Author Topic: Dedliest Warrior - George Washington vs Napoleon Bonaparte  (Read 24363 times)

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Dedliest Warrior - George Washington vs Napoleon Bonaparte
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2013, 10:19:54 pm »
Well now there's even going to be a deadliest warrior expansion for chivalry...

Offline Bruin

• Sergeant
  • Don't expect much out of me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 84e_SoPV_Bruin
  • Side: Union
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2013, 02:35:38 am »
I think if there was a battle of 5,000 vs 5,000 Napoleon would of came on top.

Offline Googly

• Second Lieutenant
  • ✭ 𝓡𝓮𝓫𝓮𝓵 𝓨𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓯𝓲𝓮𝓼 ✭
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2013, 04:21:54 pm »
I think if there was a battle of 5,000 vs 5,000 Napoleon would of came on top.

I personally believe if it were Napoleon vs Washington in a fist fight, Washington would be so beat up he'd just bleed out on the floor. Sure they were around about the same age, Washington being 45 at the time of the US being made and Napoleon 46 in 1815 but Napoleon still did far more than the US ever did in that time. Plus the French basically bottle-fed America in their early years so I'd expect Washington to bow down to Napoleons greatness.  ;D

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2013, 04:45:21 pm »
How can you compare Napoleons age in his final year of power with Washingtons age in his first?

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2013, 05:03:13 pm »
How can you compare Napoleons age in his final year of power with Washingtons age in his first?

Was wondering the same exact thing. Also, this "fist fight" comparison is bogus as well. Napoleon was 5'6" and Washington was 6'2". You're going to tell me a fat little Corsican can beat up a tall, well-built American? :P However, if it were not for the French, the American War of Independence would have been a British victory. And, even with the superior guerrilla tactics of the American army of the time, Napoleon would still have overcome thanks to great skill at adapting to circumstances, and him having the best light infantry in the world at the time.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 12, 2013, 05:59:55 pm »
. Also, this "fist fight" comparison is bogus as well. Napoleon was 5'6" and Washington was 6'2". You're going to tell me a fat little Corsican can beat up a tall, well-built American?

Napoleon, in his time, was strong, well-build and got into a lot of fistfights at his militairy school. Washington was an aristocrat who was given the job of militia officer because of that. His first campaigns were disasters. His first 'battle' was a surprise attack against thirty Frenchmen, where he killed the commander in cold blood. His second and basicly his first major battle resulted in a complete defeat with him surrendering. Good start.

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 12, 2013, 06:42:07 pm »
Definitely Boney.

Offline Googly

• Second Lieutenant
  • ✭ 𝓡𝓮𝓫𝓮𝓵 𝓨𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓯𝓲𝓮𝓼 ✭
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2013, 07:31:05 pm »
. Also, this "fist fight" comparison is bogus as well. Napoleon was 5'6" and Washington was 6'2". You're going to tell me a fat little Corsican can beat up a tall, well-built American?

Napoleon, in his time, was strong, well-build and got into a lot of fistfights at his militairy school. Washington was an aristocrat who was given the job of militia officer because of that. His first campaigns were disasters. His first 'battle' was a surprise attack against thirty Frenchmen, where he killed the commander in cold blood. His second and basicly his first major battle resulted in a complete defeat with him surrendering. Good start.

Exactly. Then again, and no offence here kpetschulat but it's kinda obvious that being an American you'd defend Washington and call Napoleon, one of the greatest military leaders in history 'a fat little Corsican' compared to Washington who was basically a farmer turned rebel. xD

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2013, 09:11:36 pm »
As said, Napoleon was a General that had rised through the ranks. He had seen some shit and fought fist fights several times while being drunk or whatever in the Academy and in his time as being a low ranking officer. Also, he was not small, he just looked small compared to his Old Guards that was at least 1.85 tall (If I remember correctly).

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2013, 06:20:17 am »

Exactly. Then again, and no offence here kpetschulat but it's kinda obvious that being an American you'd defend Washington and call Napoleon, one of the greatest military leaders in history 'a fat little Corsican' compared to Washington who was basically a farmer turned rebel. xD

First of all, I'm not born American. Second of all, wtf does that have to do with anything? I actually do take offense to that, because you pretty much just called me an ignorant American. How could I not take offense to that? Washington was tall and strong. Napoleon was short and stocky. Napoleon was schooled in a military academy, Washington was not. But, that doesn't mean anything. Am I not entitled to my own opinion about who would win a fight? I truly do believe Washington would win because of his height and stature. That's all. I really don't see the reason why you said something so ludicrous, guy.

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2013, 07:05:40 am »
Typical ignorant American response to being called an ignorant American.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2013, 07:30:54 am »
Docm30 is here to save the day with his unneeded two cents. ;)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 13, 2013, 09:36:58 am »
First of all, I'm not born American

You claimed to be an American on so many occassions; Every time it suits you, you were American. Every time it doesn't suit you, like now, you suddenly are a German. It's so funny...

Back on-topic.
Height doesn't decide a fistfight. Napoleon was schooled in a militairy school where, according to himself, fights and scrambles were normal days business. Washington was home-schooled, and most importantly, a pampered aristocrat. The very fact he became a general was not because he was so good (Had he even won a battle before the revolution?) but because his family had connections.

I'm not saying Washington couldn't have won, or that you aren't entitled to your own opinion, but you came up with silly and basicly untrue arguments to back that 'opinion' up.

Wondering, what's the biggest army Washington ever commanded in the field? Also, I believe Washington used the same old tactic of focus on infantry that was employed by every major power in the Americas?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 09:40:29 am by Duuring »

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 13, 2013, 10:15:25 am »
I believe the largest army Washington commanded in battle was the 15,000 men he had at Brandywine, where the Americans were decisively beaten by a similarly sized British force.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #149 on: September 13, 2013, 03:18:06 pm »
Fist fight:

Strength + length =/= victory.

Brains, agility and speed do.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.