Author Topic: Dedliest Warrior - George Washington vs Napoleon Bonaparte  (Read 24319 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Dedliest Warrior - George Washington vs Napoleon Bonaparte
« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2013, 03:41:56 pm »
Fist fight:

Strength + length =/= victory.

Brains, agility and speed do.

I still think the most import thing in a fist fight is planting your fist in the other persons face with a lot of force.

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
  • Side: Union
« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2013, 04:18:20 pm »
Fist fight:

Length has nothing to do with fights if the other guy knows how to fight well. Im not very tall, just 1.80 and Norwegians are usually taller, but I workout a lot in gym and are considered pretty strong. I have never lost a fair fight, even being smaller than the guys fighting me. Its Strength that is the deciding factor, not height.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2013, 05:24:24 pm »
If you're quick enough, force is rendered unessacary.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Googly

• Second Lieutenant
  • ✭ 𝓡𝓮𝓫𝓮𝓵 𝓨𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓯𝓲𝓮𝓼 ✭
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2013, 05:28:02 pm »
First of all, I'm not born American. Second of all, wtf does that have to do with anything? I actually do take offense to that, because you pretty much just called me an ignorant American. How could I not take offense to that? Washington was tall and strong. Napoleon was short and stocky. Napoleon was schooled in a military academy, Washington was not. But, that doesn't mean anything. Am I not entitled to my own opinion about who would win a fight? I truly do believe Washington would win because of his height and stature. That's all. I really don't see the reason why you said something so ludicrous, guy.

I never used the word ignorant, you're implying that I did but if you read back, that word was not used in my vocabulary. Yes you are entitled to your own opinion but I am as well, so my response was my own opinion of your opinion, you see? And saying Washington would lose is not ludicrous, it's highly likely he would lose hands down due to historical fact.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2013, 05:29:04 pm »
Napoleon would still beat Washington.

I mean, he was an artilleryman! Heavy shit that is.

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2013, 06:53:19 pm »
Fist fight:

Length has nothing to do with fights if the other guy knows how to fight well. Im not very tall, just 1.80 and Norwegians are usually taller, but I workout a lot in gym and are considered pretty strong. I have never lost a fair fight, even being smaller than the guys fighting me. Its Strength that is the deciding factor, not height.

I hope I didn't sound too cocky

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2013, 06:54:19 pm »

Nah bro, trust me. I have a friend from Somalia that is a beast. I am 2x faster than him, but no matter how hard I hit him, he keeps coming towards me like a train. Its impossible to stop him. Speed doesn't help against a guy that barely notices you hitting him :P

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2013, 07:19:45 pm »

Nah bro, trust me. I have a friend from Somalia that is a beast. I am 2x faster than him, but no matter how hard I hit him, he keeps coming towards me like a train. Its impossible to stop him. Speed doesn't help against a guy that barely notices you hitting him :P

I'm not talking about hitting. I am talking about Dodging, countering and tackling.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 13, 2013, 07:44:24 pm »

I'm not talking about hitting. I am talking about Dodging, countering and tackling.

Still, try tackling that guy and you will end up in a hospital. Strength over speed.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 13, 2013, 07:54:05 pm »
Dodge and be quick, they'll be a-falling.

They're off balance when they miss.

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 13, 2013, 08:23:23 pm »

Miss what? You don't go off balance when you give a straight hit and miss. Have you ever fought before or is it me misunderstanding?

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 13, 2013, 08:28:15 pm »

Miss what? You don't go off balance when you give a straight hit and miss. Have you ever fought before or is it me misunderstanding?

It's experience, and physics.

When they hit straight, and you duck (quack), they hit air. Air usually doesn't help you with keeping balance. It's only a short time, but they're off-balance. In that time, kick their kneeholes, or simply tacke/slide them. Guaranteed they will go down, unless they are Really, really good.

And if they do a sideattack, Duck again, and punch them 2 times just below the ribs, a bit to the left or right, you'll punch the air out of their lungs, and if you put your weight behind it, you'll hit, n matter what they can deal with.

Fight dirty, you win.

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2013, 09:26:46 pm »

When they hit straight, and you duck (quack), they hit air. Air usually doesn't help you with keeping balance. It's only a short time, but they're off-balance. In that time, kick their kneeholes, or simply tacke/slide them. Guaranteed they will go down, unless they are Really, really good.

And if they do a sideattack, Duck again, and punch them 2 times just below the ribs, a bit to the left or right, you'll punch the air out of their lungs, and if you put your weight behind it, you'll hit, n matter what they can deal with.

Fight dirty, you win.

Dude, you don't understand. In a real fight, its not just duck away. He comes STRAIGHT at you, one hit and you are down. Even if you hit him, he doesn't mind anything. He just comes at you and it feels like you are poking a train with a stick. Just hit in the air sometimes and get a feel of missing someone, you don't go off balance unless you put your whole weight into it, which you should not do anyway unless a final blow or a certain hit. Just hit straight and no matter you miss, you will never go off balance.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 13, 2013, 09:33:57 pm »
Spoiler

Fight dirty, you win.

Dude, you don't understand. In a real fight, its not just duck away. He comes STRAIGHT at you, one hit and you are down. Even if you hit him, he doesn't mind anything. He just comes at you and it feels like you are poking a train with a stick. Just hit in the air sometimes and get a feel of missing someone, you don't go off balance unless you put your whole weight into it, which you should not do anyway unless a final blow or a certain hit. Just hit straight and no matter you miss, you will never go off balance.
[close]

Huh, most fight I get in, they are mad at me =D.
Then, they think every hit is a cetain one.

But If you have a guy with brains. You have a problem.
Or I suggest Technique.

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
  • Traitor troooollll #BStrongCoony
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2013, 02:42:09 pm »
Am I the only one that thinks it is stupid when the show does battles between comanders and leaders, because there is a difference between being a good leader and a good fighter. The show is soo stupid sometimes I am surprised they haven't done whinston Churchill vs hitler lol