Poll

What is the most important feature to you for the upcoming game?

Massive battles
56 (37.6%)
Historical accuracy
28 (18.8%)
Melee/horseriding mechanics
39 (26.2%)
Destructible goodness
7 (4.7%)
Proper ballistics
15 (10.1%)
Other
4 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author Topic: Most important feature to you for Battle Cry?  (Read 11545 times)

Offline Magma

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Most important feature to you for Battle Cry?
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2012, 05:35:16 am »
I'm extremely looking forward to massive battles!

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2012, 10:08:28 am »
Not using the Warband engine gives you more freedom correct?

Correct!

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2012, 01:21:59 pm »
"Other"

I want no high pings during linebattles.
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline Craig

• Captain
  • Help help I'm being reported!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Craig
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2012, 02:03:56 pm »
Melee. I was actually quite suprised to see that there were almost as many people in favour of historical accuracy, and even more for the big battles aspect, those things should be second priority in my eyes, like others have said the mechanics will be the determining point on the game. What's the point of having 500 player battles if no one likes the mechanics? So for them reasons I think the mechanics will be the most important feature, as it was the melee in warband that attracted me to it.
WILLIEM WALLACE KILLED FEFTY MEN

~~ No one gives a fuck about what you admin~~

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 01:12:45 am »
Good and many animations, variety of realistic (but still balanced) weapons, and nice character customization. Also, destroyable objects.

Offline Andriej

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 11:18:09 am »
Great optimization for the low-end machines...and massive battles of course...and huge maps...and optimization again!

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 03:14:54 pm »
Balance, plain and simple

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 10:46:46 pm »
"Other"

I want no high pings during linebattles.

YES, U READ MY MIND!!!!!!!!

plus i would like the melee to be great!!

Offline psmith

• Donator
  • Validus quod Verus
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FiDO / PSmith
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2013, 04:51:45 pm »
Commander Battle mode   8)

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2022, 08:39:46 am »
500 people in a server is epic and all, but if they actual gameplay isn't up to scratch(but it will be, so this is a ridiculous fear) then I don't see 500 people in any servers in AU.
poor guy
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline AngelofWar

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: AngelofWar
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2022, 05:30:47 am »
Melee is absolute garbage. This needs to be fixed.

Rifles / guns need range added to their stats and a place to practice. "making it real is great".... but I have no clue where my bullets are going. I need a place to learn and understand how they move.

Bayonets - Still cant remove them while moving. That's not real....

Night mode - It can go away. Nothing more to be said here.

Weapon damage - Needs a huge overhaul
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 09:41:12 pm by AngelofWar »

Offline Japan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Japan
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2022, 04:09:11 am »
Melee is a bit odd. Hopefully, it will improve with later patches.

Rifles / guns need range added to their stats and a place to practice. "making it real is great".... but I have no clue where my bullets are going. I need a place to learn and understand how they move.
Go to your settings, click on the Misc. tab, scroll all the way down, and check the box for "Show bullet tracers." You can then hop on to BCoF US Official Drillcamp (Or any server that has bullet tracers enabled), and you will be able to see where your bullets and cannon shots go.

What I found out in my short test on shooting, is that there are three variables. The first is bullet drop and it is constant and different for each weapon, the second is wind and it randomly affects bullets (I'm not talking about direction, but every time you shoot the bullet will sometimes be affected by the wind), and the third is just the inaccuracy of the weapon. The only thing I take to account when shooting is bullet drop. No point in trying to calculate the wind when it sometimes affects the bullet. The same thing with the cone shape accuracy of these weapons. 

Below is my rule of thumb. Hopefully, someone who has done extensive tests can give you accurate information and more if mine is wrong.

Over 100 yards (91.44 meters) I didn't bother at this range to test as the two random variables will make you miss most of the time.
50-100 yards (45.72 to 91.44 meters) aim for the head to the top of the hat. Aiming for there accounts for the bullet drop variable. You'll likely miss because of the other two random variables.
25-50 yards (22.86 to 45.72 meters) aim for the chest. The bullet drop isn't too dramatic here, but the other two variables may make you miss.
Below 25 yards (22.86 meters) aim anywhere and it will hit.

You can somewhat move while taking off the bayonet, but like reloading, it is a specific part of the animation. A good hint is looking at the top right. Your bayonet image changes to the end of the weapon; that is the time you can move while putting or removing the bayonet.

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2022, 10:20:28 pm »

Go to your settings, click on the Misc. tab, scroll all the way down, and check the box for "Show bullet tracers." You can then hop on to BCoF US Official Drillcamp (Or any server that has bullet tracers enabled), and you will be able to see where your bullets and cannon shots go.

What I found out in my short test on shooting, is that there are three variables. The first is bullet drop and it is constant and different for each weapon, the second is wind and it randomly affects bullets (I'm not talking about direction, but every time you shoot the bullet will sometimes be affected by the wind), and the third is just the inaccuracy of the weapon. The only thing I take to account when shooting is bullet drop. No point in trying to calculate the wind when it sometimes affects the bullet. The same thing with the cone shape accuracy of these weapons. 

Below is my rule of thumb. Hopefully, someone who has done extensive tests can give you accurate information and more if mine is wrong.

Over 100 yards (91.44 meters) I didn't bother at this range to test as the two random variables will make you miss most of the time.
50-100 yards (45.72 to 91.44 meters) aim for the head to the top of the hat. Aiming for there accounts for the bullet drop variable. You'll likely miss because of the other two random variables.
25-50 yards (22.86 to 45.72 meters) aim for the chest. The bullet drop isn't too dramatic here, but the other two variables may make you miss.

You can somewhat move while taking off the bayonet, but like reloading, it is a specific part of the animation. A good hint is looking at the top right. Your bayonet image changes to the end of the weapon; that is the time you can move while putting or removing the bayonet.
First of all holy shit you're alive?!?

Offline AngelofWar

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: AngelofWar
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2022, 02:26:28 pm »
Thank you. You are the first person to provide any guidance at all when it comes to shooting. I appreciate it.

Offline Japan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Japan
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2022, 05:16:20 am »
First of all holy shit you're alive?!?
I'm alive because I simply refused to die.

Thank you. You are the first person to provide any guidance at all when it comes to shooting. I appreciate it.
No problem, always happy to help