Author Topic: North American Duel Tournament  (Read 22862 times)

MATT123456789

Re: North American Duel Tournament
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2018, 01:58:51 am »
Blaming the game for your mediocrity lmao. Sad

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2018, 02:45:13 am »
well its either bait wars until someone block chambers or play very passive to avoid being block chambered.
there is a reason why duels are generally very boring to watch in NW, especially from the outside looking in.
nothing is fun about a game where high level play is determined by a gimmick where the only counterplay is to draw out the fight.
edit: oh yeah and the devs fucking blow. they destroy the melee then go afk for 5 years only to return and release an "update" that changed nothing about competitive play
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 02:50:55 am by Maple™ »

MATT123456789

« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2018, 12:47:37 pm »
you counter a blockchamber by kicking or holding or rechambering it,  if you  can't do any of that, which means you are bad, then its your fault for having to play passive to win, not the devs or the game.

its not a gimmick and it requires the most skill in the game to get blockchamber or chamber kills. if it was an easy gimmick, then everyone would do it.

very boring? lol wot. back when you played everyone would just have feint battles, block attack, block attack. chambering expedited duels by alot

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
  • Side: Union
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2018, 04:28:15 pm »
Lets get up to 40 ppl by the end of today. Tell your friends and spread the word <3

MATT123456789

« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2018, 04:34:04 pm »
Lets get up to 40 ppl by the end of today. Tell your friends and spread the word <3

Go to other modules(Native,NaS,Viking conquest, PW, ect) and tell em about the tournament

+ go to as many steam groups as you can and spam it in there

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2018, 06:05:22 pm »
What do you guys think about a time limit on duels?

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2018, 06:23:47 pm »
So what happens if they run out of time

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2018, 07:05:00 pm »
So what happens if they run out of time
Well its tough you see. I would just say whoever have won more rounds. But then someone could get one kill and just block the rest till time runs out. However I want to discourge overly long duels. Its something I just wanna receive feedback on. Not planning to change anything for this tourney.

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2018, 07:23:03 pm »
you counter a blockchamber by kicking or holding or rechambering it,  if you  can't do any of that, which means you are bad, then its your fault for having to play passive to win, not the devs or the game.

its not a gimmick and it requires the most skill in the game to get blockchamber or chamber kills. if it was an easy gimmick, then everyone would do it.

very boring? lol wot. back when you played everyone would just have feint battles, block attack, block attack. chambering expedited duels by alot
Spoiler
matt i understand you have a massive ego in a dlc of an indie game w less than 50 competitive players, but try to look past it.
everyone DOES do it lol its not hard at all. its so easy people do it on accident and dont even know they did it. it's not an actual mechanic, its a bug in the game that the developers didn't bother to fix. its more on taleworlds end because because its possible to do it in native, but obviously block chambering isnt that much of an issue in native. kicking isnt a real counter to blockchambering lol, its more of a trick thats really only safe to use if you can turkish kick (another bug the devs didnt fix). holding your attack IS a passive playstyle especially when skeying is paired with it. and if you execute the blockchamber properly you wouldn't be able to rechamber it.
and yes, when i said NW was boring to watch i also meant back in 2013, and so on. its a 2 attack direction game where everyone is the same class, same base stats, same weapon (in comp play at least)
[close]

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2018, 08:19:28 pm »
All my block chambers are on accident
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

MATT123456789

« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2018, 09:02:29 pm »
-My ego has nothing to do with my previous post, I explained to you that you can defeat people who blockchamber in various ways as opposed to only playing passive and blockchambering back, and I feel I have the ability to say this because I can beat people who only block chamber which you cannot.  My perspective is different from yours, you get beat by people who block chamber because you don't know how to counter it, and since you don't have good enough footwork to not get block chambered(which you say is impossible to not get stunned by yet godfreid,anthony, and suns consistently are able to avoid block chamber stuns) you come to the conclusion that its a broken unstoppable game mechanic. I too, back when I was a noob felt that everyone autoblocked and even used speed hacks.

-"its so easy people do it on accident and dont even know they did it" - Same can be said for stun chambers and feint chambers, just because something occurred on accident doesn't mean its "so easy" what type of logic is this.

-kicking is a great counter to people who blockchamber, I do it alot, ask godfreid, havoc, runepykz. When you do that kick where the stab hits the enemies block then you kick, it doesn't matter if you can turkish kick or not since you will be stunned and not able to block anyway, and by the time the stun wears off the kicking animation will have already ended as well.

-"holding your attack IS a passive playstyle especially when skeying is paired with it." What was your motive for including this?

-Even if someone blockchambers properly you can still rechamber it. Havoc, me, godfreid, and anthony all do this. Unlike you, who does not know how to.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2018, 09:39:22 pm »
I block chamber on accident pretty consistently
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2018, 09:46:16 pm »
i think you missed the point entirely and you really lack a lot of understanding in the game, but for the sake of argument on the thread i'm gonna stop. if u want to try to prove you're not a complete fool you can msg me on steam

MATT123456789

« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2018, 10:28:18 pm »
You are delusional.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2018, 10:29:13 pm »
If I ever block an up down, probably on speed.