Author Topic: Skinning Hat Help  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Watspoon

• Private
  • bugle boy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Skinning Hat Help
« on: December 27, 2018, 02:44:12 am »
Hello everyone  ;D

I am currently making a skin for Napoleonic Wars and I'm just wondering whether for the 33rd Regiment of Foot, if you can make the Officers and Musicians have different hats. In the default game, there is one hat for all of the regiment. Is there any way we can change this? I believe there is but it has been a while since I've made a skin!

Many thanks

Offline Wolffe

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bydand!
    • View Profile
    • 92nd Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: 92nd | Col | John Gordon
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Skinning Hat Help
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 10:49:03 pm »
Hello everyone  ;D

I am currently making a skin for Napoleonic Wars and I'm just wondering whether for the 33rd Regiment of Foot, if you can make the Officers and Musicians have different hats. In the default game, there is one hat for all of the regiment. Is there any way we can change this? I believe there is but it has been a while since I've made a skin!

Many thanks
There is but you won’t be able to see the difference in servers unless they also have the modified files

Offline DarthKiller

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • Eliteteam alias. The Imperial Army
  • Nick: kk_IR_Nr59_Obst_DarthKiller
  • Side: Union
Re: Skinning Hat Help
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 12:30:16 pm »
The most simple thing you can do is attach the helmet to the head bone if it isn't already (OpenBRF press Attach to Head whatever).
Then make it a sub-item of the part which makes your class unique and after you're done delete the actual mesh from the helmet.
basically rename like british_33rd_uniform.1
british_33rd_uniform_nco.1
british_33rd_uniform_officer.1

Or however it is called.

Also make sure that EVERY unit using this hat now has atleast the normal hat attached to their uniform.

Be careful though because if the uniform or whatever part you attach your hat/helmet isn't unique you will see these hats combined with others.

Cheers

DarthKiller454

Join the Nr59 join the Infantry.
kk_IR_Nr59_Obst_DarthKiller