16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 980112 times)

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #19 Pistols, Sentinels and Stormtroopers)
« Reply #1665 on: September 02, 2013, 08:26:37 pm »
Oh, I'm not arguing against adding the U.S, I'm just pointing out that the uniforms were nearly identical.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #19 Pistols, Sentinels and Stormtroopers)
« Reply #1666 on: September 02, 2013, 08:31:40 pm »
Oh, I'm not arguing against adding the U.S, I'm just pointing out that the uniforms were nearly identical.

Sort of, but not quite...
[close]

All the better reason to embed them into the Commonwealth faction...

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #1667 on: September 02, 2013, 11:09:22 pm »
A thought occured to me about what music will play in the background for this mod if it is going to change the NW music track and I would like to make the suggestion of this song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNcdexT6SBI
This is merely a suggestion so if anyone doesn't like it please refrain from insults.

Offline Miller

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: September 02, 2013, 11:22:56 pm »
very awesome rigadoon  ;)

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1669 on: September 03, 2013, 01:37:37 am »
There was such standardization in the Commonwealth Army it would be the same units all over.

In the 1916-17 period, the CEF wore two pieces of British uniform, the helmet (which they painted differently) and the P08 equipment, though they used a modified Canadian version. Their tunic was very different, more different from the British tunic than the American one was. They wore different trousers, breeches, boots, caps, greatcoats, underwear, riding coats and more. It was the same story for the Australians, who wore probably the most different tunic of all, plus different hats (obviously; the slouch hat defines them), trousers and even a completely different set of equipment called the Pattern 1915, which was made of leather.

They both used different weapons from the British, as well.

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
« Reply #1670 on: September 03, 2013, 02:52:42 am »
It's outside of our time frame. But we aren't against expanding the mod's time frame in the far future. So it's possible.
Okay, thanks for responding! :D

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #1671 on: September 03, 2013, 02:54:54 am »
Don't see the problem with adding two American classes to the Commonwealth faction. Like a Soldier and a Marine. Just give them american sounding battle cries.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #1672 on: September 03, 2013, 04:09:10 am »
yea thats true but in 1916 the only continents that partipicated was Europe and asia

Asia = ottoman empire

Usa werent in europe until 1917

Japan was in the war also you know.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Pinkamena

• Second Lieutenant
  • En Svenske Tiger.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NyJg_Ov_Rin_Tohsaka
« Reply #1673 on: September 03, 2013, 04:12:52 am »
yea thats true but in 1916 the only continents that partipicated was Europe and asia

Asia = ottoman empire

Usa werent in europe until 1917

Japan was in the war also you know.

Guess what continent Japan is a part of...

If you guessed Asia, you win.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: September 03, 2013, 04:17:31 am »
My point is that he failed to give credit to the nation, it seemed like he thought the Ottoman Empire was the only nation that had land in Asia that was in the war.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: September 03, 2013, 04:24:28 am »
There was such standardization in the Commonwealth Army it would be the same units all over.

In the 1916-17 period, the CEF wore two pieces of British uniform, the helmet (which they painted differently) and the P08 equipment, though they used a modified Canadian version. Their tunic was very different, more different from the British tunic than the American one was. They wore different trousers, breeches, boots, caps, greatcoats, underwear, riding coats and more. It was the same story for the Australians, who wore probably the most different tunic of all, plus different hats (obviously; the slouch hat defines them), trousers and even a completely different set of equipment called the Pattern 1915, which was made of leather.

They both used different weapons from the British, as well.

Oh, my. Uhm... *fixes collar* Er, all the pictures I have seen of British troops, they look the same. Then again, they're black and white.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: September 03, 2013, 04:27:23 am »
Let me see if I can find some good comparison drawings of units...

Edit: Found some pages with various pics

Brits: http://battlefields1418.50megs.com/uniform2.htm

Canadians (These are from 1914 to 1915): http://battlefields1418.50megs.com/uniform3.htm

More Canadians: http://www.canadiansoldiers.com/uniforms/uniform.htm

Various Canadian gear: http://www.captainjacksmilitaria.com/index.php?page=miscellaneous-headgear

British Sentry in 1916:
Spoiler
[close]

Brodie helmet of the 5th US Marine Regiment:
Spoiler
[close]

A P08 Webbing set:
Spoiler
[close]

Australian slouch hat:
Spoiler
[close]

Broody Helmet (New Aussie combat helmet):
Spoiler
[close]

Aussie Tunic:
Spoiler
[close]

American Model 1917 Tunic:
Spoiler
[close]

Close-up on the 1917's collar:
Spoiler
[close]

Two Doughboys standing at attention:
Spoiler
[close]

(For the above 3, copy the image URL and paste it into a browser tab).

That's pretty much everything covering the Canadians, Americans, Brits and Aussies. I dunno if I should look for the New Zelanders.

Also quick question, within the classes of each nation are the subclasses going to have the proper rank insignia?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 05:25:06 am by ClearlyInvsible »

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: September 03, 2013, 04:30:11 am »
Let me see if I can find some good comparison drawings of units...

I'd appreciate it. Nothing like a good history lesson. ;)

Offline Googly

• Second Lieutenant
  • ✭ 𝓡𝓮𝓫𝓮𝓵 𝓨𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓯𝓲𝓮𝓼 ✭
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: September 05, 2013, 11:06:50 pm »
Don't see the problem with adding two American classes to the Commonwealth faction. Like a Soldier and a Marine. Just give them american sounding battle cries.

If anything, add one American class rather than two, seeing as they were 3 years late to the war, not two classes! Cause I'd rather not hear 'US MARINES OOORAAHHH!!!! TEN HUT!!!!!' taking over the battlefields whilst in an event. xD

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #1679 on: September 06, 2013, 12:02:23 am »
Why not? It's not like they said "ten hut" anyways. They're in the battlefield, not the drill field. Only reason to say to not include the Marines is because they were put to action against the Spring Offensive in 1918. However, the U.S. Army had the 1st Division on the front line in October 1917 near Nancy.

Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...