Author Topic: List of best Galactic Regiments in order  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Hugonaut

• Donator
  • He that cannot obey cannot command -B. Franklin
    • View Profile
    • 29th Worcestershire
  • Nick: 29th_Col_Hugonaut
  • Side: Union
List of best Galactic Regiments in order
« on: December 08, 2020, 08:23:53 am »
So here's my list of top MM-2015 all time best regiment in order.

Thundersnow's 00th Intergalactic Space Regiment
 For literally controlling the galaxy and killing us, and his own men for nothing more than sport.

Noting follows

« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 08:35:36 pm by Hugonaut »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The OG 29th and me.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 09:24:17 am »
I have read through the post to get a general idea of what you meant. I will take the bait if it's a troll attempt although it seems pretty serious to me. I am not from NA, therefore, I might not understand everything about the community there but I have been around enough in the EU one to draw some parallels which you may find useful.

- The lists are made by the competitive community, by people who evidently belong to it. The NW community as a whole is far more diverse, I'd even argue that throughout the near-decade we have been playing this game, the 'casual' community largely outnumbered the competitive one in term of events played and people attending them. The main difference between both is the competitive community is by definition gonna be more involved in the forums, especially in certain areas (sub-forums). They fuel a fire which they have started themselves, the competitive community needs these sort of element (lists, very-competitive oriented events) to maintain a certain level of activity.

- There are a vast number of regiments who have been playing since pretty much the dawn of time but will eventually never make such lists because they never even 'cared' to really try themselves competitively speaking. That doesn't mean they were not 'great' regiments that have helped the NW community immensely, but eventually, when competitive community members are going to make a regimental list, they will rank structures based on the criteria they are familiar with. Yes, melee will take a role, just as much as leadership, consistency, achievements and improvement over a given period. As melee became more and more important over the years, tactical superiority as a regiment (and just not through your leadership) became less and less valued. You can regret it, but it's what it is.

You will eventually see some short-term regiments make a breach in these lists because they won 'this' or 'that' even though they disbanded shortly after. I was in one myself which appears to be in the Top 30 EU regiments of all-time solely because we won one season of a prestigious regimental melee-orientated event. But when you look at it, through our mere three months of existence, we didn't bring much to the community as a whole. We did not create an event, we did not own a public server, we did not contribute to making the community a better, more active place than it was before we were created. It doesn't apply to every competitive regiment, but a lot of them are extremely selfish simply by the nature which led to their birth.

Tl,dr: You don't need the validation from any lists, or the opinion of other players, to know your regiment was a force to be reckoned with. What matters is the opinion of the people who have been in it, what they got from that experience, the people they met, the community you created, the bonds you made over time which sometimes last long after you ceased to exist on NW. Take the list for what they are, the opinion of a small group, ranking such small group based on their own criteria. Once you do that, chances are you don't get bothered by reading through these lists and not finding your regiment. Because you know truly within yourself, it was worth the run for the people who have been part of it.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 10:05:21 am »
Tl,dr: You don't need the validation from any lists, or the opinion of other players, to know your regiment was a force to be reckoned with. What matters is the opinion of the people who have been in it, what they got from that experience, the people they met, the community you created, the bonds you made over time which sometimes last long after you ceased to exist on NW. Take the list for what they are, the opinion of a small group, ranking such small group based on their own criteria. Once you do that, chances are you don't get bothered by reading through these lists and not finding your regiment. Because you know truly within yourself, it was worth the run for the people who have been part of it.
I'm just going to quote that because I think Tardet just resumed it well. Just care about yourself and what you've given to your own community, that is the most important thing to me.

I am French so I don't know much from the North American community neither, but I don't think It's really different. There will always be forgotten regiments and players in the lists, which is sad for them if they care about the lists. But It's impossible to compare todays regiments and players to 2014 regiments and players. Things have changed, the community also has changed. There are less end less competitive regiments. Today, in the European Community, I'd say there are only between 4 and 6 competitive regiments, and those regiments own 80% of the top europeans players. This part of the forum is just an ego battle between all those top players, top teams and top regiments. I don't think that more casual regiments should care about it as todays community judgements are only based on competitions and tournaments results.

Also, don't forget that things are forgotten through the years... Good regiments in 2014 aren't quoted on FSE anymore, excepted if they still have a few old members still playing in the current regiments or if they won alot of things (in Europe I could take the example of the Nr24, 14e or even 91st).

Just remember yourself the best moments with your friends, that is way more important than other people judgements on FSE!

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 10:54:40 am »
This exactly is why Heri and I were going to add a part for non-comp regiments to the best regiments of all time list on EU. A separate list in no particular order of regiments that had an immense contribution to the community as a whole, without any particular competitive achievements to show for it. Regiments that got new players into the game and trained the people that would go on to win with the competitive regiments, regiments that hosted and admined events, regiments that were around for years and years and didn't just disappear after a year of winning tournaments with a stacked roster. We just never got around to it.

Nock

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 11:12:40 am »
damn

Skaen

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 11:13:15 am »
Why even make lists... Just play and enjoy the game.

You aren't gonna take this list into your grave are you now.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 11:37:49 am »

comp nw is the biggest snoozefest ever, literally every tournament i was close to falling asleep, my best memories in this game is just fuckin about with friends
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Skaen

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 11:44:57 am »

my best memories in this game is just fuckin about with friends
Yes and yes and yes.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 02:08:28 pm »

comp nw is the biggest snoozefest ever, literally every tournament i was close to falling asleep, my best memories in this game is just fuckin about with friends
nice watch bro

This exactly is why Heri and I were going to add a part for non-comp regiments to the best regiments of all time list on EU. A separate list in no particular order of regiments that had an immense contribution to the community as a whole, without any particular competitive achievements to show for it. Regiments that got new players into the game and trained the people that would go on to win with the competitive regiments, regiments that hosted and admined events, regiments that were around for years and years and didn't just disappear after a year of winning tournaments with a stacked roster. We just never got around to it.
I totally forgot about that.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 02:56:54 pm »
write [NA] in the title before doing this, ty
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2020, 03:05:16 pm »
+1'd
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Nock

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2020, 03:45:53 pm »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2020, 04:03:05 pm »
never heard of you or your regiment and didn't read your post but I'm happy for you/sorry that happened
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2020, 04:18:23 pm »
First regiment I ever joined

29th_A_Pte_sleekcrush

Left because I would break pts but was fun overall, joined 00th and ruled the galaxy, can confirm
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 04:20:39 pm by Sleek »
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2020, 04:18:38 pm »
wedont have to do that because we are the superior players
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time