Author Topic: The UCC Public Linebattle Server  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
The UCC Public Linebattle Server
« on: July 17, 2013, 03:37:50 am »

The Endless Event for Regiment Rejecters

We aim to provide a friendly, in-and-out server that provides the joys of line battles to those who love them/want to try them out.

Our Grand-Opening is Wednesday, July 17th! Be there!
(Recruitment is not allowed to those who do not qualify; regiments can apply for recruitment rights starting this Sunday)

(work in progress)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 04:46:21 am by Sir Audiate »

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The UCC Public Linebattle Server
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 03:43:11 am »
Sweet

Offline Stevebot

• First Sergeant
  • Master of the NZ 250 ping to every server
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SteveBot
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 05:06:32 am »
It sounds like a good idea but how will the mechanics work? How will you ensure people follow linebattle rules, are organised etc. Maybe have it password protected, and have a teamspeak you join to get the password and organise a line in?
"Kiss my ass and my anus, 'cause it's finally famous"- Nicki Minaj

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 05:54:25 am »
How will the mechanics work? How will you ensure people follow linebattle rules, are organized etc.?

The linebattle's ruleset will be extremely lenient; having strict rules will make it too complicated and little fun. We'll keep it locked when there are no admins present, since the server's functionality is completely reliant on admins. I've seen lines form and function without the specified declaration that the people forming the line are on a (public) linebattle server, as well as public players joining in on lines and operating with them without being in their TeamSpeak. If a player would like to join a line's TeamSpeak, they can do just that, as long as the line they are communicating with has recruitment rights (to avoid loopholes with the recruitment restrictions of the server). We'll be adjusting the rule format as time goes on, so we'll get to see first-hand how this will work out. If something needs adjusting, we'll be sure to adjust it.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 06:09:41 am »
That's interesting, I've seen it done a few times before. This should be a great server if it stays up long enough.

Offline Mathias

• Captain
  • 1st place 1v1 and a little more since I forgot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 07:20:46 am »
That's interesting, I've seen it done a few times before. This should be a great server if it stays up long enough.
Apparently my friend this is just what we need for our regiment considering our measly attendance today....  :-[

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 09:14:08 am »
 As said, you may only recruit on the UCC server(s) if you have recruitment rights. So don't try it. We're going to only be operating the server when admins are on, so don't try sneaking any recruitment messages past them. Menelaos, I know you run a tight ship, but this message goes out to everyone as a whole.

If you mean that you could get good attendance on this server with public players joining in, that fits perfectly, given that the 44th is unofficially unknown as the "44th Band of Mercenaries." <3

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 04:28:37 pm »
Yey my birthday.

Offline Mathias

• Captain
  • 1st place 1v1 and a little more since I forgot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 06:58:29 am »
As said, you may only recruit on the UCC server(s) if you have recruitment rights. So don't try it. We're going to only be operating the server when admins are on, so don't try sneaking any recruitment messages past them. Menelaos, I know you run a tight ship, but this message goes out to everyone as a whole.

If you mean that you could get good attendance on this server with public players joining in, that fits perfectly, given that the 44th is unofficially unknown as the "44th Band of Mercenaries." <3
Oi we finally bolstered our numbers back up to 15 men per event and the only time we ever had Mercs were during the beginning of our regiment!