Author Topic: EGS | Season 4 League 1 Tournament #1 | 5v5 | 30.10  (Read 2261 times)

BlitzkriegMBNW

Re: EGS | Season 4 League 1 Tournament #1 | 5v5 | 30.10
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2022, 11:13:51 pm »
GG insane tactic last round.

Offline Ciombwoy

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ciom
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2022, 11:15:21 pm »
GG insane tactic last round.

goofy ahh tactic

Offline AchillesTheOne

• Major
  • Seals 6 [54]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The One, The Only, The Notorious

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2022, 11:17:30 pm »
Gg all

Offline Narrow

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14e_Ser_Narrow
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2022, 11:17:42 pm »
Gg coco for the final, btw the map was rly big for the final

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Board Moderator
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2022, 11:18:27 pm »
Good tourny, final was also very fun to watch, won my bet on the blitz to be first picked at 9-9 too  :-*

Offline DarkTemplar

• Board Moderator
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2022, 11:20:26 pm »
gg guys, had the feeling this was a really competetive tournament most of the time

see you in two weeks at the 6v6 :)

Offline Voluble123

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2022, 11:32:35 pm »
Hope you enjoyed the first tournament back boys! Much more to come :)  Congrats to RT on a close final and even more congrats to cocotouch on reaching the final and performing so well! Please give tournament clips to myself or Vegi to be added to the highlights video! Have a goodnight!
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline Python | Smeagol

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The Team'#039#039#039#039#039s Teamkil
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2022, 11:48:29 pm »
?

BlitzkriegMBNW

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2022, 07:22:38 am »
I have to admit I was highly septikal when I read Golden's preview mentioning it wasn't necessarily a two-horse race. Too often we have tried (myself included) to sell false narratives that give certain teams a shot at winning when they really don't but I must admit that quarter finals taken aside, the groupstage and playoffs were highly competitive, and looking solely at the results, probably the highest I have seen in a while.

I would still expect either RT/Renegades to take the whole thing in the end but I must admit Snappers & CocoTouch are looking damn impressive and the mid-table in League 1 looks wild open.

Congratulations to every teams who contributed to making the return of the EGS an enjoyable show, the admin team who took of their time as per usual to give the best conditions possible for everyone to play and Golden for still being one of the sharpest and most relevant mind in the scene.

Excited to see if League 2 can deliver the same entertainement next week.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2022, 09:24:20 am »
It was fun, the mid/lower table is looking absolutely wild though I think it’ll be different teams going through every tourney
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Tomppa

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2022, 09:34:41 am »
I have to admit I was highly septikal when I read Golden's preview mentioning it wasn't necessarily a two-horse race. Too often we have tried (myself included) to sell false narratives that give certain teams a shot at winning when they really don't but I must admit that quarter finals taken aside, the groupstage and playoffs were highly competitive, and looking solely at the results, probably the highest I have seen in a while.

I would still expect either RT/Renegades to take the whole thing in the end but I must admit Snappers & CocoTouch are looking damn impressive and the mid-table in League 1 looks wild open.

Congratulations to every teams who contributed to making the return of the EGS an enjoyable show, the admin team who took of their time as per usual to give the best conditions possible for everyone to play and Golden for still being one of the sharpest and most relevant mind in the scene.

Excited to see if League 2 can deliver the same entertainement next week.

We can't
''Fucking bunglers'' - President Kekkonen to the Finnish ministery

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2022, 03:21:53 pm »
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
  • European Groupfighting Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2022, 11:28:12 am »
Review

Spoiler

First review for season four, and it’s been an interesting first 5v5.

Groups

The group stages for Group A saw yet another RT loss to crappers, posing the burning question of a possible throw.

Or some kind of weird play to see seeding misplaced heading into quarters, or merely an overly cocky early playstyle leaning into an impressive crappers win. The rest of group A fell into unsurprising predictions.

With Renaissance finishing last with a scrappy 5-4 win over crappers, regrouped struggled in ‘grouped’ and lost out 2-5 to their toughest competition coco touch, crappers took the last 4th place spot, lastly CocoTouch fell short in groups to RT resulting in a 2nd spot.

Group B saw an early renegades vs snappers first match, resulting in an early snappers win  pulling ahead 5 rounds to renegades two.

Snappers went on to dominate the group stages and NSS almost clawed a win against Renegades with voluble managing to win a 1v2 clutch securing the 5th point for a Renegades 2nd place position. Blacknights pulled up last in the race and lost to Kamikaze, who have certainly proved their position in league 1 after some competition with Impact over in league 2.

Quarters

Heading into quarters we saw Round Table face kamikaze and decimate them in a clean sweep 7-0.

Renegades battled with regrouped with some matchups you might have witnessed in a final four years ago, renegades pulled ahead mid match and secured a 7-4 win.

Snappers faced their baby crappers and put them back to sleep with a 7-1 victory.

CocoTouch faced NSS and showed them who’s the boss with a quick and easy 7-2.

Semis

Waltzing into semis we saw some very tight matches, the goliath faced their david early in a ft 7, Renegades came out on top in the early rounds with a 3-1 lead, RT switched up their game, and after some very messy rounds used their heavy picking ability to pull ahead in an aggressive flank game.

Fietta pulled off some questionable moves to put off renegades perfect player Bagins, Voluble struggled falling asleep in middle and RT pulled ahead with a 7-4 win.

Over in the other semis a closer 7-5 saw CocoTouch pull ahead with much the same flank meta at play, despite snappers impressive lineup the new power in Natsuu and Ciomcio saw them race ahead to the finals.

Finals & Bronze

The final might have been predicted as an RT stomp however betting men would have been mistaken, with an incredibly close final and rounds diving back and forth, RT were struggling to find their footing with only the spartan picking ability of Jakob and the wild unyielding Domi keeping them afloat.

Tourney MVP Natsuu was causing mayhem across RT’s lineups with unpredictable plays across a mostly steady CocoTouch  it looked like RT might just slip up. An ever steady Marquez and Hypno pulled up the expertise and posed threats to RT’s powerhouse.

Despite this at a nail biting 9-9 an RT call saw both flanks fast attack and the inexperience in the likes of Blitzkrieg saw them drop like flies in the historically incredibly slow 9-9 scenarios. RT took home the first win of EGS S4 with a 10-9 victory over CocoTouch.

Over in the Bronze, Renegades struggled yet again vs snappers in the first few rounds, but after some lineup shuffles regained some confidence and after some impressive solo performances, Renegades settled it with a 7-5 win over Snappers earning them 3rd place.
[close]