yoloswag when all four of them were in their prime?

It wasn't directed at you it was towards anyone. And you have been a frequent in the comp scene for a very long time so yes it's okay for you to feel that way but your opinion does not have hardly anything behind it.

Do people like me, pinoy, rune, fireboy, russian,rafal e.t.c play for old gen team or new gen tho. That is the question

What?
Including you as well, we've played in the new gen era longer than in the old gen.

I'd like to see old gens who quit like Ghost, Lithios, Zzehth e.t.c vs true new gens like Yoshie, Jaax, Matt e.t.c
Also, I feel that it would only be interesting if we gave guys like that a month or two to completely refamiliarize themselves with the game, adjust to the patch etc., give em time to match the sweat levels.
It's too bad that will never happen :(

On a side note there are some players I think could easily come back and quickly be at the top again such as Tammo, Jackie, Ghost, Havoc, Mathias and some others. I don't think they would become THE best unless they sweat for a long period of time but they could compete once they learn the new styles.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 08:06:33 am by Waste-Too-Cool »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #1055 on: December 21, 2019, 08:45:13 pm »
Spoiler

Prime yes currently no

Spoiler
[close]

You think they could beat Yoshie, Matt, Jaax, Yoloswag when all four of them were in their prime?

It wasn't directed at you it was towards anyone. And you have been a frequent in the comp scene for a very long time so yes it's okay for you to feel that way but your opinion does not have hardly anything behind it.

What?

On a side note there are some players I think could easily come back and quickly be at the top again such as Tammo, Jackie, Ghost, Havoc, Mathias and some others. I don't think they would become THE best unless they sweat for a long period of time but they could compete once they learn the new styles.
[close]

Nnnn, I'd be real careful about calling that their prime. Their prime era perhaps, but I don't think that was the prime of any of their skill.

If Jackie, Tammo, Ghost, Mathias etc. came back and put in the effort Havoc did when he came back, they would certainly be among the top, Havoc even got back to a point where he ended up winning a duel tournament.
Unfortunately, I really doubt any of those players would come back and put in that level of effort.

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1056 on: December 21, 2019, 09:05:21 pm »

Prime no, currently no

Offline Brian Chiu

• Second Lieutenant
  • DUB BABY DUB
    • View Profile
  • Nick: hairdresser69
« Reply #1057 on: December 21, 2019, 09:28:09 pm »
ngl watching the video is like watching 2 phils fight dead ass no cap. phil plays just like them with the down feints and the occasional sidestep and block chamber. they also dont seem to know people are stunned when they hit the block.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 21, 2019, 09:31:52 pm »
ngl watching the video is like watching 2 phils fight dead ass no cap. phil plays just like them with the down feints and the occasional sidestep and block chamber. they also dont seem to know people are stunned when they hit the block.
That was a massive tournament and you can tell from the chat just how hyped and intense it was for the time.

I still remember all the chatter about it for a while after the event

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
« Reply #1059 on: December 21, 2019, 09:46:18 pm »

What?

Gods VS peasants
Father of the NA Competitive Scene

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 21, 2019, 09:49:28 pm »
Spoiler

Prime yes currently no

Spoiler
[close]

What?

[close]

Nnnn, I'd be real careful about calling that their prime. Their prime era perhaps, but I don't think that was the prime of any of their skill.

If Jackie, Tammo, Ghost, Mathias etc. came back and put in the effort Havoc did when he came back, they would certainly be among the top, Havoc even got back to a point where he ended up winning a duel tournament.
Unfortunately, I really doubt any of those players would come back and put in that level of effort.
Lol havoc was on a yoshie level of sweat and rage.

that duel tournament vs suns was boring as fuck, like 30+ minutes

Offline Brian Chiu

• Second Lieutenant
  • DUB BABY DUB
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 21, 2019, 10:55:49 pm »
Spoiler

Prime yes currently no

Spoiler
[close]

What?

[close]

havoc is special tho he came back and got shit on. he played everyday (i know because he got on NA GF same time as me everyday like jaax) and developed a new style that was super gay. i dont think you can judge old gens on their melee so easily becuase the meta changed alot when russian,godfried and yoshie started getting good. like their personal style also gets put into play. not every old gen can come back and play like havoc did. for example jorge kekw. havoc was a block chamber only down attack guy and s keyed so hard everytime he stabed he would fall off his gaming chair. cwater is legit the only old gen thats good and all rounded but hes gotten super good during the new gen era. like who else thats a old gen has come back and played like a old gen and dominated in gfs and dueling without going through the change cwater and havoc did.

Offline Brian Chiu

• Second Lieutenant
  • DUB BABY DUB
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 21, 2019, 11:03:18 pm »

What?

Gods VS peasants
frag like they do in a gf then you can talk "god". ive only seen you troll in the gf server. yur like the 93rd when you start losing you start trolling and play it off as an excuse. yur defensive style is useless against a team that can just switch off of you and go for your teammates. you are utter trash in a bygone "age" of retards who are delusional. which old gen who hasnt played has come in and dominated against the new gens with their superb style of old gen melee.  thats no one. nickcole can ride yur dick all day long but i guess you prefer jackies.

Offline Professor

• Second Lieutenant
  • hey this is personal text don't look at it
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 87th 87th 87th 87th 87th 87th 87th
« Reply #1063 on: December 21, 2019, 11:19:03 pm »
what even is new meta i just do dipshit animation cancels and shitty kicks
phd in being a fucking idiot

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: December 21, 2019, 11:22:22 pm »
Spoiler

Prime yes currently no

Spoiler
[close]

What?

[close]

havoc is special tho he came back and got shit on. he played everyday (i know because he got on NA GF same time as me everyday like jaax) and developed a new style that was super gay. i dont think you can judge old gens on their melee so easily becuase the meta changed alot when russian,godfried and yoshie started getting good. like their personal style also gets put into play. not every old gen can come back and play like havoc did. for example jorge kekw. havoc was a block chamber only down attack guy and s keyed so hard everytime he stabed he would fall off his gaming chair. cwater is legit the only old gen thats good and all rounded but hes gotten super good during the new gen era. like who else thats a old gen has come back and played like a old gen and dominated in gfs and dueling without going through the change cwater and havoc did.
wow okay brian