Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 530852 times)

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #1815 on: October 08, 2017, 01:26:38 am »
It's more than that if you are looking at the circumstances of a majority of these gun related crimes.  Most happen in inner cities, by African American males.  Have to look at the societal and economic environment of those environments as it has a direct impact on gun crime stats, growing up in an environment where poverty is high, access to drugs/gun is also high, poor education... it's no where comparable to Switzerland

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1816 on: October 08, 2017, 01:27:44 am »
I don't know what that is though.

And yet just a short while ago you were very definitively stating that it was due to our "gun culture".

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: October 08, 2017, 01:32:03 am »
I don't know what that is though.

And yet just a short while ago you were very definitively stating that it was due to our "gun culture".
Well it must be something. I'm speculating. I should have guessed you were American though due to the instant defensive tone when the issue was brought up.

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
« Reply #1818 on: October 08, 2017, 01:35:41 am »
Just tired of people acting like a crime committed with a firearm is more heinous or special than one committed with any other weapon, and going after that specifically, in lieu of tackling the much larger and more difficult problem of crime in general.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 01:37:20 am by TheBoberton »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: October 08, 2017, 01:37:45 am »
How do you tackle crime then boberton? You limit the ways the crime can be committed, which in the USA is firearms.

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
« Reply #1820 on: October 08, 2017, 01:39:29 am »
You solve the underlying social problems, like the almost complete lack of education present for the populations of dense urban areas, where the vast majority of these crimes are committed. Taking the guns solves nothing.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: October 08, 2017, 01:40:37 am »
Well for a start, taking the gun stops that person from mowing down 60 innocents at a concert in Las Vegas.

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
« Reply #1822 on: October 08, 2017, 01:45:29 am »
But not from taking a truck or bomb to the crowd and doing just as much damage. Keep in mind that the killer in Las Vegas was a multi-millionaire. He had no shortage of options.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: October 08, 2017, 01:47:25 am »
But we're not talking about his options. He bought a rifle and killed dozens of people with it as though it was the easiest thing in the world. Stop making excuses for it.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #1824 on: October 08, 2017, 02:07:38 am »
Ah, emotional appeals

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: October 08, 2017, 02:17:27 am »
Ah, emotional appeals
Glad to see nearly 60 dead people doesn't spur you into action

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #1826 on: October 08, 2017, 03:02:49 am »
Ah, emotional appeals
Well we're both A) in the wrong country and B) not part of the decision making process
So no, I don't let the deaths of 60 people give me the opportunity to signal my virtue online

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #1827 on: October 08, 2017, 03:32:31 am »
Ah, emotional appeals
well they were most likely republicans who voted Trump so I have no sympathy for them
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 06:52:14 am by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
« Reply #1828 on: October 08, 2017, 03:33:37 am »
How do you tackle crime then boberton? You limit the ways the crime can be committed, which in the USA is firearms.

Generally, it is more effective to go after the cause of an illness than the symptom. Your asserted enabler of crime, firearms, is not only something most of the population uses responsibly, but a directly specified right to possession for the citizenry of the United States.

If one was truly desiring to prevent the rampant and widespread crime of certain communities in the United States, one would be more efficient supporting the immediate cessation of the Federal subsidization of broken families - tackling not only generational criminalization*, but that of generational poverty and other such societal ills.

* Apparently this isn't a word, but it should be.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: October 08, 2017, 06:02:06 am »
Ah, emotional appeals

Still havent answered my question of why you want a Bill of Rights assured liberty removed even though there have been less than 1000 deaths by mass shooting in 50 years but keep telling us 500 dead in the past 2 years in europe at the hands of extremists isnt a crisis/major problem
Why am I still here