Author Topic: What is your 5v5 dream team?  (Read 50827 times)

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: What is your 5v5 dream team?
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2019, 05:30:16 pm »
Cpt : Coco_Ayala
Roster:  Padawan, Wolpi, Faisan, Hokej and Higen

or

Team: HHHHH
Cpt: Coco_Ayala
Roster: Hokej, Higen, Hertz, Hypno, Haze
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 05:37:27 pm by corentin_murat »
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2019, 05:56:57 pm »
Considering those tournaments were the only ones with a 5v5 format at that time, yes they kind of mattered and this team actually won quite a lot of them. I don't recall them loosing that much when they participated to a tourney

How would I know ive been playing game as long as you man :)

I don't think so  ;)

Don't think you understood me I said they are not the only tournys that mattered. Just becasue you stopped playing in 2015 or whatever does not make every player after that period and after that tourny irrelevant besides i've been playing the game now longer than evan, mem95, mopin, xeon whatever have ever played so please don't try an argue the whole you are better again.

Offline Nosswill

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nosswill | Nr13
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2019, 07:09:55 pm »
Hekkos 5v5s were like the Majors or Grand Slam tournaments of NW since he was the first one who used the 5v5 format in a tournament and didn't spam his tournaments literally every week like some others did. Even if you leave out the fact that Hekko always tried to make them as professional as possible, the whole atmosphere was different playing in his tournaments. But still in regards of who is better or has the most trophies: It is impossible to compare teams from different "eras", but it is pretty much undeniable that 2013-2015 were the prime years of NW in terms of player amount and activity on FSE. (You have more players= More people who can't block but also more people who were on a "professional level")
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 07:12:11 pm by Nosswill »
Darkcore , the coke of noswill and moskito  .. Is their any places remaining in  your mouth ?
Ausser Exo, der wird gemutet.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2019, 07:31:04 pm »
It's true but the game has massively evolved since then. 2012-2015 is 3 years of playing. 2012-2019 is 7 years. I would argue the skill ceiling has only risen and risen since then. Like it does in every single other game csgo, dota 2 etc. It's fair to say that players have only gotten better and better over time.

There was only a tourny spam in the 2018 period not 2016-2017 tbf. And a lot of the tournaments can be argued to be on the same competitive level as hekkos.

It's simply a fallacy to try and believe that 2012-2015 era players are better if anything they were worse. It's part and parcel  with any competitive game that as it ages the skill level increases. The player base was larger in 2013-2015 but that just means there was more skilled players and more shit players it doesn't mean the more skilled players were better players.

I don't want to compare any players individually or teams from the two eras. Just overall I would say the average player today is better more knowledgeable and skilled than the average player in 2014-2015.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2019, 07:38:56 pm »
No one can really say either playerbase is better or worse. TFFO was a bunch of inactive, old players and we went par for par with FrenchTouch during 2016 and a good part of 2017 with other team names. It's an argument/discussion that is really impossible to settle.

The average skill level has of course gone up but it's hard to compare the top of the top with each-other.

EDIT: Maybe it was 2015-2016 can't really remember was ages ago.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 07:42:18 pm by Herishey »
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Nosswill

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nosswill | Nr13
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2019, 07:49:19 pm »
It's true but the game has massively evolved since then. 2012-2015 is 3 years of playing. 2012-2019 is 7 years. I would argue the skill ceiling has only risen and risen since then. Like it does in every single other game csgo, dota 2 etc. It's fair to say that players have only gotten better and better over time.

There was only a tourny spam in the 2018 period not 2016-2017 tbf. And a lot of the tournaments can be argued to be on the same competitive level as hekkos.

It's simply a fallacy to try and believe that 2012-2015 era players are better if anything they were worse. It's part and parcel  with any competitive game that as it ages the skill level increases. The player base was larger in 2013-2015 but that just means there was more skilled players and more shit players it doesn't mean the more skilled players were better players.

