Author Topic: Rugby Thread (Both League and Union)  (Read 3051 times)

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
Rugby Thread (Both League and Union)
« on: January 07, 2015, 09:43:22 pm »
We need a thread for this. I know us League fanatics are few and far apart in this community but I'm sure there's a few Welshmen/Scotsmen/Southern-poofs that like Union too. And a nice Union-League debate is always healthy.

Anyway! I'll start us off with some topic.

from this

[close]
to this
[close]

Can he hack it in Union? Did he go for the money?

Offline Von Alten

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Rugby Thread (Both League and Union)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 01:59:09 pm »
bam
I support le Gloucester Rugby, and am le Union guy.
Spoiler
League is better though lel
[close]
I'm bullying you, 14e became master on bullies

14e_SoP_Alten | 2pp_Fiz_Alten | 1oCaz_Cpl_Alten

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 04:45:57 pm »
Me and Fungus were having this conversation earlier. He thought the Ireland vs Wales game was good. I argued that a game with no trys and decided by penalties is never a good game. If that happened in League the Ref would be shot.

Offline Von Alten

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 05:50:44 pm »
Me and Fungus were having this conversation earlier. He thought the Ireland vs Wales game was good. I argued that a game with no trys and decided by penalties is never a good game. If that happened in League the Ref would be shot.
I found it boring, much preferred the England-Scotland game, had more exciting plays and moments in it.

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 06:24:27 pm »
The England Scotland game was chaotic in the first half, so many errors on both sides, it was like watching amateurs for the first 20 mins.
However both sides really improved their game in the second half, and the stats show why England looked so dominant in regards to attacking.

As for that Ireland Wales match, I regret not watching the first hour live due to being misinformed about the kind of match that was taking place. Minus the odd mistake here and there that game was brilliant, the only reason why so many points were converted from penalties was because of the attacking intent of both teams and the fantastic defending that took place to compensate. I have to agree with Jonathan Davies that was arguably the best match of the Six Nations. But probably only because Ireland's other games had been pretty boring and Wales had played below par up till that match.
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline Crusader

• First Lieutenant
  • EU Senior Admin of NW, Saturday Linebattle Hoster
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_King_Adminborn_Crusader
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 07:15:27 pm »
Will be an interesting finish thats for sure.

England, Ireland and Wales have each won 3 and lost 1 each so from here they all have a chance of winning. If they win all their matches next week (which is likely as the other 3 have had a very poor season) then it will depend on point difference.

+37 England
+33 Ireland
+12 Wales.

Wales have to beat Italy by at least 26 points and they need to hope England lose by a bit.

I reckon Wales could easily win this year, however I reckon Ireland will. They've played absolutely amazing this year. It will be interesting though as it is so close.
I hereby present Crusader with the Blobdominican medal for Bravery above and beyond the call of duty in his role as AdminBorn of the FSE servers. We have also arranged some lovely flowers & a kitten to commemorate the occasion.
Thanks Crusader for all of your work in the community!
[/quote]

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 09:00:43 pm »
26 points?!?!?! That's like 9 penalties!!! Oh wait it's Union... That can be done in one half  :-X

Offline Von Alten

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 09:10:02 pm »
England can, and should, beat france.

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 09:57:16 pm »
Football Thread?
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Liam

• Major General
  • Liam innit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Liam
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 07:18:13 am »
Football Thread?

Comparing Football to Rugby is like comparing Communism to Capitalism.

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 04:31:02 pm »
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Von Alten

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Offline Mannelig

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 6te_Garde_Fw_Mannelig
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 10:54:46 pm »
i wish there would be more rugby in the german television, except some games of the worldcup.

mostly i can only see 1-2 games a year in a pub.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 03:41:41 pm »
I found it boring, much preferred the England-Scotland game, had more exciting plays and moments in it.
For the most part it was just a standard rugby game, but Wales' defence was incredible! When it got up to 30 something phases haha. I find it more interesting to watch a game like that than a completely one sided demolishing of a side, which thankfully doesn't happen so much any more now that Italy and Scotland have improved a bit.

About the England Scotland game, there should have been so many more points in it, but both sides kept fucking up ::)
England will lose on points difference to Ireland, and I will blame it on that game, just not capitalising on opportunities enough.
The last weekend should have some great games though.

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 03:07:11 am »
Just once I'd like to go to a Scotland game and see us win, of the 15 or so I've gone to see, we've only beaten Japan @____@

Maybe we'll pull of an upset against the Irish at the weekend, although I highly fucking doubt it
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.