Author Topic: Mod Loading Problem (Please Advise Me of a proper solution)  (Read 2383 times)

Offline dukeofwellington

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube: ImperialisticGaming
  • Nick: Imperialist
  • Side: Union
I played this mod all of the time before but recently as of February this year I had to do a fresh re-installation of my Steam games. When I did this and downloaded the latest AZW it loaded and everything was fantastic. But after that I can no longer load the mod. You see, I get stuck on 'Loading Textures' and it never goes anywhere passed that, as if it has crashed, but the task manager says it is running properly. To get out I have to delete the task in the manager. To be able to play I have to completely uninstall AZW and re-install it to make it load. It is not just 'slow' (An example is N&S which can load quite slowly) I waited an entire 40 minutes and actually went to do other things and it still never loaded any further.
Please, does anyone have any reliable fixes I may try?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 08:20:30 pm by dukeofwellington »

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Mod Loading Problem (Please Advise Me of a proper solution)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 07:11:07 pm »
I played this mod all of the time before but recently as of February this year I had to do a fresh re-installation of my Steam games. When I did this and downloaded the latest AZW it loaded and everything was fantastic. But after that I can no longer load the mod. You see, I get stuck on 'Loading Textures' and it never goes anywhere passed that, as if it has crashed, but the task manager says it is running properly. To get out I have to delete the task in the manager. To be able to play I have to completely uninstall AZW and re-install it to make it load. It is not just 'slow' (An example is N&S which can load quite slowly) I waited an entire 40 minutes and actually went to do other things and it still never loaded any further.
Please, does anyone have any reliable fixes I may try?
You waited 40 minutes for AZW:R to boot up? You may have the pre-game Configure options of Load Textures on Demand and Use Pixel Shaders off then, when both should be on probably. Force Single threading may or may not help as well. I've had the problem of a mod not loading for a long period too, I just relaunch and check pre-start Configure menu settings. Load Textures on Demand really helps for large mods and is essential for GB big mods like AZW:R and N&S.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 07:14:17 pm by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline dukeofwellington

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube: ImperialisticGaming
  • Nick: Imperialist
  • Side: Union
Re: Mod Loading Problem (Please Advise Me of a proper solution)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 02:56:29 am »
Thank you usnavy30 for you're advice. It worked splendidly :)