I don't want to compare any players individually or teams from the two eras. Just overall I would say the average player today is better more knowledgeable and skilled than the average player in 2014-2015.
Yeah sure but I personally don't know anyone who played from 2012-2019 and being constantly good. Some people including myself are playing this game since its release but the intensity of playing varies heavily. In school days I was able to play several hours a day, but I also went inactive from time to time, meaning that I was not able to play all these years on a constant level. Most people who are nowadays in the top 10 (if we look at Marxeils list) are "newgens" compared to others except for Moskito and you I guess. But still I agree with you in general in terms of the average skill level. Also my judgement is a little bit biased by all the amazing things people like Jackie or Clash did in their prime. Winning 1v10s like they did is pretty much impossible nowadays even if you play against average enemies.
Darkcore , the coke of noswill and moskito  .. Is their any places remaining in  your mouth ?
Ausser Exo, der wird gemutet.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2019, 07:56:00 pm »
I think Moskito is the only person has been consistently good for such a long time.

|Viper|

« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2019, 07:57:20 pm »
I think Moskito is the only person has been consistently good for such a long time.
Probably RussianFury or Fireboy for NA.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 12:01:15 am by VetroG »

Offline Big Pete

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2019, 07:39:12 am »
No one can really say either playerbase is better or worse. TFFO was a bunch of inactive, old players and we went par for par with FrenchTouch during 2016 and a good part of 2017 with other team names. It's an argument/discussion that is really impossible to settle.

The average skill level has of course gone up but it's hard to compare the top of the top with each-other.

EDIT: Maybe it was 2015-2016 can't really remember was ages ago.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2019, 09:35:44 am »
Axiom Arminius Vorlen Janne Fwuffy

Offline LeBrave

• Major
  • still better than you
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FRA
« Reply #145 on: March 20, 2019, 12:17:07 pm »
2012-2013

jackieChan, ClaSh, Xeon, Evan, Svensson

2014-2015

Evan, Axiom, Mopin , Eddie, LameHorse

2015-2016

Drake, Extazz94, LeBrave, Vade, Peponi

2017-2019

Drake, Extazz94, LeBrave, Maharball, Fwuffy (sub Muha)

I have the same opinion than golden, the players who play actually are better than in 2012-2014 its just logic. The golden âge of nw in term of activity is 2012 2015 yes, but in term of skill i think it was 2017 because some of the best players stoped To play. The players of 2012 who come and say we were better than you are actually a big retard.

Drake was and still the best players of Alm time in gf in duel and in gf captain. In 2015 frenchtouch révolutioned the gf forma in term of strategy etc and the start was the mini nwwc 2015.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 12:28:21 pm by LeBrave »
1x Duel Champion (5x podiums)/ 5x NWWC champions / 74x tournaments finalists

1vs1-10vs10 champion and 3x golds RGL L1, 4x golds NWGFL L1 and 1x gold NLC.

Wursti

« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2019, 12:21:51 pm »
Wursti, Movement, Cookie, Muha, Cr3A

57e ez

Offline ClaSh

• French Pioneer
  • Colonel
  • Opinionated but I'm always spitting straight facts
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Nr.24] hachiman
« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2019, 02:36:40 pm »
The average skill ofc went up, that is logical but I have to disagree concerning top players. I've faced players back in the days that had literally the same skill as you have or even better sometimes but as Herishey said, no one can say which playerbase is better or worse.

Axiom Arminius Vorlen Janne Fwuffy

Vorlen my main man :'(

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2019, 03:38:35 pm »
lol I've watched videos from evan 2013, duel tournys gfs jackie, xeon etc. All I can say is LOL its legit spam and spin and loads of stuff that just would not work today. I tried to copy evans playstyle simply doesn't work because everyone holds like an autist and baits chamber blocks these days, everyone lol. You are deluded if you think players from 2012-2014 better completely deluded.

Offline PadawaN

• First Lieutenant
  • Top 5 player cant block
    • View Profile
    • ads
« Reply #149 on: March 20, 2019, 04:25:35 pm »